• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Black Version 2/White Version 2 |OT| Zero Shades of Grey

Korosenai

So I picked up a Dwebble from the Desert Resort (Lv. 24), and a Zubat from Castelia Sewers (Lv. 14).

I thought about EV training them, but decided against it. Just gonna level them up normally.

I will definitely be teaching Stone Edge to Crustle, that way I can deal with flying types and it will effectively replace my Thundurus's electric typing. What other moves should I teach Crustle? Earthquake? X-Scissor?

I don't know what i'm gonna do with Crobat though. I'm definitely going to teach it Fly, but what about Acrobatics?

clemenx

Banned
Fucking hell. I just bought this on my launch break and can't concentrate on work now. I hate buying games in the middle of the day, lol.

MicH

Outrage and Flare Blitz makes Arcanine a monster! Mine wrecks everything in its path with those moves + Crunch and Extremespeed1

789shadow

Banned
Pokemon has a lot of design elements that are held back by Japanese culture. At this point I would honestly like a new developer to try their hand, to be honest.

ffdgh

So I picked up a Dwebble from the Desert Resort (Lv. 24), and a Zubat from Castelia Sewers (Lv. 14).

I thought about EV training them, but decided against it. Just gonna level them up normally.

I will definitely be teaching Stone Edge to Crustle, that way I can deal with flying types and it will effectively replace my Thundurus's electric typing. What other moves should I teach Crustle? Earthquake? X-Scissor?

I don't know what i'm gonna do with Crobat though. I'm definitely going to teach it Fly, but what about Acrobatics?

don't give crobat an item *aside from a flying gem* and acrobatics does 165 thanks to its stab :p

I thought I'd try to get the black Trainer Card again, but you need all of the medals. One of which requires you "Pass by 1,000 people using the C-Gear."

Not in this lifetime. :(

Some of these medals are a million times worse than any Xbox/PSN achievements. Mostly because I actually wanted to collect these. D:

Do they have to be UNIQUE people? Christ. Even if it was on the 3DS with streetpass this would be near impossible

And I'm so sad you can't trade the item rewards for Dex completion :( I suppose I'm not surprised, but it would have been awesome

I've had my 3DS for like 18 months and have less than 200 Streepasses.

I think GameFreak is trying to turn me into a racist. FUCK YOU JAPAN

Okay, so I am starting to think it does NOT have to be 1000 different people. I just tried with my copies of Black 1 and Black 2, and the counter for people passed went up when I turned the C-Gear on, even though I already had these two pass each other a few days ago.

That's still not much better though. 1000 passes is a lot.

HMs needed to progress? This late in the game? I'm not even angry, Gamefreak - I'm just disappointed.

Better than the "Oh, you can't go through this door yet! Come back later." x32982938298.

I'd say Game Freak has gotten lazy with their progression design, but then again they did have to retrofit a previous region to working in an entirely new way.
Both of these elements really bothered me, Kanto still craps on every other region from a massive height regarding game progression and pokemon availability.
The HM's really sting here because Black1 was so good with throwing them aside.
In all honesty I actually much preferred the main game progression of Black1 to Black2, i'll probably elaborate more on this at a later point when i've dug further into the post game which is an area where Black2 destroys Black1.

Well, looks like I won't be seeing my copy today. Time to go all Hugh?

Unleash your rage overload

Emitan

You had to use an HM once in BW just to know how they worked. This game makes you think it's like that and then around 75% of the way in HOPE YOU HAVE SURF AND STRENGTH!!

It's kind of baffling why they regressed.

You had to use an HM once in BW just to know how they worked. This game makes you think it's like that and then around 75% of the way in HOPE YOU HAVE SURF AND STRENGTH!!

While I'm not entirely bothered by Surf since it's a good move at least, whhhhhhhhy @ strength.

Roto13

I actually decided to just do a lap of the world with my main team and then do another one with a team of HM slaves.

MicH

Thunderus Therian Forme GET! Now only Landorus remains- The same Pokémon over and over in the Dream Radar is tiring. I need some new 'mons!

