• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Black Version 2/White Version 2 |OT| Zero Shades of Grey

Red

What's the problem with continuing game time while the game is asleep? I understand it's an annoyance, and adds battery drain, but is there something beyond that I'm not realizing? Seems like a pretty minor issues compared to some other things (those damn keys!).

Man God

Non-Canon Member
You didn't play a Gen 4 game or B/W? :O

I've traded for them every time I've needed to complete the pokedex as they're a pearl only gen iv pokemon.

Now I can catch one via one of those silly link missions. Next year sometime I'll almost certainly own White 2 which means I can finally catch them wild whenever I want.

led4lyfe

I'm currently playing a gen 5 Pokemon for the first time. I really liked in HG/SS the pokeballs would shake on the screen during battle to tell you which Pokemon are close to leveling, but it looks like they scrapped that feature in B/W. Does anyone know if it's back in B/W2?

B/W is really refreshing since I havent run into any familiar Pokemon, everything's new and surprising. I haven't had a tough battle yet though, just breezed through the 5th gym with my Lilligant. Am I lame for running with a party of Dewott, Zebstrika, Gurdurr, Krokorok, Tranquill and Whirlipede? Im trying out all sorts of Pokemon but those are the ones I use the most.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Wait, what's so important about the clock running or not running? Wouldn't that only matter to speedrunners?

It matters if you like keeping accurate track of your progress. Saying "yeah, I maxed the clock on all the Pokemon games" has less meaning if you just Melee-Mewtwo it by leaving your game in sleep mode for 900 of those hours.

Will this game look any better on a 3DS XL than on an original 3DS?

If you play it at-scale: yes.

If you don't: No. Nooooooo.

Sagitario

It sucks they changed the color version for the dragon mascots.

I don't really want White 2 (I prefer Black's aesthetics and music) but I need my Reshiram/Kyureshiram (sorry Latios :( )

Also, can you share the Unova link key an unlimited amount of times? Do you lose (or give it away) if you share it? What an annoying feature, I want the Challenge Mode so I have to search for a White 2 player :\

Firestorm

Also, can you share the Unova link key an unlimited amount of times? Do you lose (or give it away) if you share it? What an annoying feature, I want the Challenge Mode so I have to search for a White 2 player :\
No, you don't lose it.

For those who played in the 2012 Autumn Friendly, results are out now btw. Global Link just came back up. So it's in time for the Nintendo World launch.

It matters if you like keeping accurate track of your progress. Saying "yeah, I maxed the clock on all the Pokemon games" has less meaning if you just Melee-Mewtwo it by leaving your game in sleep mode for 900 of those hours.
People- people actually do that? o_O

tnaden

It sucks they changed the color version for the dragon mascots.

I don't really want White 2 (I prefer Black's aesthetics and music) but I need my Reshiram/Kyureshiram (sorry Latios :( )

You got that backwards. Black 2 = Challenge key. White 2 = Assist Key

Red

I didn't know it was a thing to max out the counter.

Elider

For those in PAL land. Is the game multi-language?

Also: this weeks pokemon for download is a legendary?

No, there are different language versions released in different regions. Only one language on one game card.

Genesect can be downloaded from release to November 12.

I put over 500 hours into BW and I've kept myself on a total blackout with these games.

Really can't wait to pick this up tomorrow.

Gravijah

re: play time counter

i don't like my play time counter being "off" in any game i play. i like knowing exactly how much i've played. so i pause, bring up the home menu, etc in games to make sure the clock has stopped.

Cause Black and White doesn't have the Heart and Soul.

Fire Red & Leaf Green are the superior remakes.

...mostly because they have the superior soundfont. HGSS soundfont is so boringggg.

Kokonoe

Banned
Fire Red & Leaf Green are the superior remakes.

...mostly because they have the superior soundfont. HGSS soundfont is so boringggg.

To be honest, none of the remakes satisfy me the way the originals do. FireRed/LeafGreen is too cash-in like(reused a ton of graphics and looks kinda boring), while HGSS loses a lot of the charm the original game had. And why is the grass turquoise!?

Although, I do like HeartGold a lot.

flowsnake

So this turned out to be fake, right? It's not in the music rips and it doesn't make any sense for the world tournament (you don't fight normal trainers, and none of the other regions have a normal battle theme). Just wondering since there are no comments on the video saying that.

Edit: Nevermind I guess a couple of comments do point that out. :/

Kokonoe

Banned
So how evil would it be if I got someone to send me a level 1 Mewtwo and Rayquaza (with their hacks of course), and traded them to Black and White 2 at the closest opportunity and used those to play through the game?

Emitan

So this turned out to be fake, right? It's not in the music rips and it doesn't make any sense for the world tournament (you don't fight normal trainers, and none of the other regions have a normal battle theme). Just wondering since there are no comments on the video saying that.

Edit: Nevermind I guess a couple of comments do point that out. :/
Probably just using the BW soundfont
wait time cap isn't 99 hrs?

999 hrs... There are other games and stuff to do in a year as well o_O.

99 hours? Fufufufufu!

Soul Beat

I finally completed the Pokedex in White. I don't know what to do until tomorrow now. :(
So how evil would it be if I got someone to send me a level 1 Mewtwo and Rayquaza (with their hacks of course), and traded them to Black and White 2 at the closest opportunity and used those to play through the game?
Pretty evil.

kinda hard to 999 bw1 since theres nothing to do XD

Yea, I collected all the pokemon (only took 100 or so hrs) and then had no real motivation to do anything else, collecting musical props aren't as fun as winning pokemon contests and I had no motivation to make a team for battle tower.

Item Box

Just got back from Nintendo world with my copy. Hope it's different enough from the prequel as that one didn't keep my attention for long.

I kinda envy you guys with early copies of the game. I think I can't get enough of this hype at this point... If only international shipping were quicker. Then again my copy hasn't even shipped. Oh well, waiting time maybe.

Kenai

I really want to play this right away but I also really want to do the Challenge Mode rather than the normal game. I'm torn.

Top Bottom