• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Black Version 2/White Version 2 |OT| Zero Shades of Grey

If you have a 3DS XL, hold Start and Select when booting the game. Unlike the OG 3DS, the screen size is perfect when run at DS resolutions.

i know... but just had to be sure.

I mean, it's not like pokemon was much of a looker in the first place.

i would play this on my ds lite... but i'm addictive to the activity book on my 3ds :X

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
If I just casually played through White would this be worth picking up? I didn't even finish the post Elite Four quest of
finding all those dudes

Does anyone know of any pre-order incentives in the UK?

OMG Aero

If I just casually played through White would this be worth picking up? I didn't even finish the post Elite Four quest of
finding all those dudes

Does anyone know of any pre-order incentives in the UK?
Game and Gamestation are offering a carry case (they say it's for DSi and 3DS so it will probably be too small for 3DS XL) and I think that's the only bonus there is for this game.

Mr. Sam

Carry case? Nah, I'm alright.

Does anybody know how early on you have to do the Unova Link, or if it will work between a DS Lite and a 3DS? I do have a phat DS I could dig out, but it's falling apart.

Carry case? Nah, I'm alright.

Does anybody know how early on you have to do the Unova Link, or if it will work between a DS Lite and a 3DS? I do have a phat DS I could dig out, but it's falling apart.

You can do it before you even start the game, and you can do it between any two handhelds that can play DS games.

Qurupeke

Can someone add this
nft12.png
to my avatar? My skills are <9000.

Oh and the preorder bonuses for me are pretty good. DS carry case, a keyring, a case for the games and some stickers.

Cheska

Is it possible to beat Black before this releases?

I SHALL DO IT.

If you do nothing but play the game it's very possible. I mean the main part only takes about 30 hours or so, especially if you have previous experience with the franchise. If you're a newcomer who has never picked up a Pokemon game before than it may be more difficult since you'll be dealing with trying to figure out weakness/moves/etc.

upandaway

And it's probably a bit pointless at this point, too. I find that 3DS's screen to be a bit better when it comes to pixel density. Maybe I'm too used to high-PPI displays, but I prefer the look of 1:1, even on a 3DS.
I don't have nearly enough money for a 3DS XL right now. Don't think I will until Pokemon's announced for it (and no huge rush to buy one until then anyway). Compared to that I have a pretty exciting DS backlog, so man, I don't know what the hell. Guess I'll figure it out by saturday.

Does anybody know what this is referring to in the ONM review?

"Quite aside from that, there's much more to see and do once the credits have finished rolling, making Black and White's endgame seem flimsy by comparison. It would be remiss of us to spoil any of it, of course, but let's just say there are a few crowd-pleasing touches and a final surprise with which completists will be utterly delighted."

I figured it was talking about the World Championship at first but they go on to mention that aspect later on in the review

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Does anybody know what this is referring to in the ONM review?

"Quite aside from that, there's much more to see and do once the credits have finished rolling, making Black and White's endgame seem flimsy by comparison. It would be remiss of us to spoil any of it, of course, but let's just say there are a few crowd-pleasing touches and a final surprise with which completists will be utterly delighted."

I figured it was talking about the World Championship at first but they go on to mention that aspect later on in the review
Completing the pokedex gives you an item that makes hatching Shiny pokemon quite a bit more likely.

Red

Completing the pokedex gives you an item that makes hatching Shiny pokemon quite a bit more likely.
I wonder how long it would take to fill out the Pokedex 100%. Both sexes and all shinies I mean. Is it even possible to do so in all regions? Has anywhere outside Japan received all event Pokemon from past games?

Man God

Non-Canon Member
how much more likely?
three times more likely for wild pokemon and normal egg hatching, six times more likely when combined with the Masuda Method, which brings it alll the way down to 1/1024!

Completing the Unova dex does make the daycare man spit out eggs TWICE as fast.

Kokonoe

Banned
Even if it was
confirmed you'd get it, all that effort for that would be not worth it(if you're doing it specifically for that) because you can just find someone to trade specifically for what you want way faster.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I wonder how long it would take to fill out the Pokedex 100%. Both sexes and all shinies I mean. Is it even possible to do so in all regions? Has anywhere outside Japan received all event Pokemon from past games?

Well there isn't enough room in a single game to do both sexes and shinies. One of my friends was working on that with RNG abuse until he did the box room math.

I will say this in non spoiler terms: You probably won't see much benefit in completing the national dex reward though it is nice if you were going to do so anyways.

The Unova dex which can be completed quite easily (they made it a ton bigger in B2/W2 though) has a reward that everyone should get.

Damn. I just need a Tornadus (and by extension a Landorus) to complete my 'dex in W1. I read that you can catch them in the Dream Radar app thing so I'll have it by then.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
three times more likely for wild pokemon and normal egg hatching, six times more likely when combined with the Masuda Method, which brings it alll the way down to 1/1024!

Completing the Unova dex does make the daycare man spit out eggs TWICE as fast.

:O

I absolutely LOVE all these hardcore tweaks. Masuda, shine on you crazy diamond.

Azure J

Someone hook my avatar up with a Blue 2 please. Black & White are the most fun I've had with Pokemon in a loooong time and although they got put on the backburner for a bit, I'm all in for round 2.

Man God

Non-Canon Member

This is what you get for your no spoilers nonsense in the community thread, most of us have known about this for months.

Everstone passes nature 100% of the time now. In non diito breed if the female is put in the first slot her ability is passed 80 percent of the time, if she is in the second her second ability will be passed 80% of the time.

Top Bottom