• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Black Version 2/White Version 2 |OT| Zero Shades of Grey

Higher leveled pokemon with more competitive moves. And I think they get extra Full Restores too.

It means all the Gym Leaders and Elite 4 will use teams of 6, at higher levels, and with Items being held. It also employs a similar AI to that of the Battle Subway. You look the Gym Leaders up on Bulbapedia and compare Normal vs Challenge mode teams.

And if you want a real challenge in Challenge Mode turn Battle Mode to Set, so you can't receive a free switch after a KO.

Better AI, better moves, held items that work with said pokemon and moves.

I see... but wait... what do you do in pokemon if you are stuck against a boss?

You usually have a limited amount of trainers around and tm options.

You just grind on wild pokemons?

Velcro Fly

Or you can catch and raise something else that may have an attack or resistance to the type you are facing. It isn't like a traditional RPG where you are sometimes stuck with your team. Can always catch something new. Or even trade if you are capable.

I just realized these were coming out so soon and I knew nothing about them. I've played at least one game from each Gen but for some reason totally ignored news about B/W 2 thus far.

This Challenge/Assist mode actually sounds awesome. I'm still not sure of how it works completely but I plan to beat White and get Assist mode to unlock it for my little sister on her own Black cart when she gets it for her birthday. It'll be her first Pokemon game but she has been watching a bit of the current show so it'll be cool to see what she thinks of it.

Zeroth

Yep, grinding on wild pokemons has been pretty much the way to go since... quite some time. There are also more incentives to do so (audino, grass with higher leveled wild pokemons) than in past gens.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.

Grind.. or in some cases, move on to another Gym. Not all Gyms are always in a forced order. You might experiment with different TMs, and moves.. or even change Pokemon to better benefit you in battle for that Gym.

If you're just under leveled, well.. battle more. But the game usually does a pretty decent job of pacing levels and gyms.

Boney

Banned
it's insane how GF has now mastered the art of making people buy the same game 4 times instead of the usual 3.

Sounds like you can just battle random people online to make it better. I'll do that I suppose.
Connecting with other players only gets you (randomized) shops. After you obtain the shops, you have to play a minigame to level them up so you can access the better items. Each shop's selection varies depending on the version of the game the player you connected with had. Also you can only buy one of each item daily.

Get bent, Game Freak.

Emitan

That's true. Everything should be online so I can swap bases with GAF. BECAUSE I LIVE IN AMERICA WHERE I CAN'T STREETPASS

I wish people would stop mentioning this idea, so I feel less pissed when they dont use it in favor of like streetpass -something far less awesome- ;~;
Streetpass shouldn't be used for anything awesome, since it's pretty useless if you live outside of urban areas in Japan.

Emitan

Streetpass shouldn't be used for anything awesome, since it's pretty useless if you live outside of urban areas in Japan.

Streetpass should be used to get people who can't go online things like Mystery Gift items. Not "here's a great new feature that only Japanese people can use!"

EvilMario

Will QA for food.

Over 1,200 Streetpasses in Toronto. I haven't travelled, or attended any trade shows with the 3DS either. I can't even keep up with the amount of challenges I have for NSMB2, and the butt loads of Kid Icarus weapons I get. Awwww yeah.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
That's nice. I get 0 BECAUSE I DON'T LIVE IN A CITY

iba9n1EOeDSFCs.png

At least it proves Streetpassing can work outside Tokyo and Osaka. Just another unfortunate side effect of living in bumfuck no where though. Trust me, I grew up in bumfuck no where I know that feel.

Soul Beat

I live in a pretty good size city and I don't get that many streetpasses.

The majority of my streetpasses came from the Zelda concert in Dallas earlier this year. So if we'd get some sort of awesome streetpass implementation for either Gen VI or Hoenn remake I'll be sad. :(

Also, could I get a blue 2 on my avatar please? :p

Superior country indeed. I have like 800 streetpasses.
I don't live in Japan and I can get from 2 to 4 streetpasses daily.

Yo
Over 1,200 Streetpasses in Toronto. I haven't travelled, or attended any trade shows with the 3DS either. I can't even keep up with the amount of challenges I have for NSMB2, and the butt loads of Kid Icarus weapons I get. Awwww yeah.
Privileged jerks. >:|

I live in butt fuck no where and for a good time could get the same 2-4 people, but now i dont go to the same places i used to on campus and at the same times i used to so i get no streetpasses, i'm sure in actual urban areas, anywhere not just japan, the feature can be awesome.

Top Bottom