• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Black Version 2/White Version 2 |OT| Zero Shades of Grey

Ezalc

That comic just shows why Tauros is a boss. I'm still mad Afro bull isn't it's evo, that makes no sense man. I think Tauros should have an evo.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Lol, 25 levels higher than every single Plasma member I'm facing...

UNLIMITED COSMIC POWER!

Screen%2Bshot%2B2010-12-11%2Bat%2B3.58.58%2BPM.png

ffdgh

That comic just shows why Tauros is a boss. I'm still mad Afro bull isn't it's evo, that makes no sense man. I think Tauros should have an evo.

What's more annoying is that they renamed Afro break to head charge. That name is hilarious while head charge is so...boring.

well since pokemon global link is down, this would be the perfect time to rng all these legendary pokemon.

Ezalc

What's more annoying is that they renamed Afro break to head charge. That name is hilarious while head charge is so...boring.

well since pokemon global link is down, this would be the perfect time to rng all these legendary pokemon.

Afro break is the best move name I've ever seen. I never knew about this.

I told myself that I was going to use a team with Pokemon I've never used before. Been going okay so far.

I was very lucky to get a Druddigon from my first Dream World trip early on because I'd never use it otherwise. Thought I would need to get a Water type to Surf around, but Druddigon can apparently learn it.

Not having a Psychic or Water powerhouse is somewhat inconvenient, but a little more challenge doesn't hurt. I have a feeling the Elite 4 is going to be a pain with this team though.

Exploring around Undella Town now.

ffdgh

I told myself that I was going to use a team with Pokemon I've never used before. Been going okay so far.

I was very lucky to get a Druddigon from my first Dream World trip early on because I'd never use it otherwise. Thought I would need to get a Water type to Surf around, but Druddigon can apparently learn it.

Not having a Psychic or Water powerhouse is somewhat inconvenient, but a little more challenge doesn't hurt. I have a feeling the Elite 4 is going to be a pain with this team though.

Exploring around Undella Town now.

you'd be surprised....your team is actually great against the e4.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16

I still have no idea how to rng. doesn't it essentially involve manipulating the DS clock over and over and over again?

Musharna and Reuniclus are both so cute. Swoobat and Beheeyem are okay. But damn, Gothitelle is ugly and not very unique.. until it gets Shadow Tag.
Well we have a difference of opinion, can't stand Musharna, it's like the contents of an aborted Drowzee egg.
Wibble wobble totem dress (errr Gothitelle) is great, I like how they steered it away from the more human shape form it was heading towards.
But yeah opinions.

I still can't think of a new team, choice paralysis ruining everything!

JordanKZ

I have a bit of dilemma... I really want an Espeon but I need to keep leveling and make my Eevee happy. She's level 26 (2 levels higher than my other pokemon) and yet she's completely useless in battle. Her attacks do barely any damage and she faints super easily meaning I'm spending a lot on items or going backwards and forwards to the Pokémon Centre.

Would it be easier for me to keep this up or just trade my Eevee online for an Espeon?

vall03

Im suddenly losing interest in playing the game, just thinking of trading hundreds of pokemon from my White to White 2 is going to be a pain. Kinda wish I didn't transfer everything from my Gen IV games to White right away... :(

Fewr

I have a bit of dilemma... I really want an Espeon but I need to keep leveling and make my Eevee happy. She's level 26 (2 levels higher than my other pokemon) and yet she's completely useless in battle. Her attacks do barely any damage and she faints super easily meaning I'm spending a lot on items or going backwards and forwards to the Pokémon Centre.

Would it be easier for me to keep this up or just trade my Eevee online for an Espeon?
What I did with Riolu is put it in the last slot and take it with me everywhere, after a few hours and a few gym badges I made it level up to see if it was ready and it worked. I think you can get a soothe bell early in the game, and there are massages in castelia city that you could get for your eeveee. There are also special shops in the join avenue.

SoulUnison

Banned
Probably because it also sounded a bit like Engrish.

Tons of stuff in this game sounds like engrish. What happened? Pokemon scripts used to be simplistic, but charming. Now it's like everything was translated way too literally. People speak repetitively, they don't use contractions in places that make sentences awkward. etc..

It's kinda taking me out of the game sometimes.

