• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Black Version 2/White Version 2 |OT| Zero Shades of Grey

Anyone want to share their potential teams?

At the very least I think i'm sticking with the new pokemon from Black and White once again, none of my favourites from the older games made the Unova dex anyway it seems.
I'm throwing around a bunch of ideas in my head for a final team, a few being...

- Conkeldurr
- Darmanitan with Zen Mode: hopefully you can get one like this before the post game this time but i'm not holding my breath
- Accelgor: I used Escavalier in the previous game so I might take the alternative counterpart for a spin this time around.
- Bouffalant: I never use normal types, might be time to change that, though I wouldn't be surprised if this guy turns up real late again.
- Virizion: Of course this would mean I have two fighting types but oh well.
- A pokemon that can use fly: because this happens in every game, i'm eyeing up Golurk, Mandibuzz or Swoobat. Alas none of these will come close to the acrobatic killing machine that was Archeops.

Oshawott as the starter who will likely get benched at some point.

Only ones I know I will use aside from whatever started is Lucario and Redonkulous. Alright so I forget how to spell the second one's name, but that's close enough. You know who I mean. Probably Arcanine as well.

Neo Child

Banned
Only ones I know I will use aside from whatever started is Lucario and Redonkulous. Alright so I forget how to spell the second one's name, but that's close enough. You know who I mean. Probably Arcanine as well.

Do you mean Conkeldurr? Redonkulous omg that's such a better name

And yeah you catch riolu before first gym!

Kokonoe

Banned
They need to make it where you can catch Rayquaza and Mewtwo near the beginning in a game already.

Oh haha you could have just said squishy jelly embryo thing

u1o6C.gif

Acrylic7

Im not like my water type situation.
I wish that I could at least get a Staryu, Seel, or Poliwag early on.

I'm glad I can get Grimmer and Growlith near the start though.

so should I get Elekid or Magnetite?

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
I'm going with Samurott, Aggron, Toxicroak, Drapion, Arcanine and something else. Someone give me an idea a 6th Pokémon!

Four Pokemon with a Ground weakness; Better find something Flying / Levitating.. which is nice.. because you need something with Fly anyway.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
I'm conflcted. I want a fighting type on my team, but can't decide between riolu or scraggy. Moxie is so damn enticing.

I'm conflcted. I want a fighting type on my team, but can't decide between riolu or scraggy. Moxie is so damn enticing.

Scraggy. Scrafty sweeps 3/4 members of the Elite Four, as well as 3 Gym Leaders if you give him the right moveset.

Plus he's the undisputed best Pokémon of all time, so there's that.

Neo Child

Banned
gt review is bogus, also it do spoil who the champion is...

7/10 fuck that how can you score it less than the original or others? it's basically the same game

EvilMario

Will QA for food.

Heracross is available pretty early on too. A shame Sawk / Throh so so late to the party in BW2.

If you're stuck with Lucario and Scrafty, Lucario fits my playthrough style. It's stronger and faster. If I can OHKO something by moving first, it saves me a lot of time instead of having to go second every turn. But I love Scrafty as a Pokemon much more. :p

Neo Child

Banned
I always thought pinsir evolved into heracross, would make sense for cool gen1 designs to turn into pussy ass looking gen2 mons.

heracross should get a steel evolution similar to scizor, get some rad armour and stuff

Kokonoe

Banned

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
I always thought pinsir evolved into heracross, would make sense for cool gen1 designs to turn into pussy ass looking gen2 mons.

heracross should get a steel evolution similar to scizor, get some rad armour and stuff

Way too many Bug / Steel already.

Pinsir must be some sort of joke to Game Freak. Even when it looked like he could have something unique from Heracross, they end up with the same Dream World ability. If anyone needs an evolution it's Pinsir. Pure Bug is fine, just give it slightly better stats and movepool. Over if they want to go crazy, make it a Dark / Bug.

I can't believe we don't have a Dark / Bug yet.

That is awesome.

