• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation VR Thread 2: Reloaded

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
GNOG just came out and is PSVR compatible!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SsglvOK-Sbs

GNOG-screenshot1.png

gnog-screenshot2.jpg

Shoeless

GNOG looks pretty.

Has anyone played this?

It's another puzzle game along the lines of "just click on stuff to see what happens, and then slowly figure out how things interact with each other."

There's no story or anything like that to it, and it plays without PSVR. However, with VR, you get a very cool "dollhouse effect" since it looks like a miniature that's floating in front of your face that you can look around at. I actually like it, it's a very different experience, but if you're looking for something with a story, this isn't it. But as a relaxing, very unique looking and feeling puzzle game, it scratches that itch.

Popup

I wonder if someone could kindly help me with my paranoia here.

My original PSVR developed a fault and I had to swap it for another. The replacement had a much later Serial Number and has left me questioning certain issues I had not noticed before. I hope that these observations are not down to an inferior build quality or a different OLED panel being employed in recent batches.

Could someone with an early model please confirm that motion blur is observable when moving your head left to right? Whether on the Home Screen or on games, fixing your eyes on an object and fairly quickly moving your head results in some noticeable, albeit slight, motion blur.

I played Loading Human: Chapter 1 last night.

Never has a game given me motion sickness until this one. And don't even get me started with the controls. Wow, this is probably one of the worst games released for the PSVR so far.

Avoid like the plague.

Kyolux

I played Loading Human: Chapter 1 last night.

Never has a game given me motion sickness until this one. And don't even get me started with the controls. Wow, this is probably one of the worst games released for the PSVR so far.

Avoid like the plague.

It's not that bad once you get used to it. Played it at launch and it was one of the most interesting games story wise in VR. It's nothing amazong either, but worst? No way.

Synth

It's not that bad once you get used to it. Played it at launch and it was one of the most interesting games story wise in VR. It's nothing amazong either, but worst? No way.

I still feel like the controls are the worst I've encountered in VR to date (and that's across GearVR, PSVR and Rift). I would say it's the worst VR game I've played... but I'd be lying because I've played VR Karts. I still haven't played much of it though, primarily because I always find myself playing something else rather than face its control system again.

bumpkin

Stuart Whyte, former chief of Lionhead Studios has joined Sony’s London Studio to lead the development of AAA PlayStation VR projects.
What I really want out of London Studio are more Scavenger's Odyssey and London Heist. I don't care if they're additional episodes via DLC or full fledged games, just give me more of both. Those were my two favorite PSVR Worlds excursions.

wondermega

I downloaded Polybius and Bound last night. Both quite impressive. I'm happy to see the steady stream of games coming out for the device, and looking very forward to see what is announced at E3 next month (!)

Recently picked up a Vive as well, with the intention of doing some development on it. I'm pretty torn right now between playing games and making stuff! Anyway Polybius has inspired me and I want to make a balls out crazy blaster too!

Kyolux

https://blog.eu.playstation.com/201...r-aim-controller-and-its-creation/#sf78147122
Rom Extraction confirmed with aim support!

Also they finally publicly announced a PSVR version for Arizona Sunshine.
Here's the teaser!
https://twitter.com/Vertigo_Games/status/862684045213405184

https://blog.us.playstation.com/2017/05/11/arizona-sunshine-hits-playstation-vr-in-june/
Arizona Sunshine confirmed Aim support.

Nice, been looking forward to Arizona sunshine. And rom doesn't look too bad either. Aim support sure is a plus.

Damm, just saw that aim support edit for AS. Awesome.

Matush

Need a liitle help with my PSVR and HDMI source.

When I put my PS4 in rest mode, or even turn it off, my TV still recognizes source and says, that HDMI is active. Thing is, that my PSVR breakout box is still white and does not turn off, any reason why? I moved to a different city and everything worked like charm back home, not sure what is happening now.

Any tips?

MattAces

Need a liitle help with my PSVR and HDMI source.

When I put my PS4 in rest mode, or even turn it off, my TV still recognizes source and says, that HDMI is active. Thing is, that my PSVR breakout box is still white and does not turn off, any reason why? I moved to a different city and everything worked like charm back home, not sure what is happening now.

Any tips?

Whenever the box is white, it means something is downloading in the background, after it's done, it will go red itself. At least for my case.

Planet

Arizona Sunshine looks really great, hopefully it doesn't have to make too many sacrifices to run on the PS4 and makes good use of the Pro. Definitely getting that of they don't screw up.

I like that the gameplay isn't stationary like 3 of the 5 Aim games. Of those, I think I'm fine with just Brookhaven, which I already have.

Matush

Whenever the box is white, it means something is downloading in the background, after it's done, it will go red itself. At least for my case.
The thing is, nothing is downloading. I check right now. I turned off my PSVR, put PS4 in rest mode and breakout box is still white. To add to that, TV says that PS4 source is still active. I am clueless.

