• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Black Version 2/White Version 2 |OT| Zero Shades of Grey

My starter in Black was a Snivy I named Steve Jobs. I eventually got all three starters by playing White and trading to myself, but Steve Jobs stayed in the party the whole way though. I think for White 2 I'll pick Snivy again, name it Steve Jobs, then trade with Black 2 for the others.

My White playthrough post-starter trading was an Oshawott, so my post-starter trade Black 2 playthrough will keep that starter.

I think in the last 3 pokemon I played(Soul Silver, Black, White) I finished the game with just the starter pokemon + 1 random and HM slaves using as sacrifices.

I think I must be the only one here that took so long until posting in the thread. Blame me on the other side of the world.

Just have to wait until the preorder arrives on the mail...

Also, best. Samurott. Art. Ever. *saves to disk*

alvmew

I miss chibi yui :(

So basically can you do the old trade starter to another game, grind it to super high lvl and trade it back?

I recall starter pokemon will never disobey you, no matter the level.

All Pokemon originally caught by you in your game never disobey you, regardless of level. Disobedience comes into play when you have a Pokemon that has been traded to you and you aren't the original trainer.

Velcro Fly

About to fire up my Black cart and begin the hunt for the perfect Horsea that will eventually become the Kingdra I use for my White 2 Challenge Mode run. I need something to do to keep busy this week until the game comes out.

upandaway

Think I'll go starter-less this time. I already played once with all starters and it looks like the perfect game to do it with the huge dex.

MarkusRJR

I've been on a Pokemon blackout since I learned that it takes place a while after B/W and that some part is frozen (or unfrozen? I forgot) in Unova. How awesome is this game, without spoiling anything? Better or worse than B/W?

I've been on a Pokemon blackout since I learned that it takes place a while after B/W and that some part is frozen (or unfrozen? I forgot) in Unova. How awesome is this game, without spoiling anything? Better or worse than B/W?

You're going to get a variety of views on that one, but my gut feeling is that it's better just because of the insane amount of content that they pack in.

All Pokemon originally caught by you in your game never disobey you, regardless of level. Disobedience comes into play when you have a Pokemon that has been traded to you and you aren't the original trainer.

So I could trade it over to another game and grind it up.

glad that old tricks from red and blue still work :)

upandaway

So I could trade it over to another game and grind it up.

glad that old tricks from red and blue still work :)
Man, me and my entire school must have been the dumbest kids in the world. We didn't even CONSIDER that there's a chance our Pokemon will actually carry out what we tell him to do.

That's not how it worked. The faster you press A, the more likely you are to do any sort of damage within the next hour. That's all there was to it.

Man, me and my entire school must have been the dumbest kids in the world. We didn't even CONSIDER that there's a chance our Pokemon will actually carry out what we tell him to do.

That's not how it worked. The faster you press A, the more likely you are to do any sort of damage within the next hour. That's all there was to it.
I hold right whenever my pokemon takes damage because i think it stops its HP bar from draining.

Esura

Banned
I just got to pick Tepig again. He is an adorable little thing. Probably be the first time I'm going to pick the same starter in the 3rd version (or 's' in this case) of a generation. I almost want to not evolve it at all. It's the Cyndaquil of the B/W series.

so which starter is the 'best'?

like every game has a starter that faired better against earlier gyms due to the matchup of elements.

I heard they mixed up the gym ordering for this right?

btw: any chance of pokemon ever changing up the pokeball mechanics?

tired of stunning sleeping legendaries and throwing ultraballs for an hr.

like every game has a starter that faired better against earlier gyms due to the matchup of elements.

btw: any chance of pokemon ever changing up the pokeball mechanics?

tired of stunning sleeping legendaries and throwing ultraballs for an hr.

The water starter is usually always a solid choice...grass is lacking and fire gets tagged with the stupid fighting type again.

I'd be lying if I denied that anime Oshawott had any influence on my opinion, yeah. :)

mDYzN.gif

None of the starters over overwhelmingly well typed for the gyms this time around. Snivy's probably got the best matchups this time, although it still suffers against Roxie, Skyla and Burgh.

Neo Child

Banned
done a replay of white, replaying platinum now and GOD DAMN its slow.

team:
chimchar
psyduck
golbat (FOUND AND CAUGHT A LEVEL 10 GOLBAT IS THIS EVEN POSSIBLE?)
budew (always love a budew)

done a replay of white, replaying platinum now and GOD DAMN its slow.

team:
chimchar
psyduck
golbat (FOUND AND CAUGHT A LEVEL 10 GOLBAT IS THIS EVEN POSSIBLE?)
budew (always love a budew)

What makes it so slow? I've played both recently but they're not that bad.

Kurita

Gosh I'm so hyped.
I played the japanese version for some hours without understanding anything but it was amazing.

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
Anyone know why Famitsu gave B&W a 40/40 and B&W2 a 36/40?

Neo Child

Banned
Basement of Oreburgh Gate, 5% shot.

this is exactly what happened. i had to do a double take cause ive never seen a level 10 golbat.

was lookin for a few seconds thinking 'something seems off about this zubat'

What makes it so slow? I've played both recently but they're not that bad.

exp leveeling bar goes so slow, and ive disabled attack animations cause they take too long doing nothing

this is exactly what happened. i had to do a double take cause ive never seen a level 10 golbat.

was lookin for a few seconds thinking 'something seems off about this zubat'

exp leveeling bar goes so slow, and ive disabled attack animations cause they take too long doing nothing

I had the same issue with Pearl/Platinum. It felt like such a grind, more so than any of the other games.

Top Bottom