Indeed. Heracross being available in the mid-20s means he'll instantly be one of the most powerful Pokemon on any team with those base stats when most Pokemon are only in their first, or second evolution. Only in Black 2 however. OH WELL

brinstar

Definitely using Samurott and Magmortar but I can't decide on the others. Flygon will probably be my flyer. There's so many cool guys in this game that it's insane to pick just six 8(

Emitan

By SRPG standards or yours?

It seems too simplistic and easy. Unlike normal Pokemon games there isn't the surface level simplicity with depth behind it. It's just shallow. I only played for 3 hours though.

The Dream World is literally made for children. If you can't figure it out by yourself, read the tips on the website or if all else fails read Bulbapedia or Serebii or something then you are dumber than a child.
I'm stupid.

Basically you played easy flash minigames, and you could encounter certain pokemon with different abilities than normal. You could also harvest berries and collect items which you could also transfer to your game. I gave it a go for a few times. It was okay, I suppose.
Thank you.

Kokonoe

Banned
Indeed. Heracross being available in the mid-20s means he'll instantly be one of the most powerful Pokemon on any team with those base stats when most Pokemon are only in their first, or second evolution. Only in Black 2 however. OH WELL

It looks like I actually did pick the best version this time.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
It seems too simplistic and easy. Unlike normal Pokemon games there isn't the surface level simplicity with depth behind it. It's just shallow.

It's reeeaaally too simplistic for an SRPG, or Pokemon. I played it for over 20 hours because there is some fun to be had.. the mind numbing kind. But if it were anything else except for Pokemon in it, I wouldn't have put in more than a couple of hours.

I´m not hyped with this game but still will get it...

Let´s see if I get the ev training and the other meta stuff playing in hard mode...

Kokonoe

Banned

Let´s see if I get the ev training and the other meta stuff playing in hard mode...

Well, at the end of the day, Pokemon is still Pokemon. It's the reason I'll be buying this, and most likely the next few games in the series. Hmm, I might need help.

Neo Child

Banned
so theoretically can someone give me the hard key when I start the game and I can play it from start to finish on hard? why isn't there just a mode to select this, so assbackwards

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
It looks like I actually did pick the best version this time.

For those that want to know the exclusives.

Black 2

Beedrill, Magortar, Heracross, Sudowoodo, Plusle, Volbeat, Grumpig, Registeel, Latios, Lopunny, Skuntank, Whimsicott, Gothitelle, Mandibuzz, Zekrom.

White 2

Butterfree, Mr. Mime, Electrivire, Pinsir, Delcatty, Minun, Illumise, Camerupt, Regice, Latias, Purugly, Lilligant, Reuniclus, Braviary, Reshiram.

Tenck

Black 2

Beedrill, Magortar, Heracross, Sudowoodo, Plusle, Volbeat, Grumpig, Registeel, Latios, Lopunny, Skuntank, Whimsicott, Gothitelle, Mandibuzz, Zekrom.

White 2

Butterfree, Mr. Mime, Electrivire, Pinsir, Delcatty, Minun, Illumise, Camerupt, Regice, Latias, Purugly, Lilligant, Reuniclus, Braviary, Reshiram.

Those are some awful White 2 exclusives. Not that Black 2 ones are something to go crazy for either.

I don't know yet what my entire team will consist of, since I'm going in mostly blind, but I do know i'm getting Tepig and Riolu. I'll pick the rest of my team as I go along.

Anybody else just not bother with EV training, natures and all the meta stuff? Or is it just me? Heck, I don't even choose teams ahead of time. I just capture as I go, choose from what I've got and what seems good, and go from there.

Cheska

Wait so the hard and easy mode keys are exclusive to the versions as well? Nooooo why? ;_; I had started to learn towards Black 2 but then I saw that Reuniclus is still exclusive to White :(

Anybody else just not bother with EV training, natures and all the meta stuff? Or is it just me? Heck, I don't even choose teams ahead of time. I just capture as I go, choose from what I've got and what seems good, and go from there.

I'm not into EV training but I do care about natures and most of the time I know what team I'm going to use in the game.

Black 2

White 2

Black once again the superior version.

Or should I say... the serperior version.

Top Bottom