• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Black Version 2/White Version 2 |OT| Zero Shades of Grey

Bought a new charger when I went out tonight. With an extended battery from Nyko, I'm all set for marathon White 2 sessions on my 3DS on maximum brightness. It's going to be one heck of a time when my 3DS now can keep going, going, and going, after replacing the aging battery in it that doesn't seem to hold a charge now.

I soooooooo want to have this game right now.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
Futureshop better ship it today so I can get it on Tuesday after Thanksgiving. Do it Futureshop.. doooo it.

I told myself I wouldn't do the buy and swap this Sunday.. but I may just have to..

Ragus

Banned
About that ign review:

The person mentioned, that you can transfer save file so that you can see flashbacks from B/W. Really? How does one do it?

Why would anyone want assist mode.

I'm personally going to get through White 2 and unlock Assist Mode for my younger sister's Black 2 version before she starts her game. It'll be her first Pokemon game but she's been watching the show so it'll be cool to see what she thinks of it.

Gravijah

I'm personally going to get through White 2 and unlock Assist Mode for my younger sister's Black 2 version before she starts her game. It'll be her first Pokemon game but she's been watching the show so it'll be cool to see what she thinks of it.

exactly. people questioning Assist Mode really gotta think outside of their own personal situations!

I like the dub version because of how corny it is. It's like Roxie and her band are so laughably incompetent that they couldn't even make their song fit around the one word they're trying to spell.

It's good!

exactly. people questioning Assist Mode really gotta think outside of their own personal situations!
then why the fuck not just offer it from the beginning. Seems like the only people who benefit from it most are the people who can't beat the game to unlock it to begin with.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
then why the fuck not just offer it from the beginning. Seems like the only people who benefit from it most are the people who can't beat the game to unlock it to begin with.

One of the most consistent messages that Game Freak has put out in regards to Pokémon is that they want the games to be a communication tool. They want people to interact in real life through the Pokémon games. Therefore they put a lot of elements in the game that encourage this.

One of the most consistent messages that Game Freak has put out in regards to Pokémon is that they want the games to be a communication tool. They want people to interact in real life through the Pokémon games. Therefore they put a lot of elements in the game that encourage this.

While I understand why one of GF's main prerogatives for the series has always been local play, I admit it is annoying that I have to hurry up and beat the game before my sister's birthday party to unlock a friggin difficulty setting for her. I wish they had Assist unlocked from the start, both versions able to unlock Challenge after E4, and leave something else to exchange version keys for (unlocking legendary forms, areas, items, etc).

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
I don't agree with sacrificing overall accessibility in the pursuit of secondary goals of the sort, which also inheritly are limited to a subset of the fanbase.

Firestorm

Japanese Pokemon site put up the details on the first Pokemon World Tournament event we'll be getting without waiting for the press release on the 15th. Relevant info pulled out and translated into English (with a player list) here.

No custom trainer sprites :(

Adr1an

Im so excited to play this game. Gonna be picking up a brand new 3DSXL at gamestop tomorrow and then Pokemon Sunday.

Top Bottom