• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Black Version 2/White Version 2 |OT| Zero Shades of Grey

Wichu

Back in D/P, I'd do that when duplicating stuff with the GTS but I think they fixed it from Platinum onwards.

On that note, are there duplication glitches in Gen 5? Something that doesn't mess with the legality of the Pokemon, of course.

Only way I know is to use one of the GTS spoofer sites that offers storage for your Pokémon. You can upload a Pokémon, then send it back to your game a couple of times.

Not really a glitch, but it does the same thing (and it's much easier than the D/P glitch).

ffdgh

You know, that's probably it. Does it not really go into sleep mode when your C-Gear is on? That's different from 3DS functions like streetpass and the like where it actually is in sleep mode and can receive data?

I'm not sure if it'll fix the issue but the cgear does kill the battery faster and yeah you can't use streetpass features while playing DS games.

I'm not sure if it'll fix the issue but the cgear does kill the battery faster and yeah you can't use streetpass features while playing DS games.

Well, I mean, with streetpass, the 3DS is actually asleep. With White 2 it's still counting the sleep time in the play log, so its as if its not asleep at all.

Only way I know is to use one of the GTS spoofer sites that offers storage for your Pokémon. You can upload a Pokémon, then send it back to your game a couple of times.

Not really a glitch, but it does the same thing (and it's much easier than the D/P glitch).
Do you know if it is safe/reliable? As in, will the duplicated Pokemon fail a hack check and will the site scam/steal your Pokemon? >_>

I mostly want to dupe stuff like RNG'd legendaries so I can use multiple sets more conveniently - i.e. not changing moves and EVs each time.

*goes into Chargestone Cave without repels*
iM1NLzoOAH80i.gif

Red

magnezone absolutely destroyed Skyla, they should have given her a gliscor or something.

I don't think I've ever had trouble with a gym leader except maybe Brock when I picked Charmander as my starter way back when. Skyla and all the rest pretty much get OHKO sweeped by one or two of my best Pokemon.

I don't know if challenge mode is different, but keeping one or two fast sweepers with wide coverage basically lets you dominate every Pokemon game so far. Unless you are a beginner, I find it hard to believe that any gym leader would create much difficulty outside of intentionally crippling yourself (not using any previously fainted Pokemon, running from/avoiding all wild battles and avoidable trainers, using a specific team of weak or unevolved Pokemon, etc).

I just got to Opelucid, but am going to catch a few missing Pokemon before I take on the gym leader. So far I've missed the Dunsparce, the -sage trio, Seviper, Zangoose, Durant, and Onix. I catch those and I will have all the Pokemon I've encountered in-game so far, at least for the season (but none of them seem to be showing up...). Pokedex sitting at 201 right now.

Just tried the Dream World stuff for the first time. What a borefest. Picked up a Lightningrod Goldeen but I can't see myself putting much time into it if I can just find people to trade me a female with the hidden ability.

And the only legends with worthwhile hidden abilities require Dream World Radar? FFS Gamefreak...

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
Just tried the Dream World stuff for the first time. What a borefest. Picked up a Lightningrod Goldeen but I can't see myself putting much time into it if I can just find people to trade me a female with the hidden ability.

And the only legends with worthwhile hidden abilities require Dream World Radar? FFS Gamefreak...

Someone could trade you Landorus-T to unlock the item you need to witch the trios forms, thus avoiding wasting money on DR.

Articalys

What level are you on? I think I've done the first 4 levels without problems yet.
Well, it's not difficult, just extremely time-consuming having to hunt down the gate trainer on each level and then dodge everyone on the way to the boss. And I haven't even gotten to the multi-floor mazes yet.

clemenx

Banned
Wow, Bianca just crushed me as I was arriving to Nuvema Town. Shouldn't have turned on Challenge Key when I barely survived the League, lol.

I need my Pokemon from the previous version >_>

Boogiepop

Decided to start filling in my dex by evolving pokemon. The White Treehollow is proving rather nice, in that it's a decent place to get some exp into those pokemon while making progress towards finishing the thing.

