• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Black Version 2/White Version 2 |OT| Zero Shades of Grey

Ondore

I can't find the page that had the information, but Nintendo owns about just as much of Pokemon as gamefreak does if I recall correctly. Creatures Inc. also partially owns it too.

Nintendo 1/3
Creatures Inc 1/3
Game Freak 1/3

However, Creatures Inc is a Nintendo subsidiary (the successor to Ape Inc), so...

Natiko

Banned
I just realized I missed out on Keldeo, I hadn't even thought about checking for events until I realized they probably would have done one leading up to the release of the new games. Boo.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
...and I just remembered the DS only uses WEP for wifi connection. Shame on you Nintendo.

I'm still rocking my launch DS fat. Refuse to upgrade until it dies! It looks like it's been to hell and back but it's still kicking!

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
superior remakes.

...mostly because they have the superior soundfont. HGSS soundfont is so boringggg.

If there were ever such a thing as a wrong opinion, this would be it.

Rival Battle: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Rj6K2SGnwQ

Team Rocket Battle: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hTaW0HK-Cw4

Johto Gym Battle: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LLIwTix73T4

Kanto Gym Battle: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z2m81PRYQv4

Champion/Red Battle: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yCCxZ9SMABs

Wild Kanto Battle: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=og2fFqTZ3D0

Shoot, those games have some great music, possible the best in the series. Not even counting all the non-battle themes, like what's tied for my favorite: S.S. Aqua.

FrLg butchered what used to be incredibly memorable tracks because of the Gen 3 soundfont. I only prefer one version of theirs over the original (Champion Battle.)

HG/SS music is sublime and does the originals justice, and in many cases surpasses them. Piano/faux-guitar = <3

Gravijah

FrLg butchered what used to be incredibly memorable tracks because of the Gen 3 soundfont. I only prefer one version of theirs over the original (Champion Battle.)

HG/SS music is sublime and does the originals justice, and in many cases surpasses them. Piano/faux-guitar = <3

faux guitar you say

Because there's no reason to grind. Both tournaments and the Pokemon World Tournament use LV50 Pokemon.

i hate this. they should have just expanded the Battle Subway or something and made the Pokemon World Tournament part of the postgame story.

Gravijah

I should have clarified. Good faux-guitar.

GBA soundchip was so terrible they had to toss out all the DKC games' perfect soundtracks when they were ported. This is reflected by the Gen 3 games' soundtracks.

GBA sound was only horrible when put in the wrong hands. it's like Genesis VS SNES; most devs were too lazy or unskilled, but the very best music created on the Genesis is superior to anything put out by the SNES.

a great thing about the FRLG soundfont is the instruments sound really unique. i love unique sounding stuff, and a soundtrack with instruments i won't hear anywhere else will always stand out more than something i can hear in any other game. that's part of the issue with the HGSS soundfont... a lot of the instruments sound like stuff you'd hear in any game.

I should have clarified: Good faux-guitar.

GBA soundchip was so terrible they had to toss out all the DKC games' perfect soundtracks when they were ported. This is reflected by the Gen 3 games' soundtracks.

Well that explains why they sounded so bad...and why I tend to keep the volume down on my GBA.

Gravijah

the newer games show Masuda is getting closer and closer to what he truly wants to do with battle themes. when you hear the remixes he does, like this, it's pretty obvious what his major influences are.

so exciting.

I should have clarified: Good faux-guitar.

Not quite, DKC1 and 2 still got their original soundtracks butchered by the GBA, they were so miserable that for DKC3 a new soundtrack was created with the GBA's limitations in mind.

Gravijah

don't post B2W2 music without tagging it!

eitherway, Elite Four Theme from BW is probably my absolute favorite battle theme in the series. i got goosebumps when it started playing and couldn't believe what i was hearing.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
most devs were too lazy or unskilled, but the very best music created on the Genesis is superior to anything put out by the SNES.

This is not only a weak argument, it's also completely opinion-based. It's also a distraction from what I was talking about, and that's Fr/Lg music being disappointing not only because of both hardware drawbacks, but also them not being very true to the originals and poor stylistic choices.

This is opposed to Hg/Ss's soundtracks, which I find capture the originals where important yet surpass them altogether because of the hardware enhancements.

Gravijah

This is not only a weak argument, it's also completely opinion-based. It's also a distraction from what I was talking about, and that's Fr/Lg music being disappointing on the back of both hardware drawbacks, them not being very true to the originals, and poor stylistic choices.

This is opposed to Hg/Ss's soundtracks, which I find capture the originals where important yet surpass them altogether because of the hardware enhancements.

of course it's opinion based. everything in here is opinion based!

edit: youngblade you suck and aren't linking this awesome theme.

Gravijah

my list has more DPPt than i thought it would, i always forget how awesome the soundtrack is until i go back and listen to it.

TheOGB

Banned
I love Gen I and II music (and HGSS), but they have been outclassed.

And I liked Gen III's music.

GOD IT REALLY SUCKS I'LL HAVE TO WAIT AONTHER WEEK BEFORE I CAN GET THIS

Firestorm

Urk. posted in wrong thread before.

Anyone in Europe know the cheapest place to order this game online? Just held a contest for the two games and both winners were from Germany and I don't wanna just ship out NA copies they can't use in tournaments.

Firemind

White has Pinsir and Braviary, but Black has Beedrill and Garchomp.

why do you do this to me gf

Going to pick Black because the aesthetics of various locations suit me more than trees, sand and shrubberies.

upandaway

team both

Black 2 first playthrough,
Challenge Mode White 2 plathrough later on.
Same here.

I'm lucky enough to have a friend who doesn't care about his save file.
Or maybe he lets me delete it because he knows my playthrough will be more complete than his will ever get...

Top Bottom