• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Black Version 2/White Version 2 |OT| Zero Shades of Grey

Mr. Sam

For anyone looking for
N's Pokémon
in Chargestone Cave, lead with a level 28 Pokémon and use a repel. It will filter out most of the other wild Pokémon and greatly increase your chances of finding what you are looking for.

Would the same thing work for the Desert Resort? I'm still missing
N's Sandile

Roto13

I've heard a lot of stories about exploding shiny Gravellers. I managed to catch mine, though. :p Gold Golem ftw. I also have a shiny Fearow from Black. I traded something for a shiny Thundurus but I don't know for sure if it's legit or hacked. Its IVs and other stats aren't unrealistically high. Whatever, it's permanently part of my team.

Oh, also shiny Serperior and Haxorus from Pokegaf. Those are legit for sure. :p

I also have a bunch of hacked shinies I won't bother to name because they're nothing to be proud of.

ffdgh

Woo thanks for the help.
3AQmK.gif

My shinies:

Espeon (RIP), obtained in Silver as Eevee and leveled up to 100 before my cartridge became corrupted

Bling (Azumarill), caught in Sapphire as Azurill

Kaiser (Machamp), caught in Pearl as Machop

Libra (Dustox), caught in Platinum as Wurmple

Leeron (Crobat), caught in White as Golbat

Plus every event shiny (Legendary Beasts, Pichu, etc.)

My critical capture failed on a sleeping 1 HP Zekrom. D:

But the very next normal toss worked. :/

Catching stuff with normal Pokéballs is pretty fun. I should have started doing it sooner. They're the best looking balls anyway.

EDIT: Has Kyurem's catch rate been increased? It used to be 3, but I caught it with my very first Pokéball! :D

Simple. It's a fast pokemon, and yours probably isn't.

I still find it silly, if such foolish pokemon believe their speed will stop them from being crushed under my Conkeldurr's bloodstained pillars then well it's their loss, it's also my loss of PP, grumble.

Edit: this blooming victory road,
so long and drawn out, ah what's that? the exit?! THE EXIT! oh joy, my team are nearly dead and *rival music*.....no, no, NOOOOOOOOOOOO!

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
I get 3-5 legit shiny Pokemon per game if I put in the usual hours (like 500+). But given that RNG'ing for perfect IV shinies is so easy now, their value has really gone down.

Aggrotek

Ok so
Virizion just dropped down in front of me.
If I leave will it just stay there? I want to SR for a shiny one...

Korosenai

So I apparently killed N's Boldore in chargestone cave.

Will it respawn later, or is it gone for good?

I was wondering why it sparkled when it first popped up and wasn't a shiny.

Bulbapedia says they respawn if you leave and return later. I never tried to see if it's true.

abrack08

My only shiny is a geodude from Diamond. Pretty lame. I used him for a while but I'm not a fan so he ended up in my box. I think I eventually traded it, I definitely don't have it anymore.

MicH

Champion Status GET! Aaaand Challenge Mode UNLOCKED!

Surprisingly easy. Arcanines Outrage wrecked the Champion!

I am pokemon league champion for the umpteenth time, be jealous.
Final team was...

Magnezone: This guy, what a machine, had a lull mid game when on the cusp of evolution to Magneton but once it hit the Zone the end just kept on coming for my opponents, its nickname went from Screwball to End Zone to mirror this progression.

Conkeldurr: Slayer of dragons and MVP of the final battle, slow as hell but hits like a runaway freight train, my nickname of Kongcrete is among my favourites.

Samurott: Usually I don't touch water starters outside of Empoleon but this guy surprised me, loved the physical attack approach that makes me think this should have been the part fighting starter, shame swords dance didn't turn up sooner, was named Samus thanks to this very thread, see you next mission.

Accelgor: this guy was so bad at first, dying from a cool breeze and lacking the power to back it up, but as the game progressed the moveset got better and with blinding speed it became pretty damn handy, called it scarper because it was good for running away with, no can't escape malarkey with this guy leading the pack, plus U turn for borderline scouting antics.

Magmortar: Always solid, always reliable, shame that the final evolution comes so late. Lazy nickname of Magnum, you know, the gun hand and Mag in the name.

Bouffalant: Last minute addition who didn't amount to much at all, named Frone because somehow the combination of Afro and Throne seemed workable, it really isn't.

I can't believe my final ideas for team members (Bouffalant and Golurk) where tucked so far towards the end of the main game, well actually I can for the old Afro Bull as it was dealt the same shoddy hand last time but Golurk felt like one big old troll, i've actually got a few gripes about pokemon placement in this game even with the vast dex but that can wait.

I think I might bring in a new team for post game, A SUPER TEAM, created from all my favourite pokemon, now if only I could get an Abomasnow without snow warning.

I've been lucky enough to have quite a few shinies after years of playing. Golbat, Absol (which is completely awesome, red/white is one of my favorite color combos :p), Starly, Linoone, a Pikachu and a Nidorino my friend traded me. My very first shiny was a Pidgeotto back in Gen 2 though. It whirlwinded me away and I thought nothing of it until months later when I realized what I had encountered.

Why people hate Flareon so much? I'm using it on the main story and he is doing fine, crazy attack stat he's got :)

Mostly this is because the best physical fire attack it gets is Fire Fang, which is so weak that Return does more damage against everything not weak to fire. Before the split this was even worse, as fire was a special type.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Mostly this is because the best physical fire attack it gets is Fire Fang, which is so weak that Return does more damage against everything not weak to fire. Before the split this was even worse, as fire was a special type.

