• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Black Version 2/White Version 2 |OT| Zero Shades of Grey

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
I really want an updated poketch. Poketch was so ahead of it's time, before "there's an app for that" was as stupidly ubiquitous, the poketch had an app for pretty much everything. No reason the entire touch screen should be wasted on shitty C-Gear again. C-Gear is the reason I barely played any of my copy of White.

edit:

Pretty sure its the same thing as B/W1. So basically nothing.

Yeah, I'll see you in gen 6, pokemon. Wise the fuck up, Nintendo.

Tenck

To be honest, I understand where you're coming from, but I don't think reviewers should have to play previous titles in the series just to get a better understanding of one game.

You should have some experience with the series at least. New IPs are the exception of course.

I've never seen on reviewer from one of the major reviewing sites (game trailers, IGN, etc etc) just jump into a series this late.

Kokonoe

Banned
Pretty sure its the same thing as B/W1. So basically nothing.
Ah..oh well.
I really want an updated poketch. Poketch was so ahead of it's time, before "there's an app for that" was as stupidly ubiquitous, the poketch had an app for pretty much everything. No reason the entire touch screen should be wasted on shitty C-Gear again. C-Gear is the reason I barely played any of my copy of White.

edit:

Yeah, I'll see you in gen 6, pokemon. Wise the fuck up, Nintendo.

It's more of Gamefreak than Nintendo.

I can't say I found the C Gear so game cripplingly brutal myself.

Not that I thought it was any good mind you.

Well I can relate to not having the menu on the bottom screen as being a real pain. I hated The pokegear having useless apps in Pearl/Diamond/Plat, and loved the menu in HGSS.

Delio

So I decided to not do a eevee run. Using two starters i really like (Chimchar and Bulbasaur) and then whatever else i decide to catch.

Well I can relate to not having the menu on the bottom screen as being a real pain. I hated The pokegear having useless apps in Pearl/Diamond/Plat, and loved the menu in HGSS.

The biggest curse of the Poketch in D/P was that you had no second button to reverse through the damn thing, that had to be a platinum addition for some reason.

I've never even thought much about the use of the bottom screen until now, I guess it never really bothered me in any of the games, the little apps from gen 4 were nice ideas though even if awkwardly implemented.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
I can't say I found the C Gear so game cripplingly brutal myself.

Not that I thought it was any good mind you.

Nah, it was just a MEGA annoyance after playing 3 sets of DS games with functional bottom screens. There doesn't seem to be any reason to me why that touch screen can't be everything it has been since D/P/Pl combined. Just wasted potential functionality.

The entire game rubbed me the wrong way anyways. I hated 90% of the pokemon designs from gen 5. The straw that broke my back though was when the game made me run over that gigantic bridge while the camera twisted around in some hilariously inept display at technical prowess and the gigantic, waste of space "city" it lead to. I took it as the developers laughing in my face for making me play the same game over and over again for over a decade while they made trivial updates, all while adding and subtracting systems and base functionality to the game instead of constantly evolving it. Super duper frustrating.

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
So something has been bugging me about the OP... or i'm blind

why is the OP not mentioning things that people might want to know.. like what are the starter pokemon? what are the differences between the two versions?

but feeling checks!!!
Huh?
Feeling Check
In a Feeling Check, players are shown how compatible they are by performing the Rhythm Check and the Sync Check. Players are required to tap 10 times at the touch screen for the Rhythm Check, and press both their thumbs against the touch screen for the Sync Check. At the end, the player's compatibility is given a score and a ranking. Both players get Sweet Hearts which can be collected and exchanged for a Heart Scale at Mistralton City (10 Sweet Hearts for 1 Heart Scale).
Players are also able to view the top 30 scores of their Feeling Checks at the "Ranking" section.
Oh Game Freak.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Nah, it was just a MEGA annoyance after playing 3 sets of DS games with functional bottom screens. There doesn't seem to be any reason to me why that touch screen can't be everything it has been since D/P/Pl combined. Just wasted potential functionality.

The entire game rubbed me the wrong way anyways. I hated 90% of the pokemon designs from gen 5. The straw that broke my back though was when the game made me run over that gigantic bridge while the camera twisted around in some hilariously inept display at technical prowess and the gigantic, waste of space "city" it lead to. I took it as the developers laughing in my face for making me play the same game over and over again for over a decade while they made trivial updates, all while adding and subtracting systems and base functionality to the game instead of constantly evolving it. Super duper frustrating.

One thing to remember is that with every new generation, Game Freak is always focusing on first-time players when they make the first titles in that generation.

2012-10-04%2020.26.48.jpg

lol got this when i preordered black 2 today at gamestop.

ohlawd

anyone here not have their team planned out?

I always go blind in Pokemon games. When I see a patch of grass, I spend a good 5 minutes just walking around to see what's available.

I always go blind in Pokemon games. When I see a patch of grass, I spend a good 5 minutes just walking around to see what's available.

Same here. It's just more fun to pick them up along the way and see what I can do with 'em.

Tenck

I just grab random Pokemon and have at it. Then when I'm at Elite 4 I go back and look through my Pokedex, look for Pokemon I want to train all over again, and breed.

Sometimes it's so damn boring. I need faster EXP rates ;_;

quabba

I just grab random Pokemon and have at it. Then when I'm at Elite 4 I go back and look through my Pokedex, look for Pokemon I want to train all over again, and breed.

Join avenue should help with that although it has restrictions.

But then
no breeding until post e4
will make it harder

IR-GTS + PokeGen = no more grinding (among other things) :D

I played Pokemon White last year, but this time I'm getting Black 2 mainly because of the Challenge Key. Will Memory Link still work even though I'm switching over to the dark side?
I already have Reshiram from the Dream World event, so I'm not concerned about the inconsistency with N having Zekrom.

ohlawd said:

For the last game I had a team all planned out from the moment the spritelist from the JP release leaked, but this time I'm leaning towards making my first playthrough a Nuzlocke Challenge run. I'm pretty excited because I haven't looked up which old Pokemon show up in each route. Should keep things interesting, especially since the new UnovaDex is so large.

Once I get the key, I'm restarting the game on Challenge Mode and that will be my "master file." I might decide on one or two pokemon for my party ahead of time in challenge mode.

Restarting the game deletes the Challenge Key (and any other keys you've collected).

Wait, really? You can only play the main story (pre-Champion content) on hard if it's unlocked using a different gamecard?

[Looking it up online confirms this appears to be the case]

*sigh*...I know what to complain about in the Club Nintendo survey, at least.

So I don't get this key stuff, haven't read much about it. When you beat the game if you bought black you can replay the game on a harder difficulty? Same thing but easier if you buy white?

Top Bottom