I believe I found a glitch where you can endlessly battle a trainer and get a good amount of EXP points and money (if holding amulet coin), great for leveling up at this point in the game. Or maybe it's supposed to allow me to infinitely battle this trainer? Does anyone know? He is north of Mistralton City, Route 7, PKMN Breeder Marcus, has a Ducklett Lv. 34 and Tranquill Lv. 34. I can go up one level in less than 5 minutes. Having been beating him up over and over again leveling up my Pokemon. Anyone have any idea what I'm talking about?

My whole party has the dot that means they've been cured of the Pokérus, but I never saw when they were infected. So that means the first time I ever got the Pokérus on my own, I didn't even get to enjoy the feeling. So sad. ;~;

I believe I found a glitch where you can endlessly battle a trainer and get a good amount of EXP points and money (if holding amulet coin), great for leveling up at this point in the game. Or maybe it's supposed to allow me to infinitely battle this trainer? Does anyone know? He is north of Mistralton City, Route 7, PKMN Breeder Marcus, has a Ducklett Lv. 34 and Tranquill Lv. 34. I can go up one level in less than 5 minutes. Having been beating him up over and over again leveling up my Pokemon. Anyone have any idea what I'm talking about?

All of the Breeder-class trainers will rematch you in this game.

JordanKZ

What I did with Riolu is put it in the last slot and take it with me everywhere, after a few hours and a few gym badges I made it level up to see if it was ready and it worked. I think you can get a soothe bell early in the game, and there are massages in castelia city that you could get for your eeveee. There are also special shops in the join avenue.

You can get the Soothe Bell in Castelia. Makes it much easier!

Thanks for the tip. I'll follow up on those tonight.

Arren

I have a small technical question for you guys. What data is exactly erased when the game asks you to update your Wi-Fi user info, after trying to connect with a different console than the one you previously used online?

I understand it will alter the friend code, but I'm concerned about whether it will also erase any record about past trades, GTS and Geonet especially.

Thanks in advance!

648 Pokémon traded/captured, plus all 28 forms of Unown, 3 forms of Wormadam, 2 forms of Shellos/Gastrodon, 2 forms of Basculin, 4 forms of Deerling/Sawsbuck, and one fusion form of Kyurem (the game won't let you keep both fusions at the same time). Add to that an extra two dozen level 100 Pokémon, and a small collection of shiny Pokémon.

I still need the Kami Trio's Therian Formes, and I need to trade for another Keldeo so I can keep one in its ordinary forme.

Gotta catch 'em all!

Badass

Please let me know if the item you get for completing the dex can be traded, because if so my White 2 playthrough is going to bring the goods

The three rewards (the Permit, the Oval Charm, and the Shiny Charm) are all Key Items and cannot be traded.

Raxious

My team so far:

Servine - lvl 21
Magby - lvl 17
Tranquill - lvl 21
Lucario - lvl 21
Magnemite - lvl 10

Got my second badge now, and did the Pokestar Sudios thingy.

Is there a way to get the Magmarizer in White 2? I want to evolve my Magmar for the Dex entry.

I don't know if the Heylink missions are different based on which version you play, but in Black 2 I must have collected like 5 of those by doing those missions where you pick up items.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
HMs needed to progress? This late in the game? I'm not even angry, Gamefreak - I'm just disappointed.

Better than the "Oh, you can't go through this door yet! Come back later." x32982938298.

I'd say Game Freak has gotten lazy with their progression design, but then again they did have to retrofit a previous region to working in an entirely new way.

I thought I'd try to get the black Trainer Card again, but you need all of the medals. One of which requires you "Pass by 1,000 people using the C-Gear."

Not in this lifetime. :(

Some of these medals are a million times worse than any Xbox/PSN achievements. Mostly because I actually wanted to collect these. D:

Roto13

Tons of stuff in this game sounds like engrish. What happened? Pokemon scripts used to be simplistic, but charming. Now it's like everything was translated way too literally. People speak repetitively, they don't use contractions in places that make sentences awkward. etc..

It's kinda taking me out of the game sometimes.

NPCs in this game like to talk about two things. Ideals, and sweat

I have a small technical question for you guys. What data is exactly erased when the game asks you to update your Wi-Fi user info, after trying to connect with a different console than the one you previously used online?

I understand it will alter the friend code, but I'm concerned about whether it will also erase any record about past trades, GTS and Geonet especially.

Thanks in advance!

