• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation VR Launch Thread: Welcome to The Real World

Status
Not open for further replies.

Disktrasa

Banned
1 hour left to the stores open here :)

Tried yesterday, cant resist, i am so weak.

This Will not replace regular gaming but mark My words, this is the future.

Skiesofwonder

Walruses, camels, bears, rabbits, tigers and badgers.
O! My Genesis Demo Gameplay[/B]

So there's a demo for this really neat little God Game on the Asian demo disk. I captured some gameplay and thought I'd share. Lots of promise and I certainly hope it comes West.

I just got through playing this, easily one of my favorite VR experiences so far! The meteor moment blew my mind, I felt like a giant in space for a brief moment.

Anyone know if you can buy the full game on the Hong Kong PSN store?

Bookman

Hmmm I played and enjoyed rush of blood. I think it was a really cool experience, I think the tech is working and worth buying.

But, there isn't much aa and it feels a bit low res but I don't think it's the headset?
Are there any info about ps pro and Vr? Tests ?

Are any of the vr games going to get a patch?

Chris_C

I just got through playing this, easily one of my favorite VR experiences so far! The meteor moment blew my mind, I felt like a giant in space for a brief moment.

It really is simple but fun, and suddenly I want more God Games on PSVR, despite never really getting into the genre beyond Civ Rev.

I don't think the full game is available yet tho.

For people who bought Batman. Can I sit? Or do I have to stand up? Thanks.

You can sit, but it isn't the ideal experience. It's much more fun if you can clear some space and stand for an hour, because then you can turn around more freely to explore the environment, and there's a small degree of "room scale" employed in that you can take a couple of steps in either direction.

I completed the story standing and I'm glad I did, but next time I play, just to finish up some puzzles, I'll play sitting.

Hmmm I played and enjoyed rush of blood. I think it was a really cool experience, I think the tech is working and worth buying.

But, there isn't much aa and it feels a bit low res but I don't think it's the headset?

Oh man, I pushed it too much last night, and I paid for it today. I was feeling a tiny bit off after a longer session of Hyper Cube, but I decided to give Rigs a go. I felt obligated to finish all the tutorial stuff in one go, so I was locked into it for a crazy amount of time. My head paid for my stubbornness. Now I can't play Rez tonight...

Heed my words, friends: If you are feeling it at all just take the headset off and play another day.

That happened to me last night, I had a good 2 hour session and went to my buddy's house and felt weird driving, took me about 1.5 hrs to get back to normal. But today I put in a couple more hours and feel normal. I think my body and brain had to get use to it.

Ozorov

Dont find the post now but its somewhere in this thread mentioned that most developers will support VR on Pro. With better aa, resolution etc

Gemeanie

I have no access to HK PSN store but it's already on Singapore store for only SGD4 (~$3) so HK should have it as well give it's made by Taiwan developer

Edit: Seems like it only includes tutorial and 1st planet while the rest will be released as paid DLC in future

Bookman

Dont find the post now but its somewhere in this thread mentioned that most developers will support VR on Pro. With better aa, resolution etc

Better resolution should make the experience significant better. That's an argument for pro right there

SJRB

Gold Member
EVE Valkyrie is such a mindblowing experience, probably the highlight of PSVR so far for me. Even though I think 60 bucks for a game with 3 game modes and 5 maps is borderline highway robbery, I'm not even that mad because the execution is so well done.

I'm pretty garbage at the game's multiplayer mode, but the scout missions [where you can explore the maps at your own leasure] are ultra immersive.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
That sucks. Is it in standing games? if so make sure your camera is high enough and stable because you might have some of the top trackers on the headset outside of the camera range.

no it wasn't that. Honestly I'm not sure what it was, I kept trying to put it down and walk away, but I stuck with it, changed some lights around and turned the tv off. I got it to a point where it was working if I didn't move around too much, which was great for what i was playing (wayward sky, which btw I strongly recommend buying), but overall I'll need to find out why that was happening for future games.

