• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Black Version 2/White Version 2 |OT| Zero Shades of Grey

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
I think the effort that has gone into making the Pokédex 3D models and animations is a clue.

I hope so. The models in Pokedex 3D look great.

My fear is the battles will have those great looking models and the overworld will still be terrible looking, low quality 3D.

Zilch

Banned
Even if the graphics go "full 3d" (and I am relatively certain they will) I don't think they'll lose the top-down perspective.

Can you participate in the World Tournament as many times as you want, or is it permanently over once you beat all of the trainers?
As many times as you want - it's a Battle facility, meaning you're gonna be doing it regularly if you want to rack up those BP, same as other facilities.
Even if the graphics go "full 3d" (and I am relatively certain they will) I don't think they'll lose the top-down perspective.
I wonder how the series would be if it adopted tilt-shift style...

As many times as you want - it's a Battle facility, meaning you're gonna be doing it regularly if you want to rack up those BP, same as other facilities.
Awesome :D

That IGN review got me ridiculously hyped, and I normally hate IGN. You can tell the reviewer is genuinely passionate about the series, and it highlighted some features I hadn't even heard of yet

Also I'm considering playing as the girl character for the first time ever because the boy looks goofy as hell, but I'm not sure if my OCD can allow it... I'M always the trainer in the game! This will be my ELEVENTH (Jesus...) mainline pokemon game, and in all ten prior ones I've named the main character after myself. Playing as someone different just seems wrong, but at the same time the allure of something new is calling to me...

I should dust off my 3DS and download that.

I think the old one with only Gen V Pokémon is discontinued.

Pokédex 3D Pro

On July 14, 2012, an upgraded version of Pokédex 3D was released in Japan which features all of the Pokémon in the National Pokédex as well as the new Kyurem and Keldeo forms. The original Pokédex 3D app was removed from the eShop in Japan on June 17, 2012, but will continue to receive updates. This upgraded version of Pokédex 3D will make its North American debut on November 8, 2012, with the original Pokédex 3D going offline on October 1, 2012.

Pokédex 3D

Pokédex 3D Pro

I should dust off my 3DS and download that.

Unfortunately the free one is gone (unless you previously downloaded it and are simply going to re-download it. Otherwise you have to wait until early November for the privilege to pay, I think it's like $15.99, for the Pokedex 3D pro.

Edit: Damn beaten like thrice!

Do you fill your dex in Pokedex 3D Pro the same way you did with the first 3D Pokedex?

$15 is an ungodly ripoff, but obviously I'll still be paying it

Hi PokeGAF,

I haven't played Pokemon since the gold version, but these days I'm planning to get back to the series as I have seen a friend of mine having a great time with his yellow version lately.

I'm thinking about whether to get Black/White 1 or 2. I don't care much about the story of the pokemon series. I am just wondering which of the games will deliver the better gameplay, pokemon, playing time, etc. I am also not planning to buy a second pokemon game in the near future, so I simply wonder which are the better games with the better overall experience.

Thank you for an advice.

Kokonoe

Banned
Hi PokeGAF,

I haven't played Pokemon since the gold version, but these days I'm planning to get back to the series as I have seen a friend of mine having a great time with his yellow version lately.

I'm thinking about whether to get Black/White 1 or 2. I don't care much about the story of the pokemon series. I am just wondering which of the games will deliver the better gameplay, pokemon, playing time, etc. I am also not planning to buy a second pokemon game in the near future, so I simply wonder which are the better games with the better overall experience.

Thank you for an advice.

Get the sequels if you're going to get a Black and White game. They will have more content than the first Black and White games.

Unfortunately the free one is gone (unless you previously downloaded it and are simply going to re-download it. Otherwise you have to wait until early November for the privilege to pay, I think it's like $15.99, for the Pokedex 3D pro.

Edit: Damn beaten like thrice!
Damn, they must be trying to offset the development budget of Pokemon 3DS.

Damn, they must be trying to offset the development budget of Pokemon 3DS.

ha ha yeah maybe. I was bummed out when I learned that the Dream Radar app is gonna be $2.99. I mean I know that's not a lot of money, but for some reason I was under the false assumption it would be free. Show's what I know.