Oh, and is it possible to get both the
shiny pokemon
rewards for the Treehollow/Tower if you switch the facilities and beat them both? I'll never be able to get the keys to do it anyway, but I was curious.

Someone could trade you Landorus-T to unlock the item you need to witch the trios forms, thus avoiding wasting money on DR.
Well, I think I'll have to trade for the trio anyway since I don't have the original B/W. Or maybe they'll have some sort of event for them down the road. I was more peeved at not getting Regenerator Ho-oh and to a lesser extent, Multiscale Lugia.

Wow, Bianca just crushed me as I was arriving to Nuvema Town. Shouldn't have turned on Challenge Key when I barely survived the League, lol.
Challenge key is a bit crazy. Regular trainers popping up with level 60-70 Pokemon on every other route. 0_0

MikeMyers

I just found my first wild shiny pokemon since the original Pokemon Silver....and the pokemon...Stunfisk

http://i.imgur.com/nD5yW.jpg[img][/QUOTE]

Awesome dude!

I remember when I first played GSC, I manage to capture my favourite Pokemon in Shiny form without cheating. :D

vall03

that reminds me, how many pokemon does the male breeder have? I know one of them has sturdy.

the male breeder also has six pokemons. His Bonsly doesnt have sturdy on mine, dont know if its the same with everyone else since many people are saying it has sturdy.

Wichu

Do you know if it is safe/reliable? As in, will the duplicated Pokemon fail a hack check and will the site scam/steal your Pokemon? >_>

I mostly want to dupe stuff like RNG'd legendaries so I can use multiple sets more conveniently - i.e. not changing moves and EVs each time.

It's safe. I haven't used them myself, but I know a lot of people do. They store the Pokémon data exactly, so any clones made of legitimate Pokémon will be equally legitimate (on a purely technical level, but obviously not on a 'moral' one).

And now I've got an image in my head of Team Rocket running dodgy GTS websites to steal Pokémon from unsuspecting trainers :p

ffdgh

You can farm rare candies? How that?

Breeders can be rebattled when you enter an area again and I guess gamefreak forgot to remove that part of the programming for the ones in the stadiums.....orrr its a little gift to the fans XD.

upandaway

So, I'm playing. And I see this tunnel thing in the first town, right? The thing that leads to the first route. So I check it out. I've inputted a transcript of the first two steps below.

"Nice lady! Okay, so this is Route 19.. looks pretty norMAOHMYGODWHATJUSTHAPPEN DO THAT AGAIN"
<here I go in and out again>
<here I smile>
<here I go in and out again ~10 more times>
<here I smile a lot>

This game... is the best game.

Oh man, what a stupid bug:

I had three knocked out and three healthy. I got challenged to a double fight by those two guys just east of Nimbassa. Both of the Pokemon I had in the fight got knocked out in the same turn, leaving only one to replace them with. Evidently when this happens, you get stuck in a loop where you can't do anything but hard reset. :mad:

stn

So, question. If I get this game and the 3DS, can I transfer my Pokemon from Pokemon Platinum on my regular DS? I basically want all my Pokemon from Platinum into Black 2.

Mastamind

I had three knocked out and three healthy. I got challenged to a double fight by those two guys just east of Nimbassa. Both of the Pokemon I had in the fight got knocked out in the same turn, leaving only one to replace them with. Evidently when this happens, you get stuck in a loop where you can't do anything but hard reset. :mad:

1) Choose the first pokemon you want to send out to battle.
2) Now you will note the menu will say "which pokemon do you want to switch with". Go up and choose one of the two pokemon who just fainted. The Pokemon you are going to put in, will be in that place now (either on the right or left).
3) it will switch those pokemon (this will look just like when you switch pokemon in the middle of battle, or when you are changing your line up in the menu)
4) Now choose the second pokemon you want to send out to battle.
5) the battle will resume.

stolen from the first result on google

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
So, question. If I get this game and the 3DS, can I transfer my Pokemon from Pokemon Platinum on my regular DS? I basically want all my Pokemon from Platinum into Black 2.

