• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Black Version 2/White Version 2 |OT| Zero Shades of Grey

So are black city and white forest pretty much the same in terms of amount of people to battle and items available now? Or are they still different. Or is black 2 still the superior battle area?

ffdgh

Someone on my 3ds fl just sent a picture of black 2 with swapnote....
LLShC.gif

Firestorm

If they made an MMO I don't think Game Freak would be developing. They'd probably be consultants but concentrate on the handheld games. I think a Korean or Western dev in the Pacific Northwest would be the most likely candidates.

Emitan

It should be Korean. F2P.

One time use "Capture Boost" items to increase capture rates.
This is the only way to catch something above level 30

So yea, I had thought it was coming out on Tuesday but was pleasantly surprised it's out on Sunday. Shame I'll be busy most of the day playing games with friends but I'll get some playtime in!

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Gamestop sent my copy of White 2. Excite!
Going to Target on Sunday to get Black 2. Double excite!

On a different note, Pokedex 3D Pro is such a rip-off. You don't even get an event Pokemon out of it or something special. Even My Pokemon Ranch gave you a Mew.

Ondore

If for whatever reason you are Canadian and don't check the Canada Deals thread, I will throw you a bone even if you don't deserve it! Lollipop Chainsaw is $20 at Best Buy. You can trade it as a straight 1:1 for Pokemon Black 2 or White 2 at Future Shop. And there ya go. $20 Pokemon at launch. Oh and Pokemon comes with a coupon for $10 off any game $19.99 or more to be used in November iirc.

Superior Nation confirmed.

I had planned to do this... but then a little thing called rent got in the way. Should still be valid on the next payday, though, so I got that going for me.

What? Tuesday? Got a few questions for ya.

Where do you reside in? (US, Canda, UK, some other place in Europe)

When did you order it?

What shipping did you choose?

Oh, I lied or didn't read the entire email. Sorry.

Instead, they shipped the Collector Edition Guide.

Still no update for the actual game.

Firestorm

So does B2W2 fix the bug that closing the DS still keeps the game time running?
I've had it on sleep for the past several hours and it says 0:18 when I save so I am assuming yes. My 3DS Activity Log says 0:31 which is probably the time I left it on the start screen.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Finally. Almost ruined post-game play in White for me. Also for the Pokedex, it counts caught, not seen right? Just making sure.

_PM

If I played White and want to use the Memory Link feature, do I need to do it in White 2 or can I also do it in Black 2?

Firestorm

Finally. Almost ruined post-game play in White for me. Also for the Pokedex, it counts caught, not seen right? Just making sure.
It has always been Seen hasn't it? It's currently Seen. Says 4 and I only have Tepig because Fyre4lyfe and all.

If I played White and want to use the Memory Link feature, do I need to do it in White 2 or can I also do it in Black 2?
From what I hear game versions don't matter.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
It has always been Seen hasn't it? It's currently Seen. Says 4 and I only have Tepig because Fyre4lyfe and all.

From what I hear game versions don't matter.

First three gens it wasn't, then they started doing that for D/P/Pt. HG and SS went back to "caught" since they're remakes, and Gen V now goes with "Seen".

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
First three gens it wasn't, then they started doing that for D/P/Pt. HG and SS went back to "caught" since they're remakes, and Gen V now goes with "Seen".

Damnit. Why is it that everything great HG/SS did with the series got chucked out?

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Did you quote the wrong post?

:p

No.

Save records should show the number of Pokemon in the Pokedex you have caught. Puffing it up with seen Pokemon to make weaksauce players feel better about themselves is completely counter-intuitive to how things should be.

Emitan

No.

Save records should show the number of Pokemon in the Pokedex you have caught. Puffing it up with seen Pokemon to make weaksauce players feel better about themselves is completely counter-intuitive to how things should be.

Hey hey! I like it this way! /weaksauce

Wait I can't be weaksauce. Everyone knows I'm spicy

Izayoi

Banned
No.

Joke's on them, I already filled the dex!

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
it only did if you had the c-gear on. if you had it off, time didn't continue to run in sleep mode.

That's right.

Still, pretty dumb. Killed the C-Gear for me, not that its proto-StreetPass mechanic got much use anyways.

Firestorm

it only did if you had the c-gear on. if you had it off, time didn't continue to run in sleep mode.
Oh right that's true. And yeah, I haven't got C-Gear or anything like that yet so maybe it does still kill sleep mode...

Edit: Just got my C-Gear. Same as Black. Keeps playtime going if you put C-Gear on and the game to sleep. Kills the C-Gear for the OCD - which considering it's Pokemon is basically everyone playing.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Oh right that's true. And yeah, I haven't got C-Gear or anything like that yet so maybe it does still kill sleep mode...

Edit: Just got my C-Gear. Same as Black. Keeps playtime going if you put C-Gear on and the game to sleep. Kills the C-Gear for the OCD - which considering it's Pokemon is basically everyone playing.

Thanks for the warning.

I can't fricking wait for Gen 6 so it can use actual StreetPass.

Top Bottom