• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Black Version 2/White Version 2 |OT| Zero Shades of Grey

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
Ill probably go with Crobat. I looked at swoobats stats and it does look pretty weak.

Sigilyph looks interesting, and I already have a couple from the dream radar, but ill pass on it.

And I was thinking about drifblim, but I already have a ghost pokemon (gengar).

Swoobat's main selling point would be its ability Simple and a move like Calm Mind. Simple doubles the stat changes, so you'll really be getting +2 to both SpAtk and SpDef with every Calm Mind. It makes Swoobat pretty powerful, but it is really weak before it can setup.

Sigilyph and Crobat are both powerful. You can't go wrong with either.

I can never use zubat and ratata because I feel like I'm encouraging them jumping me every five seconds in caves in generation 1.

Best feature for BW2 is the auto-prompt for using another Repel when one runs out.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I was just leveling Gyrados with a lucky egg, assuming he was water/dragon. I finally checked him and realized he's flying/water. urgh. Especially urgh if I'm going to get Ho-Oh to cover flying.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Musharna and Reuniclus are both so cute. Swoobat and Beheeyem are okay. But damn, Gothitelle is ugly and not very unique.. until it gets Shadow Tag.

Frisk is underrated in single player. I always caught wild pokemon with items on them!

But yeah, it's a worse Gardevoir with an interesting Cry. Beeheeyem is also pretty average in the movepool area. Musharna is an adorable pokemon but ends up being a slightly less extreme Reuniclus. Sigilyph is a total boss though. I got luckily and my first dream radar pokemon was one, tinted lens is a fantastic single player ability!

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
I was just leveling Gyrados with a lucky egg, assuming he was water/dragon. I finally checked him and realized he's flying/water. urgh. Especially urgh if I'm going to get Ho-Oh to cover flying.

Having two Flying Pokemon is not really an issue. Water / Flying is an amazing typing.

Frisk is underrated in single player. I always caught wild pokemon with items on them!

But yeah, it's a worse Gardevoir with an interesting Cry. Beeheeyem is also pretty average in the movepool area. Musharna is an adorable pokemon but ends up being a slightly less extreme Reuniclus. Sigilyph is a total boss though. I got luckily and my first dream radar pokemon was one, tinted lens is a fantastic single player ability!

It's at least tied with Yanmega as the best Tinted Lens user available and I love that it can Skill Swap it in doubles on to something like Salamence, to give it an unresisted Dragon attack. It's just Magic Guard is too amazingly good most of the time.

Beheeyem is nothing that special, but I do enjoy the look and all three of his abilities are useful.

Roto13

Bitch can't even learn Fly.

It's pretty awesome as long as your opponent doesn't know any electric moves though.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
One of the gen four pokedex descriptions for Gyarados mentions how rare he is. You click on the the area part of the dex and he's in EVERY SINGLE WATER ROUTE IN THE GAME.

RagnarokX

Gyarados is only one of the best pokemon in the game. Hard to kill and very strong.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
One of the gen four pokedex descriptions for Gyarados mentions how rare he is. You click on the the area part of the dex and he's in EVERY SINGLE WATER ROUTE IN THE GAME.

ibu9QXw6pxeSG8.gif

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Wait it's gen three's Leaf Green description. He's still all over the place in that game.

Routes 4, 6, 10, 11, 12, 13, 19, 20, 21 22, 23 & 25, Cerulean City, Cinnabar Island, Four Island, Fuchsia City, Lavender Town, One Island, Pallet Town, Viridian City, Berry Forest, Bond Bridge, Cape Brink, Cerulean Cave Floor 1 & Basement 1, Five Isle Meadow, Green Path, Icefall Cave Floor 1, Kindle Road, Memorial Pillar, Outcast Island, Resort Gorgeous, Ruin Valley, Safari Zone Areas 1, 2, 3 & Center, Seafoam Island Basements 3 & 4, S.S. Anne, Tanoby Ruins, Trainer Tower, Treasure Beach, Water Labyrinth, Water Path (Fish)

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
Gyarados is just a Flying type. It doesn't mean it can fly. A lot of Flying types (24) can't actually Fly.

Imagine if Gyarados still had 100 base SpA. It'd be a mixed Salamence that could actually stay in against Bulky Waters.

There was some crazy guy at one of the VGC tournaments having success with hilarious Specs Gyarados. Why.. it makes me want to slap a Specs on my Tauros!