Mr. Sam

Outrage and Flare Blitz makes Arcanine a monster! Mine wrecks everything in its path with those moves + Crunch and Extremespeed1

How did you get ExtremeSpeed on it? Breeding? It's a move which Arcanine learns at lv. ~20 otherwise, isn't it?

Trey

The fact that there's a term such as "HM slave" is proof enough that the HM-system is terrible. Nobody wants those moves (aside from Waterfall and maybe surf), but we're forced to carry them just in case some obstruction is in the way.

Emitan

I actually decided to just do a lap of the world with my main team and then do another one with a team of HM slaves.

I'm switching between completing the post game trainer battles/getting all towns available with Fly and doing that. At least I have every HM on two slaves (3 Pokémon with HMs but my Gigalith with Strength is a great Pokémon so I use it to battle as well)

Ragus

Banned
My god, my copy of White 2 has finally been dispatched. So excited ;_;.

So, what is general consensus on the new games? As good as B/W?

Just caught a Shiny Petilil. :D

Was going through Pinwheel Forest with Cheren, and it popped up with a Vigoroth. Ended up attacking Cheren's Stoutland to avoid collateral damage, and used one of my Master Balls on it.

No shame. :D

Emitan

Just caught a Shiny Petilil. :D

Was going through Pinwheel Forest with Cheren, and it popped up with a Vigoroth. Ended up attacking Cheren's Stoutland to avoid collateral damage, and used one of my Master Balls on it.

No shame. :D

Didn't you get this game, like, yesterday?

I hope that the first thing I wake up to tomorrow is a package of my game. This break is good for something - blowing through the game while rocking out awesome audio.

MicH

Of course the traditional fisherman with 6 Magikarp is in this game as well. This time they're all lvl 58 though, lol :D

Emitan

Of course the traditional fisherman with 6 Magikarp is in this game as well. This time they're all lvl 58 though, lol :D

I love how post game has trainers with Pokémon that are 50+ and still in their first stage. It's fucking bizarre.

Mr. Sam

League Champion, 30:38. My Hall of Fame:

r0UER.png
Rn8Yy.png
He6Jz.png
LPrmJ.png
w9hAA.png
A1ggN.png

Iris beating me the first time through shook me to the point that I taught Explosion to Drifblim as a contingency plan - one which sadly went unused after everyone else decided to activate beast mode.

Good god above, I love Ferrothorn. After Lucario disposed of Hydreigon and Druddigon, it just tanked the rest of the Champion's team like it weren't no thing.

Heropon

For some reason, I always had problems against Elesa, but this time my dear Trapinch has murdered mercilessly each one of her pokémon. I'm loving "discovering" all these old pokemon. Right now, everyone in my team is "new" for me except Lucario and Dewott. The rest of my team consists of Flaaffy, Growlithe and an empty spot.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
Pokemon has a lot of design elements that are held back by Japanese culture. At this point I would honestly like a new developer to try their hand, to be honest.

They've got James Turner on board, who reportedly inspired them to take a break from Pokemon and produce that HarmoKnight game.

I wouldn't mind if they let him take over as the director one day.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
They've got James Turner on board, who reportedly inspired them to take a break from Pokemon and produce that HarmoKnight game.

I wouldn't mind if they let him take over as the director one day.

I'm just going to voice my desire for Gen VI to leave behind all previous Pokemon and start with a new 151. On another planet, or 2,000 years in the future.. or after a meteor destroys everything on the planet. Then they could go with some new designs, new types, get rid of some mistakes in balancing.

It'll never happen, but it would be amazing.

gosox333

This is one of the complaints people were talking about earlier, right?

I personally thought this one case was cute, but I agree with the sentiment. Their game design is getting stale.

Meh, we've been saying that for ten years now. I seriously doubt it's gonna change at this point.

Black 2 is really fun so far. I'm working on defeating the second gym leader.

My lineup isn't the strongest, but so far my three mains that I've been using are my Oshawott, Riolu, and Lillipup. Just caught a Growlithe that might become a mainstay as well.

Top Bottom