• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Black Version 2/White Version 2 |OT| Zero Shades of Grey

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
It wasn't that bad. Still, I find MD series better.

Am I the only one that finds the Ranger series interesting? I've only played all the games a combined ten hours, or so.. but they seemed really entertaining and different.

Also, PokePark games are not actually as terrible as you might think and they look pretty nice.

Ranger's good in theory, and the graphics are pretty great, but the actual gameplay bores me, I'm afraid.

Everyone knows the best spinoff was Pokemon Channel, anyway.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
Scraggy. Scrafty sweeps 3/4 members of the Elite Four, as well as 3 Gym Leaders if you give him the right moveset.

Plus he's the undisputed best Pokémon of all time, so there's that.

yeah, hes my strongest member on black, and one of the broest pokemon ever

I've used Scrafty too much. I'll get burnout if I use him again.

luckily i dont have that issue. then again, i used to be in the riolu breeding game so it takes a lot for me to get bored of one

Well if we look at stats, Riolu is a bit worse. Scraggy has Moxie too, so you know *hint hint*

moxie is one of the reasons im conflicted

Use Mienshao.

heh heh heh. nope.

Heracross is available pretty early on too. A shame Sawk / Throh so so late to the party in BW2.

If you're stuck with Lucario and Scrafty, Lucario fits my playthrough style. It's stronger and faster. If I can OHKO something by moving first, it saves me a lot of time instead of having to go second every turn. But I love Scrafty as a Pokemon much more. :p

that what i did in diamond. he was my speed demon, and his moveset was so versatile.

Avatar set and hype fully going, I was lucky and got a Amazon gift-card gifted so White 2 is a definite day 1 purchase for me now! :D All that's left now is finishing White 1 which I should manage in time given that I have to wait for the EU release and, avoiding spoilers.

And I think I will chose Snivy again as my starter because the later forms of the other two are a bit... strange for me :/ Well that or I try to not evolve my starter for once.

Firestorm

Anybody else just not bother with EV training, natures and all the meta stuff? Or is it just me? Heck, I don't even choose teams ahead of time. I just capture as I go, choose from what I've got and what seems good, and go from there.
In game? Me neither. I got through Pearl with a Modest Staraptor like a man. In competitions though yes, I don't want to get my ass kicked.

upandaway

i would use snivy if his evolutionary line wasnt so crap looking.

some fan art came out of the evo's when snivy was first shown of fake evolutions and thought they were much better looking than the real snivy that just gets longer basically

http://scratch.mit.edu/static/projects/UnleashTheBeast864/1610985_med.png[IMG]

also this looks kinda cool,[IMG]http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m72zwcUXlz1qac0i0o1_500.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]
Then GameFreak would be sued for fraud because snivy's line isn't nearly strong enough to justify these designs.

backlot

I found an Action Replay code to unlock challenge mode in the Japanese versions of the games. I hope it works in the US versions too!

That has to be the worst misspelling of Pokemon Snap I have ever seen.
BG7bc.gif

Neo Child

Banned
That has to be the worst misspelling of Pokemon Snap I have ever seen.

Too true, I really liked Pokemon Rumble in 4 player, was good fun :D

Hey you Pikachu was frustrating cause we had to import from america so didnt recognise our english voices but so much fun. it once glitched out where pikachu turned its face round 180 degrees all slow and it was a glitchy black eyes and huge mouth with a high pitched screech, we turned the console off immediately holy fuck it was scary

Vaati

Banned
I think Serperior looks better than any of those fanmade images.

They just went wrong when creating its move pool and stat spread.

Kinvara

Really? I always thought the starting our painfully slow, but once the ball starting rolling, I loved em.

The gameplay just gets old for me after awhile. It's the storyline that really keeps me interested.

Despite my criticisms though, I am looking forward to the 3DS installment.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Did they bring back the VS. Seeker or rematch capabilities of some sort? Or do I have to use the Nimbasa Stadiums to grind?

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
You can say this for every single game ever made so this isn't really a point for Pokemon Rumble.

not true. playing mainline pokemon games is not a blast while drunk especially if you save after doing something stupid.

beje

Banned
I think very few games can surpass Rythm Tengoku Wii when it comes to gathering a bunch of drunks around the multiplayer minigames. Ware Ware Wii also comes very very close.

I think very few games can surpass Rythm Tengoku Wii when it comes to gathering a bunch of drunks around the multiplayer minigames. Ware Ware Wii also comes very very close.

I dunno, I wouldn't want my drunk friends messing up my perfect Flow in RHF, and if we started a new file than only I would be able to make progress.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
Rumble was fun. Rumble Blast was a disaster because it was $39.99 MSRP and you needed multiple copies of it for co-op.

Riposte

I found an Action Replay code to unlock challenge mode in the Japanese versions of the games. I hope it works in the US versions too!

I don't think it is ban-worthy to share, lol.

Also you guys are jerks for ignoring my pleas for help.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
Am I the only one that finds the Ranger series interesting? I've only played all the games a combined ten hours, or so.. but they seemed really entertaining and different.

Also, PokePark games are not actually as terrible as you might think and they look pretty nice.

Shadows of Almia has the best writing of any Pokemon game.

Made me laugh constantly, along with a good story.

i would use snivy if his evolutionary line wasnt so crap looking.

That is exactly my problem with all these guys. Can't make myself like their final evolutions. It's a shame really cause I like the way they all start out. Haven't decided who I'm gonna opt for starter-wise yet

Watch Da Birdie

Oh yeah, I hope Black 2 and White 2's localization is improved.

Black and White SUCKED. Everyone talked basically the same, super formal and with no life.

Watch Da Birdie

No, I mean that was the problem...the localization was TOO stiff, like they just directly translated Japanese to English without sprucing it up.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
That is exactly my problem with all these guys. Can't make myself like their final evolutions. It's a shame really cause I like the way they all start out. Haven't decided who I'm gonna opt for starter-wise yet

Emboar and Samurott both look better when animated in my opinion. But if you just hate them all, pick Samurott because it's a good HM slave.

Top Bottom