Yes, any two DS systems will do, including a 3DS.

Yeah, definitely not a bug, it's just stupid the way they handle it (see post about mine and Andrex's). I was stuck on it for half an hour before figuring out what to do when I first ran into it. A shame they didn't polish this up for BW2.

upandaway

I CAN PRESS UP FROM "RUN"
THE GRASS INSIDE A BATTLE FLUTTERS
RIOLU IN SECOND ROUTE
AND THIS NEXT-GEN INSANITY:
13arw.jpg

pictured above: is this really a ds game holy shit

(Sorry, I got a little excited)

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
THE GRASS INSIDE A BATTLE FLUTTERS
RIOLU IN SECOND ROUTE
AND THIS NEXT-GEN INSANITY:
13arw.jpg

pictured above: is this really a ds game holy shit

(Sorry, I got a little excited)

Auto-prompt for more repels when it runs out. Best feature.

Damn, I can't decide on my permanent team. I'm just past the third badge, and lately, I've mostly been all Snivy/Lucario/Crobat/Sigilglyph/Venipede/Magnemite.

This is the first time I've put much thought into a long term team, though. In previous games, I just stick with whatever I like and throw potions and revives at any problems I come across. Maybe try to quickly level up whatever will be strong in the next gym.

What's the most common logic on a good combo of types? Fire/Water/Grass/Dark/Psychic/Fight? Something like that? Or try to fit every type in counting secondary types?

Frost_Ace

So, I'm playing. And I see this tunnel thing in the first town, right? The thing that leads to the first route. So I check it out. I've inputted a transcript of the first two steps below.

"Nice lady! Okay, so this is Route 19.. looks pretty norMAOHMYGODWHATJUSTHAPPEN DO THAT AGAIN"
<here I go in and out again>
<here I smile>
<here I go in and out again ~10 more times>
<here I smile a lot>

This game... is the best game.

lens flare? :p

Damn, I can't decide on my permanent team. I'm just past the third badge, and lately, I've mostly been all Snivy/Lucario/Crobat/Sigilglyph/Venipede/Magnemite.

This is the first time I've put much thought into a long term team, though. In previous games, I just stick with whatever I like and throw potions and revives at any problems I come across. Maybe try to quickly level up whatever will be strong in the next gym.

What's the most common logic on a good combo of types? Fire/Water/Grass/Dark/Psychic/Fight? Something like that? Or try to fit every type in counting secondary types?

Dump that bum Lucario and pick up the real champion Fighting-type: Scrafty.

JulianImp

I just found my first wild shiny pokemon since the original Pokemon Silver....and the pokemon...Stunfisk
LLShC.gif

nD5yW.jpg

Stunfisk's one of the pokémon I like simply because of how weird it is, alongisde Shuckle and Dunsparce.

My pokémon also caught the pokérus a few days ago while I was replaying HeartGold while waiting for Black 2, but I already had it in other games, so it wasn't that useful. I think the chances to find an infected pokémon is as low as finding a shiny, so I would've liked it better if it had been a shiny instead (I think it was something unremarkable like a Tentacool, but I'd have liked it anyway).

I guess I'll play through Black 2 using a monotype team right from the start, rather than on a later playthrough like I usually do. So far I've tried Normal, Steel (Platinum) and Flying (my current HG run), so I guess I'll try either Ghost, Poison or Dark next.

upandaway

Types don't really matter, just make sure you've got at least one of ice and dark/ghost attacks somewhere. The rest will balance itself naturally just by being diverse.

If you really want to think about it, the easiest way to build a balanced team would be to use your starter (<- GameFreak being genius here), get a Pokemon that gives it good backup (being weak to your starter is a good sign), get a Pokemon which gives that Pokemon good backup, etc.

Top Bottom