• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Black Version 2/White Version 2 |OT| Zero Shades of Grey

I don't see this opinion thrown around a lot, so I'm gonna say I think most of the new Pokemon look good, but all of the new human characters look like garbage. Still, finally finished White yesterday and traded all my junk from Gen 4, so I'm ready!

Firestorm

I don't see this opinion thrown around a lot, so I'm gonna say I think most of the new Pokemon look good, but all of the new human characters look like garbage. Still, finally finished White yesterday and traded all my junk from Gen 4, so I'm ready!

but the girl has sailor moon hair

zroid

Banned

that's not an uncommon opinion at all for B2W2 :p

they got a little... enthusiastic... when they designed the hair :lol

Emitan

HE HAS FUCKING RETURNED

665001299.jpg

I'm just playing through my copy of Black 2 that I've been neglecting in preparation.

IrishNinja

Yeah you can, but sadly it is only found in areas that you get access to after the Elite Four. Might be best just to get a fellow Gaffer to trade you one.

awesome! hopefully billie, gravijers, boney, chet etc will heed the call. are the elite 4 the last bosses or like, those optional-but-harder-than-the-last-boss-bosses?
also how's GAF's community for these games, usually?

ps why did you people get chet banned for posting anime boobs

Emitan

awesome! hopefully billie, gravijers, boney, chet etc will heed the call. are the elite 4 the last bosses or like, those optional-but-harder-than-the-last-boss-bosses?

They're usually the final bosses. BW shook things up with that so I'm not sure if these games play it straight or not.

Ah, well I wanted to be sort of overview-ish in that regard, so as not to bog down the casual observer with details they might not care about, like the IV thing.

Nevertheless, I am thinking of adding a more indepth diff. thing later, because there are many tiny new things beyond what is listed, definitely.
Understandable.
What's a Chet?

(Really, I don't follow Poke-GAF)
A tits addict.

They're usually the final bosses. BW shook things up with that so I'm not sure if these games play it straight or not.

MASSIVE POST-GAME SPOILERS

There are several bonus bosses this time around that prove to be even harder than the E4. These bosses include:

Alder
Cynthia
Colress
Benga (Alder's Legendary-using son)
Two GameFreak employees
The rivals from the first game
N

Elite Four is the Pokemon equivalent to an end game boss rush, you have four tough trainers followed by the current Champion. They all use single types like the gym leaders, but their Pokemon are usually a fair bit higher level wise and have a bunch of tough and/or annoying moves.

In terms of optional post-endgame "bosses", take your pick. Aside from a bunch of ones that I won't spoil you also have the World Tournament which is another "boss rush" where every single gym leader and champion from all previous Pokemon games return and you fight 3 in a row.

As for the GAF community, fairly large and very active. I've never had problems setting up trades.

zroid

Banned
Ah, well I wanted to be sort of overview-ish in that regard, so as not to bog down the casual observer with details they might not care about, like the IV thing.

Nevertheless, I am thinking of adding a more indepth diff. thing later, because there are many tiny new things beyond what is listed, definitely.

Maybe you could request a mod to give you the second post? In there you could stick all of those details and make it clear that it's not targeted at the casual player.

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
The new Unova Link feature lets you enhance your game, and your friend’s games, with various extra features, including unlockable Challenge (hard) and Assist (easy) difficulty modes, depending on your game. The “keys” you receive for this feature unlock through completion of various in-game tasks. Unlocked Keys can be transferred locally to a new cart from a game that has unlocked them already, so that their effects can take place immediately. Note: the Challenge Key is unlocked in Pokémon Black Version 2, and the Assist Key in Pokémon White Version 2. They can be transferred to the opposite version after unlocking, however.

Goddamnit. What crazy voodoo do I need to conjure if I want to dive into this game headfirst with an actual challenge. I don't want to wait until the Elite four before the game decides to actually man up.

entremet

I've really been enjoying Black. I'll pick this up as well. Caught pokefever once again and will probably pick up the Gen 4 games as well.

gosox333

Oshit, somebody on 4chan has the english version already.

Hopefully news of the
Virbank gym song
comes soon.

EDIT:
Somebody's saying they changed it to P-O-K-E-M-O-N - POKEMON

Not confirmed, of course, but still interesting.

Boney

Banned

i'll heed your call

brinstar

Not really, but it's good. He's got an awkward phase where he really only has Counter as his main form of offense. While enemies use pretty much exclusively physical attacks until after the first gym, it's annoying when they use status attacks.

It usually gets its happiness evolution by around the third gym, and from there it's pretty nuts. Mid-lategame though, it just has Force Palm as its main fighting STAB, which starts to become somewhat underpowered.

Overall, good but not broken.

Oh okay, maybe I'll use one then, I was afraid a Lucario would make the game too easy. Thanks!

And thanks to everyone for the kind words on my drawing! :D

TheOGB

Banned
Oshit, somebody on 4chan has the english version already.

Hopefully news of the
Virbank gym song
comes soon.

EDIT:

Damn, why must I be so eager to spoil myself D: (not your fault, but now my dumb self is gonna wanna keep up with this)

Ah man this thread is getting me hyped-- I drew a Samurott and figured I'd share~

samurott.jpg
Wicked.

backlot

EDIT:

I don't know...
If they're gonna make the word one letter longer then why not just using "KOFFING"? Same amount of letters as "POKEMON".

TheOGB

Banned
aww shit, Target.com says Black 2 is in stock at the store right up the street, I might be able to get this ERRLAY.

Of course, it has to be closed now, so I'll check it out tomorrow.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
aww shit, Target.com says Black 2 is in stock at the store right up the street, I might be able to get this ERRLAY.

Of course, it has to be closed now, so I'll check it out tomorrow.

I checked and you're right, they all say they're in store. It might be a glitch.
Then again, Gamestop just billed my pre-order even though it doesn't come out until next week. Unless Gamestop bills pre-orders the minute you order, which is kind of stupid.

Top Bottom