• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Black Version 2/White Version 2 |OT| Zero Shades of Grey

Stunfisk's one of the pokémon I like simply because of how weird it is, alongisde Shuckle and Dunsparce.

My pokémon also caught the pokérus a few days ago while I was replaying HeartGold while waiting for Black 2, but I already had it in other games, so it wasn't that useful. I think the chances to find an infected pokémon is as low as finding a shiny, so I would've liked it better if it had been a shiny instead (I think it was something unremarkable like a Tentacool, but I'd have liked it anyway).

I guess I'll play through Black 2 using a monotype team right from the start, rather than on a later playthrough like I usually do. So far I've tried Normal, Steel (Platinum) and Flying (my current HG run), so I guess I'll try either Ghost, Poison or Dark next.

I went mono-Dark for most of White. My party was Scrafty, Krookodile, Bisharp, Zoroark, Hydreigon, and Mandibuzz (traded in). I also trained a Beheeyem and an Archeops who replaced Zoroark and Mandibuzz once I obtained them.

Firestorm

Jeez. I felt like I'd tried that (and everything else). But I guess now I'll know for next time.
What's fun is having this happen in WiFi battles and your opponent just sitting there for 3 minutes because they can't figure it out.

And it's all Game Freak's fault for such a terrible interface =/

What's fun is having this happen in WiFi battles and your opponent just sitting there for 3 minutes because they can't figure it out.

And it's all Game Freak's fault for such a terrible interface =/
Hmm, well I guess it's partly because they stuck with the two column, three row config even in triple battles.

It would probably be better in those situations to switch to a three column, two row config:

[ ]____[ ]____[ ]
Switch with who?
[ ]____[ ]____[ ]

And say, have a drag/drop sort of thing as an option?

I'm talking about the area name things! They're amazing!
Yeah, I like those transitions a lot. Very distinct from the usual "box at top of screen".

Another thing you may like is that you can switch hold items among your party without going into your bag (use the "Move" option when selecting a poke).

Frost_Ace

Yeah, I like those transitions a lot. Very distinct from the usual "box at top of screen".

Another thing you may like is that you can switch hold items among your party without going into your bag (use the "Move" option when selecting a poke).
This is the best thing with amulet coin.

upandaway

Okay the lens flare is literally the best thing. It's got this subtle thing going on too, it's not in your face.
The movable hold items are an amazing idea.

By the way it's getting a bit creepy how I just CAN'T come across a trash can that isn't empty. Either every non-trainer adult works as a cleaner, or every city's nooks and crannies are infested with Muks and Garbodors.

ffdgh

use the itemfinder near a trash can to save the trouble.

Also Imma try something different and use a modest floatzel with choice specs thanks to the addition of hydro pump in bw2

I CAN PRESS UP FROM "RUN"
THE GRASS INSIDE A BATTLE FLUTTERS
RIOLU IN SECOND ROUTE
I CAN PRESS UP FROM "RUN"
AND THIS NEXT-GEN INSANITY:
13arw.jpg

pictured above: is this really a ds game holy shit

(Sorry, I got a little excited)

Ground textures? Crazy.

ffdgh

Inside a battle

Wait wait wait I haven't gone to the PC yet what are you talking about

Now I'm afraid to go check what's different about the move function

with teh move button selected, pressing the yellow square in the top right corner allows you to move a group of pokemon instead of one at a time.

Really enjoying this game.

Around 15 hours in and just on Route 4. Glad they got Castelia City out of the way relatively early this time around. It's quite a boring location in my opinion and quite relieved to be "back on the road" so to speak.

Current team is:

Spr_5b_240.png
Magby Level 24
Spr_5b_448.png
Lucario Level 23
Spr_5b_502.png
Dewott Level 21
Spr_5b2_025_f_s.png
Pikachu Level 21
Spr_5b2_641T.png
Tornadus Level 18

Is that a SHINY female Pikachu? I hate you. :(

Aggrotek

I really need the 3rd gen legends for my dex. Does anyone have Latias, Latios, Groudon, Kyogre, Registeel and Regice to trade and trade back with me.

I don't wanna keep them, just need their entries...

Wichu

I really need the 3rd gen legends for my dex. Does anyone have Latias, Latios, Groudon, Kyogre, Registeel and Regice to trade and trade back with me.

I don't wanna keep them, just need their entries...

Aren't
Latias/Latios
catchable?

Torraz

Anyone have that image with the version differences (zones, pokemon etc)? Using google i can only find the white/black 1 picture.

A friend got black 2, so I'm not sure whether to get white 2 (to go with dat white 3ds xl), or to get black too...

upandaway

So yeah I just spent something like an hour nicknaming my Growlithe.

The RPG part of Pokemon is just a bonus, the real game is the nickname screen.

40 hours into the game and I finally realize I can set multiple items to Y. No more going to the bag each time the Itemfinder closes! Also, do those hidden items searchable by the Itemfinder respawn over time?

Aggrotek

well, Lati@s is postgame, so you'd have to defeat the E4 R2. and only if you defeated it, if you caught it, no it won't re-appear.

R2? Round 2? I haven't fought the E4 since the first time. So if I faint it, go fight E4 and come back, it'll be there?

backlot

Inside a battle

AuDPL.png

Once you're on the "run" button here, see, there's NO GOING BACK. You're stuck there forever.

Wait wait wait I haven't gone to the PC yet what are you talking about

Now I'm afraid to go check what's different about the move function

Couldn't you hit left or right and then up?

ffdgh

actually you can buy 48 max repels in bulk for 25200 from the mart in join avenue....that is if its leveled up for you XD.

Couldn't you hit left or right and then up?

I imagine there are some people that press up and then quickly press the A button thinking they're selecting Fight, but instead select Run instead. Might be annoying if they're trying to catch a rare Pokémon, so it's good you can press up from Run.

Though saying that I'm a touch interface guy so I don't have that problem (unless I hit the wrong thing, which I've done before by healing a fully HP'd Pokémon mid battle.....).

clemenx

Banned
upandaway's posts make me so fuzzy inside. Someone gets the sheer happiness that Pokémon provides.

Super Repel ftw

upandaway

Aww man! <3

I'll admit that perhaps (<- emphasis) with the newfound technological immortalization of the effect, there may be a slightly less need for the superior choice. That's the furthest I'm willing to compromise.

Top Bottom