• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Black Version 2/White Version 2 |OT| Zero Shades of Grey

ffdgh

Bout to go on a long goodnight from GAF. Hope to talk Pokemon again soon.

Debate thread......
You will be missed....unless he somehow forgets.

Use floatzel :p. He may be a glass....uhh pistol but he packs a punch when used correctly and dat speed.

Red

This is one of the complaints people were talking about earlier, right?

I personally thought this one case was cute, but I agree with the sentiment. Their game design is getting stale.

I like that. Poking fun at their own artificial boundaries.

I haven't played the game since Sunday, got kinda bored with it. But today I got the LE guide, so I'm gonna try to head back into it. I think I'm around the 4th gym at the moment, but I'm trying to grind my team to at least level 30. Too bad Gothitelle is basically useless.

ffdgh

Thanks for watering my gardens ;(

Oh you're welcome......wait who are you?
Wait never mind I think I know who. You're the only one I could find tonight to actually water.

....annd just realized you probably wanted to water them with the opposite games. Derp sorry won't happen again.

HELLO EVERYONE

I made a bet with someone that I wouldn't get Pokemon BW2 until I finished the academic year and some of my backlog.

I plan on breaking this bet.

So, which version should I get? I probably prefer the White 2 exclusive Pokemon but what is this challenge/ assist key business?

How does one obtain the challenge key in White 2 (because it's exclusive or some klaptrap like that?) and is said method easy?

Alternatively, have I missed the train where everyone is still angry about this?

ffdgh

Marlon's annoying. I can't tell if they're trying to make him sound like a surfer dude, or a black guy.

It goes well with his very bad tan.

Ok to complete the regional dex, do I have to catch them all or can I just see them to get the round charm?

ffdgh

:O
If your pokemon become a star in pokestar studios, they get a star animation for battles.

Now to figure out how ot get 5 more.

vall03

I have a question about the 'See all of Unova Pokemons', how do I see Keldeo and Meloetta? they're the only ones I need or they dont matter at all to get the Permit from Professor Juniper? Im not from the US so no Keldeo for me, want to get to Nature Preserve... :(

vall03

whew, thanks! it just sucks having no access to these event Pokemons. Oh well, I'll think about that later, just need to fill up the Pokedex until 647 and transfer stuff from my Black & White.

ffdgh

I have a question about the 'See all of Unova Pokemons', how do I see Keldeo and Meloetta? they're the only ones I need or they dont matter at all to get the Permit from Professor Juniper? Im not from the US so no Keldeo for me, want to get to Nature Preserve... :(

Event legendaries don't count so you're good.

Red

It's done like that to keep the game simple and accessible to children (and anyone else who just wants to collect monsters and go on a journey). Out of sight, out of mind.

For people who are interested in IVs and EVs, the game gives you some indicators and tools (characteristics + NPCs which tell you a pokemon's potential and its best stats, for one), and you can do the number crunching yourself, or with tools the community makes.
I don't think it would hurt to make things more obvious and direct, especially post-game.

v855n.jpg

D-Pad

Oh you're welcome......wait who are you?
Wait never mind I think I know who. You're the only one I could find tonight to actually water.

....annd just realized you probably wanted to water them with the opposite games. Derp sorry won't happen again.

No, what, why? What would happen then?

Articalys

Well, that was probably the easiest legendary capture ever.

Thunder Wave on Reshiram to paralyze, two Rock Gems to lower health, two Signal Beams to get it in the red zone without killing it, and the first Ultra Ball I throw captures it. I mean, I know its catch rate is higher than most legendaries, but still...

Wow, you get it just by seeing the Pokemon in the Unova dex? I'm so close then!

Well, you are flown to where one is and get to catch it.

I got a Jolly one with Mold Breaker on my second try (and in a Premier Ball!), so that's good enough for me.

I'm so tired of having to force fly into my team, dammit Game Freak, take up on the suggestion of key items that do HM stuff! I don't care if it's a teleport device, a hot air balloon tucked in the backpack or a robotic Fearow, just stop making me feel the need to have one fly user in my team during the game because going back and forth to the PC is annoying.

Banjoman

does anybody know why the activity log says that I played with my white 2 about 30 hours while the game itself says that I played more than 40 hours?
the gap is pretty big.

Jesse-

I'm so tired of having to force fly into my team, dammit Game Freak, take up on the suggestion of key items that do HM stuff! I don't care if it's a teleport device, a hot air balloon tucked in the backpack or a robotic Fearow, just stop making me feel the need to have one fly user in my team during the game because going back and forth to the PC is annoying.

It would be kinda weird to have items for those things in a world where Pokémon are used as tools.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Note about Pokedex Completion Rewards, you don't need the events to get them. You can still get the Oval Charm without getting Victini, Keldeo, Meloetta, and Genesect. Same with the Shiny Charm and Mew, Celebi, Jirachi, Deoxys, Phione/Manapahy (that's an event right?), Darkrai, Shaymin, and Arceus.

Neo Child

Banned

thing I want so bad. just remove getting given HMs cause you don't really haVe to find em anymore.
surfboard for surfing, power knuckles for strength and rock smash, scythe for cutting trees, snorkels for diving and personal helicopter for flying (since the player usually acquires a hotel, mansion or something, )should get that at the end of the game as exploration is fun.

Heropon

They could "invent" a device to summon temporarily a HM slave when you need to use an HM move.

I think the option to change items between pokemon in the current team should be praised more. I love it so much!

Top Bottom