• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Black Version 2/White Version 2 |OT| Zero Shades of Grey

spiritfox

Oh poor Flareon. It's like someone at game freak hates him or something. Even in Pokemon Conquest, he had the lowest overall stats of all the Eeveelutions. Which is sad, cause I like his design the best out of all the eeveelutions.

Question for Melbourne Gaffers! Has anyone here finished Pokemon Black 2 and have a Challenge Key that I could please trade for? :) The trade can only be done via Infrared and I only have one copy. :(

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Is there a way to get the Magmarizer in White 2? I want to evolve my Magmar for the Dex entry.

One of the awesomest moments I've had in Pokemon in a while is catching a shiny Groudon. It was my first time seeing him in Soul Silver, so without hesitation I threw a Master Ball at it.

Is anyone here a Melbourne (Aus) Gaffer? I'm trying to track down someone who can trade me the Challenge Mode Key. I just received my copy of the game, but of course, without someone to play with, I won't be able to get the key.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
I'll look there again, couldn't find it the first time.

Oh snap. It's Black 2 only. Serebii had it listed for both, but Bulbapedia has it as exclusive.

Not sure if any shops sell it, and Magmar line only appears in B2, so you can't find one in the wild. Might have to trade. Sorry. :/

Astral

So how long does it take to reach level 100 in this game? I got 12 Pokemon to level 100 in White and it almost drove me crazy. I cheated with the next 6.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Oh snap. It's Black 2 only. Serebii had it listed for both, but Bulbapedia has it as exclusive.

Not sure if any shops sell it, and Magmar line only appears in B2, so you can't find one in the wild. Might have to trade. Sorry. :/

Oof, I guess now is a good time to get a Serebii Forum account for the Trade forum.

I just found a fucking boss Scraggy, I.Vs HP 22, Att 22, Def 28, SpAtt 6, SpDef 30, Spd 28, Careful nature.

Team so far:
-Arcanine
-Eevee (waiting to find a goddamn water stone :/ )
-Magnamite
-Drilbur
-Scraggy
-Golbat

I'm in the Desert Resort.

Just beat the elite four and champion, clocked in a little less than 30 hours with 35 pokemon "caught" (pokedex entries, including evolutions) and 140ish~ seen. Not a bad way to spend half a week... Now onto getting me some legendaries.

zroid

Banned
Kabuto doesn't really level slow, but goddamn the Swablu (from Dream Radar) I'm using is a pain in the balls to raise at low levels. Erratic sucks for early-game!

Fewr

I lost my patience levelling munna and shuckle. I transferred them to my white cart, gained some xp with lucky egg then traded them back to w2.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
I lost my patience levelling munna and shuckle. I transferred them to my white cart, gained some xp with lucky egg then traded them back to w2.

Just evolve Munna as soon as you get Psybeam. Anything else you need to teach it can be done via TM. Shuckle is almost useless in-game, or otherwise. Musharna can actually be really good to have around though.

Busaiku

Woo, everything through Chargestone Cave!
Getting Jellicent was really annoying, but still didn't take anywhere near as much time as the Route 5 Pokemon.

What's an interesting psychic type?

Why, Brycen-Man of course
tumblr_m6ia7vUlG31rozq7uo1_1280.png

Fewr

Just evolve Munna as soon as you get Psybeam. Anything else you need to teach it can be done via TM. Shuckle is almost useless in-game, or otherwise. Musharna can actually be really good to have around though.
Thanks for the advice, and yes I have noticed all I can do with shuckle is the atk/def switch trick then rollout.

For munna I've got yawn then future attack then nightmare then psybeam, no one has resisted all 4 attacks in that order, the problem is keeping the enemy asleep and not having munna die before enemy falls asleep.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
Thanks for the advice, and yes I have noticed all I can do with shuckle is the atk/def switch trick then rollout.

For munna I've got yawn then future attack then nightmare then psybeam, no one has resisted all 4 attacks in that order, the problem is keeping the enemy asleep and not having munna die before enemy falls asleep.

Once you use a Moon Stone on Munna, it'll become a lot more useful. Its Special Attack nearly doubles and it gains a ton of bulk. It learns a lot of good TMs you'll come across as you play, but Psybeam should hold you over for a while. You should get Moon Stones from Dream Radar too.. otherwise you can find them laying around, or via Pickup Pokemon.

