• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Black Version 2/White Version 2 |OT| Zero Shades of Grey

This probably would have helped more if pointed out sooner, but whatever.

For wild Eevees in Castelia City:

In the normal grass they are all level 18.
In the dark grass they are all level 19.

In both cases, they are the highest level Pokémon there. So by leading your party with a Pokémon at that level and using a Repel, you are guaranteed to find an Eevee.

I remember some people were having trouble finding them, so maybe this will help.

backlot

I wouldn't advise starting to RNG with BW2: it's much harder than in BW1 and you can only do stationary pokemon and wondercards :/

It's still way easier than trying to RNG any game from previous generations. RNGing those Dream Radar legends seems like a massive chore though. I heard you get only one shot.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
I wouldn't advise starting to RNG with BW2: it's much harder than in BW1 and you can only do stationary pokemon and wondercards :/

That is literally the answer I get every gen. I ask how to rng, and people say "Don't!!111 It's too hard!!1111"

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
Meh, I don't care about shinies. Learning how to breed perfect IVs in select stats is the farthest I'll go, lol.

Same. With IVs I just brute force hatch a bunch of eggs for the pokemon I'm training though. eventually you get good enough pokemon that, with a little luck, you can hatch eggs with perfect IVs in 4 or 5 stats.

Can't do that for legendaries, though, which is why I ask how to RNG.

Meh, I don't care about shinies. Learning how to breed perfect IVs in select stats is the farthest I'll go, lol.
Shinies are even more worthless now that everybody parades them around. Before knowledge of RNG abuse, Masuda method, chaining, Shiny Charm, etc., they actually had a novelty factor.

Plasmid

I feel like in all the pokemon games they don't give enough shits about you becoming the champion. Kinda annoying.

Also what's there to do Post Elite 4?

TheLight

Yeah I kinda agree. Since the champion is kind if famous I expected NPCs to kinda fangasm, but they are still just like "hey what's up random dude in my house"

Wow, all my hidden grottos were filled today. Must have been all that grinding in Black Tower.

Ran from male Bibarel, Swablu, Watchog, Pelipper, Corsola. Caught a female Murkrow. 6 Pokemon in 20 grotto locations - not bad. Wish I got more than 1 female though. :[

RagnarokX

Yeah I kinda agree. Since the champion is kind if famous I expected NPCs to kinda fangasm, but they are still just like "hey what's up random dude in my house"

It's cuz this keeps happening:

vSdiK.png

Finalow

yay I got my team in B&W 2 from B&W, I just need to get online with this net and I can play some matches. if someone is up. (no need for that trade anymore Frost, thx anyway)

Chopper

Dammit. Became obsessed with holding back my team from evolving without realizing that Budew doesn't receive any good moves. Gonna have to start again.

Red

This probably would have helped more if pointed out sooner, but whatever.

For wild Eevees in Castelia City:

In the normal grass they are all level 18.
In the dark grass they are all level 19.

In both cases, they are the highest level Pokémon there. So by leading your party with a Pokémon at that level and using a Repel, you are guaranteed to find an Eevee.

I remember some people were having trouble finding them, so maybe this will help.

Thanks, I have one but this will make it easier getting more.

I don't get it. The game never got stuck on "run". Did he just never try pressing anything but up and jump to the conclusion that it was stuck?

I didn't know what he was talking about either, but then I tried Heart Gold again and got into a wild battle I wanted to run from, and I put the selecty box on the Run option, and I pushed 'up' and nothing happened.

ffdgh

Ooo the nurse in the sports dome has a chancy now. Earned 100k exp after beating her with my level 1 buizel holding an lucky egg and having that level 3 exp pass power in effect XD.

Jumped to lvl 46

Red

Yeah it's a bit overwhelming at first. Just take it slowly.

and theres a 1 million medal? I should be half way there by now.us

Step 1. Download PokeRNGDemiourgos
Step 2. Sync DS timer with program on PC
Step 3. Begin game
Step 4a. Assemble an altar to the All-Seer and sacrifice your first born
Step 4b. If no first born is available, pray to the Elder Gods and offer one quart blood of a virgin​
Step 5. Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn

Step 1. Download PokeRNGDemiourgos
Step 2. Sync DS timer with program on PC
Step 3. Begin game
Step 4a. Assemble an altar to the All-Seer and sacrifice your first born
Step 4b. If no first born is available, pray to the Elder Gods and offer one quart blood of a virgin​
Step 5. Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn
This made me laugh too hard.

For fucks sake Curtis, only call me when you can actually talk.

Red

I beat every gym with Lucario. Like gyms 3-8 all OHKOs. Uninteresting but effective.

Just evolved my shitty Krokorok into a really shitty Krookodile, so there's that.

Plasmid

Okay so i just caught
Kyurem, Reshiram, latias
etc. What else is there to do? PWT? More legendaries? I need more hours in this game! :D

Hey guys, I'm playing through Black 2 right now.

I'm trying to go up against the 7th gym leader, the dragon guy. Are there any good ice type pokemon I might have access to? And any good places to train said pokemon up?

And can you go fishing in this game? I have yet to find a fishing rod.

Top Bottom