Looks like I'm not the only one. I am using WiFi connection now, previously I used LAN cable.

https://www.reddit.com/r/PSVR/comments/5yy6fx/help_psvr_box_does_not_shut_down_in_rest_mode/devaaqu/

bumpkin

https://blog.eu.playstation.com/201...r-aim-controller-and-its-creation/#sf78147122
Rom Extraction confirmed with aim support!

Also they finally publicly announced a PSVR version for Arizona Sunshine.
Here's the teaser!
https://twitter.com/Vertigo_Games/status/862684045213405184

https://blog.us.playstation.com/2017/05/11/arizona-sunshine-hits-playstation-vr-in-june/
Arizona Sunshine confirmed Aim support.
Never heard of either before... Found some gameplay videos of Arizona Sunshine being played on the Vive. It's on my PSVR radar now, it looks fun. Have they given any indication of price? What does it cost for the Vive version?

MattAces

Never heard of either before... Arizona Sunshine is on my radar now. Have they given any indication of price? What does it cost for the Vive version?

$40 on steam. It has a 2 player co-op campaign featuring distinct location and 4 player co-op horde mode. Pretty fully fledged game also a very critically acclaimed VR game.

Rom apparently only has 1 stage and quite barebone in the Vive version, but they mention online leadearboard, multiplayer and definitely more maps as a free update for Vive, since it's coming later, I would assume Sony will require them to submit a more complete game by then.

VexyWexy

I still feel like the controls are the worst I've encountered in VR to date (and that's across GearVR, PSVR and Rift). I would say it's the worst VR game I've played... but I'd be lying because I've played VR Karts. I still haven't played much of it though, primarily because I always find myself playing something else rather than face its control system again.

The controls in Loading Human are inexcusably bad. I gave that game all the patience I could muster but spending 10 minutes trying to pick something up off the floor was the breaking point.

Here They Lie got a Pro patch for those grainy graphics didn't it? Can anyone recommend it at the sale price?

WITHE1982

The thing is, nothing is downloading. I check right now. I turned off my PSVR, put PS4 in rest mode and breakout box is still white. To add to that, TV says that PS4 source is still active. I am clueless.

Looks like I'm not the only one. I am using WiFi connection now, previously I used LAN cable.

https://www.reddit.com/r/PSVR/comments/5yy6fx/help_psvr_box_does_not_shut_down_in_rest_mode/devaaqu/

Yup I've had the same problem. I reported it to Sony customer services and they passed it on to the next level. Unfortunately that was around month ago and I've not heard back. In the meantime the problem seems to have fixed itself.

Just make sure no downloads are pending, trophies on all accounts are fully synced and I also had to disable wifi when in rest mode. Since then the breakout box now turns red when I switch off or enter rest mode.

I have noticed it reoccurring a 1 or 2 times since but I honestly have no idea why it's happening.

Shoeless

Has anybody tried the Chainsmokers Paris thing?

It's a music video with a little bit of interactivity here and there, so you're not just looking at images around in 3D. It's harmless enough, and another one of those "neat-o/gee whiz" things you might also want to use to show off VR to newbies. No reason to not download it and try it, it's free, isn't it?

ZehDon

I know I'm probably dreaming, but has Sony made mention if their E3 conference will be viewable in VR? Seems like the perfect moment to use that type of functionality... and it would be super cool.

Markew001

Yup I've had the same problem. I reported it to Sony customer services and they passed it on to the next level. Unfortunately that was around month ago and I've not heard back. In the meantime the problem seems to have fixed itself.

Just make sure no downloads are pending, trophies on all accounts are fully synced and I also had to disable wifi when in rest mode. Since then the breakout box now turns red when I switch off or enter rest mode.

I have noticed it reoccurring a 1 or 2 times since but I honestly have no idea why it's happening.

Strangely mine has been staying white even when I power the console down completely! Not just rest mode.

Shoeless

I know I'm probably dreaming, but has Sony made mention if their E3 conference will be viewable in VR? Seems like the perfect moment to use that type of functionality... and it would be super cool.

I expect this might happen in the future if VR sticks around, but it's probably too much to ask for this E3. I can't imagine the image quality would be great as a live stream.

Kyolux

I wouldn't expect it at this point. They would have mentioned it when they announced the date. Would have been great though. It's been 7 years since I've been to one of these in person.

Lan Dong Mik

And why would I want them?
Kinda OT but Is there a thread going that discusses the big name VR games coming out this year? Not only for PSVR but also Including Vive and Oculous? I can't believe I haven't heard of any major AAA titles for VR yet aside from RE 7. Maybe I'm just out of the loop

Top Bottom