• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Black Version 2/White Version 2 |OT| Zero Shades of Grey

Man God

Non-Canon Member
This will be the first time I bench my starter.
The love isn't there anymore. Hoping I can get a good fire type early.

You can get growlithe early and darumaka but Tepig is a great pokemon.

oshawatt.gif

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
This will be the first time I bench my starter.
The love isn't there anymore. Hoping I can get a good fire type early.

You can picked up the mighty
Volcarona in Relic Castle
after you have the Quake Badge. But of course Darumaka is available pretty early and he's a beast too.

Izick

Currently playing through Pokemon: Black for the first time. My first Pokemon since Ruby, and I played all the ones prior to that, including the console games. It's good to be back.

I'm gonna bench my starter as well. Played Black with Tepig, so I don't want to go that route again and I hate the other 2 dudes. I don't even have a gameplan right now.

TheOGB

Banned
I can't ever find it in me to bench my starter. I always get so attached.

Maybe an all starter run wouldn't be the best idea. :c

Ragus

Banned
I will also bench my starter. Don't want to go with Tepig again, and the 2 other starters are just... bad.

When can I trade pokemon in B/W2? After first gym?

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
I will also bench my starter. Don't want to go with Tepig again, and the 2 other starters are just... bad.

When can I trade pokemon in B/W2? After first gym?

Samurott is usable, it's just very plain. It has good all around stats, and can attack from either side.. so it doesn't really matter what nature you end up with. It can also learn most of the HMs you'll need in Cut, Surf, Strength, Waterfall and Dive. And Rock Smash.. so it can serve some use and it has a cool design.

Serperior is the one that's lacking, which is funny because I prefer fast Pokemon, but it's so weak attacking wise, it doesn't really matter.

what? fuck dis game

Squirtle's never been available for capture. It's just one of the many things you need to accept about the series: you'll never be able to catch starters in the wild, no matter how many generations have passed.

If it makes you feel better, you can catch the superior turtle Carracosta in BW2.

Acrylic7

Whens the earliest you can get a Leaf and Water Stone?
I might want my Poliwrath and Victrebell.

Wish I could get a Staryu early on :(
I hate how Gamefreak handles Pokemon.
I don't care what anyone says, even though Pokemon is already fun its the one game on Earth with the most untapped potential.

I'll buy this day one, but I won't play it until my friend beats the game and gives me the challenge key. I need to find my games case so I can breed eggs of my dream team to use. But if I can't find it...URGH. =(

pokemon-travis.png

I love these guys. ;_;

Ahh...and I gotta say, Nate is probably my favourite trainer design out of all of them. I'm not sure why, but I really, really like him.

Tepig is pretty useless since there are better/just as good options early. Snivy is for true Gs, which not everyone is, so I'll let that slide. But there aren't many water pokemon let alone many better than Samurott so....unless I'm wrong about that.

Esura

Banned
I'll buy this day one, but I won't play it until my friend beats the game and gives me the challenge key. I need to find my games case so I can breed eggs of my dream team to use. But if I can't find it...URGH. =(

pokemon-travis.png

I love these guys. ;_;

Ahh...and I gotta say, Nate is probably my favourite trainer design out of all of them. I'm not sure why, but I really, really like him.

That is badass. Who drew that?

Game Informer said:
I openly chalk it up to nostalgia, but when I see Pokémon like Psyduck or Rattata show up in the field, I get excited. Not many of the recent Pokémon inspire the same emotion. Tepig (my choice of starter), Purrloin, Drilbur, and Minccino (who rivals Pikachu in cute factor), all have simple designs that are clearly based in the real world, but most lack the elegant simplicity of Pokémon of the past in favor of being bizarre and slightly terrifying.

Haha. He'd get along quite well with some of you. At least he admits it's nostalgia.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
Tepig is pretty useless since there are better/just as good options early. Snivy is for true Gs, which not everyone is, so I'll let that slide. But there aren't many water pokemon let alone many better than Samurott so....unless I'm wrong about that.

There are so many Grass types that outclass Snivy evolution line, just like Tepig. At least Tepig is the cutest of all the unevolved starters. Samurott is a solid Pokemon, but it's really limited to being the most generic water type available with hilarious Megahorn. Basculin with Adaptability is really powerful, Seismitoad has a great secondary typing in exchange for a small attack drop (it's faster than people think), and Jellicent is really awesome with insta-recovery. And I think Marill is available pretty early in the game as well.

All the BW starters are easily outclassed except Samurott. You're only using them if you love their look, or can't give up your precious starter.

TheOGB

Banned
Looks like some Targets are breaking the street date. Go check it out, people.
Checked earlier today. My Target seems to be too competent to sell the game early. And my friend wasn't working today. And the website doesn't list any locations anymore. :c

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
aHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHa

It's true. Snivy is a stuck up snot nose useless Grasser that can't even learn Sleep Powder and turns into an ugly weed and Oshawott is a fucking clown who stays pure Water, but at least he evolves into a badass.

Chikorita is the cutest unevolved starter. This is not debatable.

All the 2nd generation starter Pokemon begin cute. Too bad they all end up so boring.

idyVwIbXKmjyS.png

Top Bottom