Mr. Sam

ha ha yeah maybe. I was bummed out when I learned that the Dream Radar app is gonna be $2.99. I mean I know that's not a lot of money, but for some reason I was under the false assumption it would be free. Show's what I know.

It's going to be what? To hell with that then.

Kokonoe

Banned
Well, I could describe why I dislike it compared to other designs like I usually do in detail, but for this time I'm just going to say that the last game had better designs.

Haha. Check out this extreeeemmeeeee gameplay.

Wow, that certainly sounds worthy of my time and attention!
Well, it's not a game! It's an app :p

But yeah, the only reason I ever opened the free Dex was to get my 3 daily Pokemon, lol.
Yeah, same here. The fun of the pokedex is filling it up. Paying sixteen bucks for something that already has the fun part completed is just not jiving my Gible pokey jibles.

What the hell?? I thought it was free too! Three dollars for the alternate forms of whatever the hell the cloud trio is called?

Alright Nintendo, you win this round... but if you really love me this will be the last time you pull this crap!

At least I only have to buy both games so I can play White 2 from the start with the challenge mode activated

:(

PokeWhorin' ain't easy friends

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Another thing about Dream Radar is that it gives you the legendaries on the Gen IV boxes depending on which game you put in the 3DS slot. Diamond gives you Dialga, Pearl is Palkia, Platinum is Giratina, Heart Gold is Ho-oh, and Soul Silver is Lugia. I have all five games so that's worth it for me.

MicH

Another thing about Dream Radar is that it gives you the legendaries on the Gen IV boxes depending on which game you put in the 3DS slot. Diamond gives you Dialga, Pearl is Palkia, Platinum is Giratina, Heart Gold is Ho-oh, and Soul Silver is Lugia. I have all five games so that's worth it for me.
Woah, really? That's pretty generous of Nintendo, but I won't say no :D It doesn't work on the original Black and White?

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Woah, really? That's pretty generous of Nintendo, but I won't say no :D It doesn't work on the original Black and White?

According to Serebii, this is what you can get.

At the beginning:
Drifloon
Spiritomb
Riolu
Munna
Sigilyph

After obtaining Tornadus:
Swablu

After obtaining Thundurus:
Staryu
Igglybuff
Shuckle
Bronzor

After obtaining Landorus:
Porygon
Togepi
Smoochum
Ralts
Rotom

Special Parts (input a code and you get special parts stage to these three)
Slowpoke
Hoothoot
Beldum

It doesn't work with the first B&W though.

Frost_Ace

Lugia and ho-oh with hidden abilities YEEEESSS <3

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
According to Serebii, this is what you can get.

At the beginning:
Drifloon
Spiritomb
Riolu
Munna
Sigilyph

After obtaining Tornadus:
Swablu

After obtaining Thundurus:
Staryu
Igglybuff
Shuckle
Bronzor

After obtaining Landorus:
Porygon
Togepi
Smoochum
Ralts
Rotom

Special Parts (input a code and you get special parts stage to these three)
Slowpoke
Hoothoot
Beldum

It doesn't work with the first B&W though.

And it should be noted, they all come with their Hidden (Dream World) ability. It'll be the only way to receive the legendary Pokemon's dream abilities, but the rest of those regular Pokemon are already available.

Lugia and ho-oh with hidden abilities YEEEESSS <3

Regenerator Ho-Oh is pretty Godly. I hope Nintendo has a WiFi tournament that allows all Pokemon at some point so I can actually use my 'Uber' Pokemon.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Don't worry, in typical Game Freak style this feature will be removed from the next game and we will never ever see it again!

KuGsj.gif
Too true.

Tenck

To be fair, people with no experience with the series are probably the target audience for Pokemon reviews anyway. Fans are gonna buy the game regardless of what reviewers say.

The review is targeted at people who don't know the game. Doesn't make sense for someone who doesn't know much about Pokemon to review it. Unless of course they're not payed, then by all means do so.

Kokonoe

Banned
To be honest, I understand where you're coming from, but I don't think reviewers should have to play previous titles in the series just to get a better understanding of one game.

Velcro Fly

I knew I should have finished breeding this damn Kingdra before today. NSMB2 DLC is reeling me in for today at least. Going to have to get this done tomorrow or saturday so I can play Black 2 on Sunday.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
Guys what's on the bottom screen in this version?

Top Bottom