You can sit, but it isn't the ideal experience. It's much more fun if you can clear some space and stand for an hour, because then you can turn around more freely to explore the environment, and there's a small degree of "room scale" employed in that you can take a couple of steps in either direction.

I completed the story standing and I'm glad I did, but next time I play, just to finish up some puzzles, I'll play sitting.

You can sit, but I highly recommend standing. It is meant to be played that way and I imagine sitting would somewhat break the immersion.

Thanks guys 👍 Gonna buy now :D

Star wars battlefront is being sold for less than 10 bucks here in Mexico, I'm tempted to buy it if only for the (future) VR mission, I think it's a pretty good deal, isn't it?

Arttemis

Does anyone know if the PS4 Pro will require the breakout box? I'd rather not have to deal with running the extra hardware, and streamlining it would definitely make the Pro more appealing to me.

raven777

How do you guys keep the processor unit after you turn off the PS4? Do you just leave it plugged on all the time? My processor unit is glowing red and my PS4 is off, so wondering it's ok to keep it like this all the time since there isn't any power button on the processor unit itself.

Was going to wait until december to get one but after all the positive impressions I placed an order for it. Poor wallet, VR this month and Pro next month. :p

LiK

How do you guys keep the processor unit after you turn off the PS4? Do you just leave it plugged on all the time? My processor unit is glowing red and my PS4 is off, so wondering it's ok to keep it like this all the time since there isn't any power button on the processor unit itself.

Red is standby so it should be using very little power. I just keep it plugged in for now.

tr00per

Does anyone know if the PS4 Pro will require the breakout box? I'd rather not have to deal with running the extra hardware, and streamlining it would definitely make the Pro more appealing to me.

Pretty certain that it will considering it's how the headset functions

Love the av btw. Wicky wicky wick.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
Star wars battlefront is being sold for less than 10 bucks here in Mexico, I'm tempted to buy it if only for the (future) VR mission, I think it's a pretty good deal, isn't it?

Don't expect much, just understand you're mostly paying for the VR experience, because the game itself is so dull.

Loudninja

I think the game that really gets me is how the characters in Kitchen and London Heist actually feel like they are there its pretty amazing.

Grinchy

Banned
The first thing I played a couple days ago was Job Simulator. I did the chef one for an hour straight. Aside from the Move controllers not always tracking perfectly, I had an amazing time with it. Since then, every time I've tried to play it, I've had headset drifting that has just made it too hard for me to play. I turn to the side and reach over to grab something and I get that sickness-inducing wobble.

I'll mess with it some more, but I've done quite a bit of troubleshooting already. I hope they can iron out the tracking via software because standing games are going to be something I avoid from now on otherwise.

Linconan

I think the game that really gets me is how the characters in Kitchen and London Heist actually feel like they are there its pretty amazing.

This^
Kitchen was the first VR i did, and i was drooling and amazed at the belief i really though i was there and people were infront of me.

But that's for everything i've done in VR atm aswell too.
Videos and offscreen doesn't do VR justice and now i understand what they mean when they say that.
From me playing to watching my own vid. It's just two different things.

I've been blown away, and it's everything i had hoped for VR.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Ze90vhkRUc
This is me, playing London Heist too. heheh

Aceofspades

Banned
I asked this in DCVR OT but I might get an answer here faster..

Im not sure if its my headset or DCVR specifically. DCVR seems rather blurry on my headset.

Is there any screenshot representation for comparison.

Teknoman

Its funny how Kitchen VR is one of the jaggiest visually, but manages to be the one that drives VR home the most.

Man I cant wait for full on RE7 VR.

LiK

Whoa, got dizzy playing the platformer in Playroom VR. it forced me to stand to get close enough to camera. That wasn't pleasant.

I asked this in DCVR OT but I might get an answer here faster..

Im not sure if its my headset or DCVR specifically. DCVR seems rather blurry on my headset.

Is there any screenshot representation for comparison.

It seems rather blurry because you are in motion unlike any other game.

It clearly uses below native res

I don't think so. The menus, the pre-race "photo mode" and sitting in your car adjusting the seat all looks like full resolution.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom