• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Black Version 2/White Version 2 |OT| Zero Shades of Grey

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
Take a wild guess.

Actually, both areas are accessible in any version, so long as you have someone connect with the Unova Link and pass you the key.

I'm pretty sure I remember the originals having swapped locales for that. Black had White Forest and White had Black City.

They're not swapped by default, but both are able to be swapped. And both locations are very similar this time, offering trainer battles, Pokemon and items.

BlackJace

Actually, both areas are accessible in any version, so long as you have someone connect with the Unova Link and pass you the key.

They're not swapped by default, but both are able to be swapped. And both locations are very similar this time, offering trainer battles, Pokemon and items.

Oh okay, thanks.

Gah. :(

I broke my 3DS's charger.

I've ordered another charger, but it's going to be another two weeks before it comes. Looks like the game's going to be played for a short while before I go silent because I'm outta charge on both my 3DS and DSi. (I brought only one charger.)

ohlawd

Gah. :(

I broke my 3DS's charger.

I've ordered another charger, but it's going to be another two weeks before it comes. Looks like the game's going to be played for a short while before I go silent because I'm outta charge on both my 3DS and DSi. (I brought only one charger.)

Can't you just walk in an electronics store like Best Buy and get one for $20?

Qurupeke

About the starter, I am not sure what to choose yet. In White, I chose Snivy,which unfortunately has a very bad movepool. I'm thinking of Oshawott now, as I always loved the water starter.

Oh and
Riolu, Eevee
are surely gonna be part of my team.

About the starter, I am not sure what to choose yet. In White, I chose Snivy,which unfortunately has a very bad movepool. I'm thinking of Oshawott now, as I always loved the water starter.

Oh and
Riolu, Eevee
are surely gonna be part of my team.

Samurott has a really awesome moveset. From a metagame standpoint, it's the best Gen V starter you can get.

Make the Eevee an Espeon :3

Can't we get a DW eevee in game rather early on? I'd love to try out Espeon with Magic Guard.

I'm thinking:

Arcanine (Fire)
Starmie (Water/Psychic)
Magnezone (Electric/Steel)
Dragonite (Dragon/Flying)
Espeon (Psychic)
Lucario (Fighting/Steel)

I wish someone had a zapdos that they'd be willing to part with. I haven't used that thing since R/B/Y. Also looking for a speed boost torchic.

I kinda wanna use pokemon that I have never used before. I'm looking at slowbro and rotom for example. (Wanna turn rotom into wash rotom) I see that they are available using the pokemon dream radar.

I'm really tempted to pick this one up. I didn't get the original Black and White, and it took me a while to get around to beating Diamond and SoulSilver.

Highwind

Awesome. I can get the EU version cheaper despite having NA hardware so I might go for it.

That's great to hear :D
No need to import an NA copy

I'd hold off on the excitement I'm afraid.

Someone on another forum gave me this ID: TWL-IRDP-EUR for White 2, which means that the European games might be region locked. I say might because after showing him the ID for the US games, he thought it was strange.

He could have read the ID wrong so I'd wait till next week. It wouldn't make sense considering this wasn't how BW1 was handled but you never know.

I kinda wanna use pokemon that I have never used before. I'm looking at slowbro and rotom for example. (Wanna turn rotom into wash rotom) I see that they are available using the pokemon dream radar.

I wanted to do this too so the two people I play the game with set up themed fights. So far we've done pure type Pokemon, gym-style fights where we don't know what types we picked, and eventually we'll do ones where the Pokemon are matched by color and ones with Pokemon that don't evolve. It's been fun so far, but we've also bet on the outcome.

upandaway

Someone on another forum gave me this ID: TWL-IRDP-EUR for White 2, which means that the European games might be region locked. I say might because after showing him the ID for the US games, he thought it was strange.

He could have read the ID wrong so I'd wait till next week. It wouldn't make sense considering this wasn't how BW1 was handled but you never know.
Argh!

Well it's not like I can preorder anyway so I'll wait. But I hope he's wrong. And thanks for the heads up.

Highwind

Argh!

Well it's not like I can preorder anyway so I'll wait. But I hope he's wrong.

Well....best case scenario is that he either assumed or saw from a distance and got O and P mixed up.

As it releases next week, most stores and reviewers have the game already. I have gotten the ID I saw confirmed multiple times, and they (EUR and AUS) should all use the same "O" code if BW is anything to go by.

:(
That sucks. Thanks for telling us though.

Highwind

:(
That sucks. Thanks for telling us though.

Well, it's not exactly set in stone yet. It could simply be a case of him being wrong as there are no pictures and I don't think he was so sure himself especially after seeing my screenshot.

Worst case is that you'll just have to get it from Play Asia which has it cheaper anyway + free shipping.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
is Keldeo available in Ebgames in Quebec state?
Nintendo has announced a new event! The ‘Amazing Colt Pokémon’ Keldeo will be available in most branches of Gamestop in America. In Canada, it is available from EB Games stores, while in the UK you can get it in Game and Gamestation shops.

Yes.

Acrylic7

I also wish that I could catch better Pokemon near the start of the game.
why isn't it possible to run into a lv2 Bulbasaur at the start? or maybe an Eevee?

Whenever they get to the 3ds Pokemon, I hope that we get some variety.

gosox333

I also wish that I could catch better Pokemon near the start of the game.
why isn't it possible to run into a lv2 Bulbasaur at the start? or maybe an Eevee?

Whenever they get to the 3ds Pokemon, I hope that we get some variety.

These games are the best they've ever been in that regard. You can find
Rioulu, Mareep and Growlithe
all before the second gym. Plus tons more later on.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Even base Black and White gives you some absolutely brutal pokemon early on. Unova Pokémon are by and large ready to go from the start.

brinstar

Does anyone know if you can nickname the Pokemon you get from the Dream Radar AR game? I see Porygon is available through that and now I'm reconsidering my entire team

Mileena

Banned
you can probably pick up black/white pretty cheap. good starting point and itll be a fresh experience

$35 on Amazon, really? Haha fuck off Nintendo.

I'll pick up the sequel if anything. I don't really care about story in games. Can I get a Squirtle early on in the game?

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
$35 on Amazon, really? Haha fuck off Nintendo.

I'll pick up the sequel if anything. I don't really care about story in games. Can I get a Squirtle early on in the game?

GAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHA

... No. You won't be able to get a Squirtle at all. Unless you ask someone on a forum to trade for one.

Sora_N

Tempted to do an Eevee run as well, but not sure yet. If not, I may pick one type and do a run like that. It'll be the first time I tried something different lol.

Acrylic7

This will be the first time I bench my starter.
The love isn't there anymore. Hoping I can get a good fire type early.

Top Bottom