He really needs Flare Blitz, like badly.

MicH

I am pokemon league champion for the umpteenth time, be jealous.
Final team was...

Magnezone: This guy, what a machine, had a lull mid game when on the cusp of evolution to Magneton but once it hit the Zone the end just kept on coming for my opponents, its nickname went from Screwball to End Zone to mirror this progression.

Conkeldurr: Slayer of dragons and MVP of the final battle, slow as hell but hits like a runaway freight train, my nickname of Kongcrete is among my favourites.

Samurott: Usually I don't touch water starters outside of Empoleon but this guy surprised me, loved the physical attack approach that makes me think this should have been the part fighting starter, shame swords dance didn't turn up sooner, was named Samus thanks to this very thread, see you next mission.

Accelgor: this guy was so bad at first, dying from a cool breeze and lacking the power to back it up, but as the game progressed the moveset got better and with blinding speed it became pretty damn handy, called it scarper because it was good for running away with, no can't escape malarkey with this guy leading the pack, plus U turn for borderline scouting antics.

Magmortar: Always solid, always reliable, shame that the final evolution comes so late. Lazy nickname of Magnum, you know, the gun hand and Mag in the name.

Bouffalant: Last minute addition who didn't amount to much at all, named Frone because somehow the combination of Afro and Throne seemed workable, it really isn't.

I can't believe my final ideas for team members (Bouffalant and Golurk) where tucked so far towards the end of the main game, well actually I can for the old Afro Bull as it was dealt the same shoddy hand last time but Golurk felt like one big old troll, i've actually got a few gripes about pokemon placement in this game even with the vast dex but that can wait.

I think I might bring in a new team for post game, A SUPER TEAM, created from all my favourite pokemon, now if only I could get an Abomasnow without snow warning.
Can't believe how closely we followed each other in our playthroughs! Fun fact: My Samurott was actually called Samu. Jeez :D

Can I just say the the Champion music is amazing? I wanted to keep that battle going forever - and the ending music is sooo good, too. I might just have to buy the soundtrack to these games!

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
He really needs Flare Blitz, like badly.

Really reminds me that I need to get Magby from my friend and level him since I've got White 2.

Also, can someone tell me around what badge can I go to the plasma frigate to find an Electrizer and Magmizer?

ffdgh

My flareon is like 60 points slower than the rest of my team.....It's so annoying but he takes down steel types like a boss.

Can't believe how closely we followed each other in our playthroughs! Fun fact: My Samurott was actually called Samu. Jeez :D

Can I just say the the Champion music is amazing? I wanted to keep that battle going forever - and the ending music is sooo good, too. I might just have to buy the soundtrack to these games!

Crazy coincidences here, and yes it was damn good music, really didn't like falling into red health for reasons other than potential failure.
Didn't like the ending music as much as last games surprisingly bombastic ending theme.
Lack of route 10 and its awesome music leaves me disappointed, the new final route theme paled in comparison.

JohnTonne

I can confirm they come back if you faint them. N's Darmanitan wrecked my crew 3 times before I finally managed to catch him without it KO'ing itself with Flare Blitz.

On the topic of shiny Pokemon I have found 2 legit wild shinys: a shiny Deerling in Japanese Black, and a shiny Foongus in English Black. I also hatched a shiny Chimchar while I was breeding for a good one to use, but it didn't inherit the nature...

I'm curious, when does the Elite Four and the Champion raise in levels? As soon as you go back to rematch them or what? I foresee my level 70+ Gengar and Ludicolo not having many issues, if they do, there is the level 84 Infernape.

ffdgh

I'm curious, when does the Elite Four and the Champion raise in levels? As soon as you go back to rematch them or what? I foresee my level 70+ Gengar and Ludicolo not having many issues, if they do, there is the level 84 Infernape.

75-80+ with the challenge key i think.

I haven't played pokemon since blue\red.... lol. Whats the difference between white and black before I buy one.. Was leaning black for the cooler looking case rofl

Even with Flare Blitz Flareon still suffers from low Speed, HP, Defense, and mediocre type coverage. Too weak to be a support, typing is weak to SR, and too slow to be a glass cannon.

Also is this the first Pokemon game that's all like "befriend your Pokemon, and help the world!" rather than "catch 'em all and beat everybody"? Wonder if the franchise is "growing up". Then again I guess B/W was really into the "what are Pokemon to us" theme too.

I have a question. If I evolve a pokemon via a stone can I later use the move tutor to learn a move it didn't learn before I evolved it or did I lose the move forever?

Activates challenge key, enters post game...
Gets whupped by Alder and then goes to the pokemon world tournament only to get knocked out by Elesa in the first round in a fight to the finish triple battle
I'm the worst champion ever, my man from Black 1 would be ashamed.

I love how this game actually has numerous triple battles, it makes my day.
But I really need a new team and fast.

Also is this the first Pokemon game that's all like "befriend your Pokemon, and help the world!" rather than "catch 'em all and beat everybody"? Wonder if the franchise is "growing up". Then again I guess B/W was really into the "what are Pokemon to us" theme too.

Gen 5 is basically further proof that Pokémon Special is closer to what the Pokémon universe was supposed to be about than the anime. Not that we needed any. Overall, greater concerns have been hinted at in earlier games, but here they are more obvious and fleshed out.

Top Bottom