Gen V has a ton of perfectly serviceable if a bit boring Psychic types.

Musharna and Reuniclus are both so cute. Swoobat and Beheeyem are okay. But damn, Gothitelle is ugly and not very unique.. until it gets Shadow Tag.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
The motto's not 'gotta catch them all' anymore because it's freaking impossible on this.

I want a Ho-Oh, but I'll never get him unless I go buy Dream Radar, a copy of Heart Gold AND find someone to transfer him to my White 2 cart. I want Watermelon wings!

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
The motto's not 'gotta catch them all' anymore because it's freaking impossible on this.

I want a Ho-Oh, but I'll never get him unless I go buy Dream Radar, a copy of Heart Gold AND find someone to transfer him to my White 2 cart. I want Watermelon wings!

You can just ask someone to trade you one. A lot of people clone their Pokemon, or just have garbage extra legendaries to trade. It's been that way since the beginning; Limited the Pokemon you can obtain on one cart to force player interaction.

zroid

Banned
I can't wait to finally get a Dialga from Dream Radar >_>

Just need to borrow my friend's copy of Diamond for a bit.

A Giratina would be nice too but I don't know anyone with Platinum.

Korosenai

I felt cheap using Genesect and Thundurus, so I'm switching them out.

Dwebble will for now replace Genesect, but now I need a good flying replacement.

Any suggestions?

I'm currently thinking about using one of these three pokemon: zubat (for crobat), woobat (for swoobat), and swablu/altaria (though I already have a dragon type in deino).

Roto13

Once you use a Moon Stone on Munna, it'll become a lot more useful. Its Special Attack nearly doubles and it gains a ton of bulk. It learns a lot of good TMs you'll come across as you play, but Psybeam should hold you over for a while. You should get Moon Stones from Dream Radar too.. otherwise you can find them laying around, or via Pickup Pokemon.

Musharna and Reuniclus are both so cute. Swoobat and Beheeyem are okay. But damn, Gothitelle is ugly and not very unique.. until it gets Shadow Tag.

Gothetelle is unique in that her cry sounds like something to stab someone to death to.

Ask me nicely and I can give you one. Tomorrow.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
I felt cheap using Genesect and Thundurus, so I'm switching them out.

Dwebble will for now replace Genesect, but now I need a good flying replacement.

Any suggestions?

I'm currently thinking about using three pokemon: zubat (for crobat), woobat (for swoobat), and swablu/altaria (though I already have a dragon type in deino).

Crobat is probably the easiest because he levels quickly, he's super fast, and loves Acrobatics. Swoobat is cool and has a good movepool, but it's frail and weak. If you have Simple Swoobat, it can be fun to setup though. Altaria takes a while to level up and doesn't get great STAB moves right away.

I'd also suggest looking at Sigilyph. Tinted Lens (non-effective moves to 2x damage) variety from Dream Radar means it's pretty powerful with just Air Slash and Psychic. He's a single evolution Pokemon too, so he'll be pretty strong right when you grab him.

Drifblim is available in-game too and has a good movepool. Gligar is also available and is a pretty solid Pokemon with good all around stats and it learns the value False Swipe.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I can never use zubat and ratata because I feel like I'm encouraging them jumping me every five seconds in caves in generation 1.

Korosenai

Crobat is probably the easiest because he levels quickly, he's super fast, and loves Acrobatics. Swoobat is cool and has a good movepool, but it's frail and weak. If you have Simple Swoobat, it can be fun to setup though. Altaria takes a while to level up and doesn't get great STAB moves right away.

I'd also suggest looking at Sigilyph. Tinted Lens (non-effective moves to 2x damage) variety from Dream Radar means it's pretty powerful with just Air Slash and Psychic. He's a single evolution Pokemon too, so he'll be pretty strong right when you grab him.

Drifblim is available in-game too and has a good movepool. Gligar is also available and is a pretty solid Pokemon with good all around stats and it learns the value False Swipe.
Ill probably go with Crobat. I looked at swoobats stats and it does look pretty weak.

Sigilyph looks interesting, and I already have a couple from the dream radar, but ill pass on it.

And I was thinking about drifblim, but I already have a ghost pokemon (gengar).

Top Bottom