Nah Flygon should be Bug/Dragon with Quiver Dance.

Quoted for truth. Give him Tinted Lens as his secondary ability too.

MikeMyers

Gyarados is just a Flying type. It doesn't mean it can fly. A lot of Flying types (24) can't actually Fly.
Yeah but it only gets one Flying move...and its not a really good one either. I demand Roost!

There was some crazy guy at one of the VGC tournaments having success with hilarious Specs Gyarados. Why.. it makes me want to slap a Specs on my Tauros!

I ran a mixed set of Fire Blast/Ice Beam/Thunder/Earthquake @ Expert Belt in BW1 for a while.

Man God

Non-Canon Member

Well it's had a legendary special move pool since gen 1.

I've tried it before as a joke and you can get some traction with it...especially with a BP'd tailglow!

Korosenai

I was very surprised to find out Genesect could fly lol.

Was gonna teach fly to Thundurus, and it said Genesect was able to learn it. Made no sense, though I guess he is sort of a robot.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
Yeah but it only gets one Flying move...and its not a really good one either. I demand Roost!

I ran a mixed set of Fire Blast/Ice Beam/Thunder/Earthquake @ Expert Belt in BW1 for a while.

Dragon Dance / Bounce / Sleep Talk / Rest was kind of hilarious to run in 4th Generation OU. It could have some middle success and paralysis via Bounce always brought a smile to my face. I kind of want to try Bounce in Doubles with a Feint partner.

MikeMyers

Dragon Dance / Bounce / Sleep Talk / Rest was kind of hilarious to run in 4th Generation OU. It could have some middle success and paralysis via Bounce always brought a smile to my face. I kind of want to try Bounce in Doubles with a Feint partner.

Well, I had run with the mixed set.

Fire Blast takes out Ferrothorn, still does a ton even in rain.
Thunder takes out Cloyster and Skarmory
Ice Beam for random Dragon switch ins
and Earthquake still maims Tyranitar / Sun Teams.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
Well, I had run with the mixed set.

Fire Blast takes out Ferrothorn, still does a ton even in rain.
Thunder takes out Cloyster and Skarmory
Ice Beam for random Dragon switch ins
and Earthquake still maims Tyranitar / Sun Teams.

I think the Specs Dos was in Rain, which gave Hydro Pump a ton of power, so they go pure Special. In game, anything goes. I use to give my Tauros Surf so it could deal with Rock types easier prior to getting the Earthquake TM.

MikeMyers

I think the Specs Dos was in Rain, which gave Hydro Pump a ton of power, so they go pure Special. In game, anything goes. I use to give my Tauros Surf so it could deal with Rock types easier prior to getting the Earthquake TM.

Nah the person had Surf instead of Hydro Pump, he ran along side Gastodrion for Surf boosts.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
So, um, what's up with the Village Bridge band dudes referred to as the "Dark" musicians by the dude in the left Gatehouse?

When I first saw that, I wondered if Gamefreak was hinting at them being the Shadow Triad...till I remembered there are 4 Village Bridge musicians

Trey

Lucario sweeping the seventh gym just wasn't fair. Nothing stood a chance. (other than some rough skin Druddigon holding a rocky helmet)

Wow, Marlon was a really anticlimactic final gym leader, they should've switched him with Drayden. Had some surprisingly funny dialogue/moments considering the game, though.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
This memory link stuff is soooooo GOOD! :O Why isn't this in the normal game?! (Poke breeder in Himilau.)

...Andrex! Is it because of that Trainer that my heart wavers now?

#yaoi #wut

Trey

truth be told lucario can own all the gyms.

Lucario > BW2.

So damn versatile. Everyone knows this by now but damn, it almost isn't fair.

Finally got my final starting six in order.

Lucario
Gyarados
Excadrill
Tyranitar
Infernape
Virizion

A bit biased toward physical attacking but it shouldn't be a problem in-game. Great coverage and weaknesses are covered aside from fighting, which is the only reason I have Bounce on 'dos.

ffdgh

This memory link stuff is soooooo GOOD! :O Why isn't this in the normal game?! (Poke breeder in Himilau.)

...Andrex! Is it because of that Trainer that my heart wavers now?

#yaoi #wut

He appears in any pokecenter actually so you could have seen him as early as the 2nd or 3rd city.

Top Bottom