In Black 1, it changes your friend code and deletes your friend list, but keeps everything else. I assume it's the same way in Black/White 2..

I thought I'd try to get the black Trainer Card again, but you need all of the medals. One of which requires you "Pass by 1,000 people using the C-Gear."

Not in this lifetime. :(

Some of these medals are a million times worse than any Xbox/PSN achievements. Mostly because I actually wanted to collect these. D:
Do they have to be UNIQUE people? Christ. Even if it was on the 3DS with streetpass this would be near impossible

And I'm so sad you can't trade the item rewards for Dex completion :( I suppose I'm not surprised, but it would have been awesome

Emitan

Do they have to be UNIQUE people? Christ. Even if it was on the 3DS with streetpass this would be near impossible

And I'm so sad you can't trade the item rewards for Dex completion :( I suppose I'm not surprised, but it would have been awesome

I've had my 3DS for like 18 months and have less than 200 Streepasses.

I think GameFreak is trying to turn me into a racist. FUCK YOU JAPAN

Mr. Sam

We all need a little strength to keep pressing on through those annoying final trainers.

Indeed. I had to put a level 22 Drilbur into my carefully selected superteam and keep running back to the Pokecenter to swap him for an actually useful pokemon. Oh so very tedious.

Better than the "Oh, you can't go through this door yet! Come back later." x32982938298.

We're dancing!

Just lost to the champion. I feel silly. I realise my mistake now. Next time. Next time.

ffdgh

This perfect(?) terrakion is driving me insane. It wont say in the darn dusk/timer balls.
LLShC.gif

edit: FINALLY and he has the wrong freaking stats.......

Mr. Sam

Actually, I do have a question: where can one find the highest level Audinos? I feel the need to murder some innocent pokemon.

To get the last trainer card, you must (1.) Defeat the Elite Four, (2.) Complete National Dex, (3.) Complete all PokéStar Studio Movies, (4.) Defeat the Champions within the Pokémon World Tournament, and (5.) Collect all the medals.

I've got 1 and 2, easy. 3 and 4 are next on my agenda.

5 just won't happen.

http://www.serebii.net/black2white2/medals.shtml

"Spend 10,000,000P in the PokéMart"

I probably only ever made about 9 million after 230 hours playing Black 1. I guess I could grind for it...

"Pass by 1,000 people using the C-Gear"

Nope.

"Catch 100 Pokémon within the Entralink"

Maybe? I never play the Dream World stuff anymore...

"Participate in 2000 battles"

I have 1273 after 230 hours in Black 1.

"Reach a streak of 100 in the Battle Subway"

My best streak was 72. I guess I could do it eventually?

"Play 100 mini-games on the Xtransceiver"

WITH WHO?

These are just a few of the worst. So many are nothing but time sinks.

Trey

To get the last trainer card, you must (1.) Defeat the Elite Four, (2.) Complete National Dex, (3.) Complete all PokéStar Studio Movies, (4.) Defeat the Champions within the Pokémon World Tournament, and (5.) Collect all the medals.

I've got 1 and 2, easy. 3 and 4 are next on my agenda.

5 just won't happen.

http://www.serebii.net/black2white2/medals.shtml

"Spend 10,000,000P in the PokéMart"

I probably only ever made about 9 million after 230 hours playing Black 1. I guess I could grind for it...

"Pass by 1,000 people using the C-Gear"

Nope.

"Catch 100 Pokémon within the Entralink"

Maybe? I never play the Dream World stuff anymore...

"Participate in 2000 battles"

I have 1273 after 230 hours in Black 1.

"Reach a streak of 100 in the Battle Subway"

My best streak was 72. I guess I could do it eventually?

"Play 100 mini-games on the Xtransceiver"

WITH WHO?

These are just a few of the worst. So many are nothing but time sinks.

Timesinks are terrible. But for the Pokemart one, couldn't you just buy shit from the Pokemart and then sell it back over and over? Find the item with the smallest buy:sell ratio and go to town.

Gravijah

I found an ace trainer in the game who says he learned how to battle on the PC. After you beat him he mentions something about finding your own knowledge.

pretty sure that's the one that has an Electabuzz that only uses Light Screen.

I've had my 3DS for like 18 months and have less than 200 Streepasses.

I think GameFreak is trying to turn me into a racist. FUCK YOU JAPAN

200 is a lot, though. that's one every few days.

Top Bottom