• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Black Version 2/White Version 2 |OT| Zero Shades of Grey

No, I mean that was the problem...the localization was TOO stiff, like they just directly translated Japanese to English without sprucing it up.

Well, we can't have Something Awful translating every game...

I actually quite liked BW's localizations, especially the names. It seems as though they actually took fan feedback into consideration while naming the Gen V 'mons.

Well, we can't have Something Awful translating every game...

I actually quite liked BW's localizations, especially the names. It seems as though they actually took fan feedback into consideration while naming the Gen V 'mons.

Persona 4 localization team should do EVERY game ever. Period.

Shadows of Almia has the best writing of any Pokemon game.

Made me laugh constantly, along with a good story.

Shadows of Almia is most likely my favorite story out of a Pokemon game.

Wow! Some other people played Shadows of Almia! The mechanic was a bit weird, and the companion pokemon powers were almost all unneeded, but yeah it was a cute story.

Wha? No one liked Mystery Dungeon?

Love this series. Yes it's a bit easy, and a harder difficulty would have been nice, but it had a good amount of content and a fun story to zip through.

OMG Aero

Nope Parallax is right, also you can't play every game ever made on a big screen....well not without difficult methods with some games.
Okay then, you can say that for virtually every local multiplayer console game ever made.
My point still stands, Pokemon Rumble is not a good game and nowhere near the best Pokemon spinoff.

I have a DS, I haven't played a pokemon game in years (I think the last one I played was Gold), I really, really liked those old games though, just stopped playing them for some reason. Should I pick these games up, or is there actually some continuity that makes playing B/W 1 worth it?

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
I have a DS, I haven't played a pokemon game in years (I think the last one I played was Gold), I really, really liked those old games though, just stopped playing them for some reason. Should I pick these games up, or is there actually some continuity that makes playing B/W 1 worth it?

There is a continuous story between the games, but you're not going to ruin BW2 by not playing the first. Both are really great games, being much faster than any previous generation in battles, and menus, with a ton of content.

Omg thanks I forgot I downloaded him totally using that pegasus :)

I'm glad he's such a low level. I might just toss in random one of my 10 Victini too.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
Okay then, you can say that for virtually every local multiplayer console game ever made.
My point still stands, Pokemon Rumble is not a good game and nowhere near the best Pokemon spinoff.

Noone ever claimed the latter

EvilMario

Will QA for food.

I could see someone enjoying it more than any of the other spinoffs, given that it's a party game when played correctly.

Opinions, mang. They're tough to accept.

I don't even know what I'm gonna use for a team this time. I try not to use the same Pokémon each time but I don't really care for Tepig

I generally outline what Pokemon I'm going to use beforehand, but I usually end up experimenting here and there. BW had me constantly switching out Pokemon and trying new teams every other hour. ._.

You get it as a gift I believe. But in Black it was a post game or end game gift wasn't it? Someone elsewhere mentioned you get it earlier in this game?

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
You get it as a gift I believe. But in Black it was a post game or end game gift wasn't it? Someone elsewhere mentioned you get it earlier in this game?

Zorua wasn't post-game, it was an event Pokemon that required the Gamestop Celebi. If you had it, you could transfer it over with the Relocator and take Celebi to a building in Castelia City. You could do this the first time you arrive in Castielia.

Thankfully, BW2 resolves this and Zorua is no longer an event.

That's even worse than post game! Explains why I didn't do it, considering I did continue playing for a while afterwards. Great that we can get one earlier now though.

zroid

Banned
I have a question that might be stupid but what are rock attacks considered? Special or physical? What about Ground?

Haven't played Pokemon in a while? Attacks are individually designated special or physical now (since Gen IV, I believe). It's no longer by type.

Haven't played Pokemon in a while? Attacks are individually designated special or physical since Gen IV, I believe. It's no longer by type.
I have I'm just not hardcorez so I never really paid attention to it. I always just assumed elemental attacks = special. I just didn't know where rock/ground/flying stood, seemingly elemental but...seemed different to me.

Sounds complicated.

zroid

Banned
nah, pretty simple :)

It's actually one of my favourite changes to the core mechanics. I actively dislike playing the older games now. Remake everything, Game Freak!

backlot

I have I'm just not hardcorez so I never really paid attention to it. I always just assumed elemental attacks = special. I just didn't know where rock/ground/flying stood, seemingly elemental but...seemed different to me.

Sounds complicated.

If you look at the attacks in game they all have a symbol to designate it as special or physical. There are physical and special moves for each type in the game.

I'm 100% for average/mediocre reviews. Anything if it will help spark a bigger change/jump in the series.

I mean I know the game will be fun anyway like always but they could do a lot better.

If you look at the attacks in game they all have a symbol to designate it as special or physical. There are physical and special moves for each type in the game.
totally didn't know that, the fuck have I been up to. This is why I'll never be competitive.

zroid

Banned
Well I know the IGN reviewer is a big Poké-fan. It's possible she accounted for a lot of the "hardcore" additions to these games that a more casual player might ignore. I might be completely off base though, haven't actually bothered to read any of the review texts, including IGN's. >.>

Score and everything like that aside. The IGN review, I think, did a really good job of bringing up some cool things about the new game I didn't actually know about.
Made me confirm my purchase for sure

gosox333

I dunno, I felt like the HG/SS translation was the stiffest yet. Too many "I am"'s and "You are"'s. I dunno how to explain it, really.

I'm getting White 2. Is there any way that one of you guys with a completed Japanese Black 2 can transfer the Hard Key to me before I start the game?

That'd be super appreciated.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
I dunno, I felt like the HG/SS translation was the stiffest yet. Too many "I am"'s and "You are"'s. I dunno how to explain it, really.

Considering literally 90% of it was recycled from the original games, that isn't surprising. :p

Top Bottom