• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Black Version 2/White Version 2 |OT| Zero Shades of Grey

mmxzero

my list has more DPPt than i thought it would, i always forget how awesome the soundtrack is until i go back and listen to it.

My favorite gen 4 track. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jpdKxBoF-ko
I love gen 4 (except for how slow D/P were), really got me back into pokemon.

I'm getting White 2 as I havent gotten a good Resharim yet since I have White 1.
I'm going to get it tomorrow but I'm still pissed that gamefreak doesnt let me choose the difficulty at the beginning LIKE EVERY OTHER GAME. I'm thinking of waiting until my sister or someone can give me the challenge key. Don't know how I feel about playing through it twice.

t26

Urk. posted in wrong thread before.

Anyone in Europe know the cheapest place to order this game online? Just held a contest for the two games and both winners were from Germany and I don't wanna just ship out NA copies they can't use in tournaments.

why can't they use it in tournaments?

Firestorm

why can't they use it in tournaments?
You have to use the same card as the region during tournaments for some reason. The box won't recognize it otherwise. It's weird considering the World Championships obviously allows cards from all the different regions but meh.

Anyone team White 2?

Well me too! :D

And when I think of it I'm actually quite happy that I never finished White 1 a year ago that means I can play that till Friday and immediately keep going on with White 2 :)

the cool thing about HGSS is that they gave us a chiptune version of the Pokemart theme.

...which, btw, is much superior to the Pokecenter theme.

I just had a mindblown moment while listening to this :eek: Since I kind of skipped HG and SS I never realized that these also include a remaked Kanto region o.o I really have to catch up and play it too.

And when I think of it I'm actually quite happy that I never finished White 1 a year ago that means I can play that till Friday and immediately keep on with White 2 :)

That's great1 Try to do everything under a time limit : P

Also what would you guys name a Rioulu, I'm thinking Bluefalcon but im not sure...

Hooray, it's almost time! I'm heading to Wally World at midnight for some Black 2 goodness. I hope I actually stick with my goal of completing the Dex this time (I won't)

Kokonoe

Banned

And when I think of it I'm actually quite happy that I never finished White 1 a year ago that means I can play that till Friday and immediately keep going on with White 2 :)

I just had a mindblown moment while listening to this :eek: Since I kind of skipped HG and SS I never realized that these also include a remaked Kanto region o.o I really have to catch up and play it too.

You should totally play them after you play White 2! I'm doing it myself at the moment and it's pretty fun.

Item Box

Since blue, my starter pokemon always stays with me, even if it's the same one from the last game(Snivy). It just doesn't feel the same without them at my side.

You should totally play them after you play White 2! I'm doing it myself at the moment and it's pretty fun.

Hmm alright I guess I should do that then too :) It's pretty funny when I think of it as I now actually remember why I skipped the remakes even though I bought SS and the original Gold, Silver and Crystal versions were among my favorites. It was just because the remakes were released right after I finished my A-Levels in March 2010 and I was simply too busy with enjoying summer so I kind of forgot about them :(

And my English suffers today, being tired isn't good...

Kokonoe

Banned
Hmm alright I guess I should do that then too :) It's pretty funny actually, I now remembered why I skipped the remakes even though I bought SS and the original Gold, Silver and Crystal versions were some of my favorites. It was just because the remakes were released right after I finished my A-Levels in March 2010 and I was simply too busy with enjoying summer that I kind of forgot about them :(

Ah, well that's understandable, time is the plague of all backlogs in video games. (I have such a big backlog I need work on..)

Ah, well that's understandable, time is the plague of all backlogs in video games. (I have such a big backlog I need work on..)

Yeah I know how you feel too, I have literally a ton of games I still need to play aswell :( Then again I don't even mind that because it means I will always have something to play even when there is a drought of games I'm interested in.

clemenx

Banned
I hope I can get this on Monday. Sucks not knowing if games arrive on launch in my country... Usually big games do, but eh.

Ohhhh just read that Koffing can be caught quite early in the game... hmm..

So this is my planned out team so far-
Oshawott
Riolu
Mareep
Growlithe
Koffing
Rufflet

I'm not sure about Rufflet, Mareep, or even Koffing : / any suggestions?

I know it's horrible but I'm not really planning to play competitively...

Oshawott
Riolu
Mareep
Growlithe
Koffing
Rufflet

Really, even if you're planning on playing competitively later on, I usually do my initial playthrough with Pokemon that I really like (even if those happen to be competitive staples most of the time). If you ever do plan on playing competitively, you have plenty of time to screw around with EVs/IVs later on.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.

Oshawott
Riolu
Mareep
Growlithe
Koffing
Rufflet

Don't think about competitive play while you're just making your way through the game. More options become available to you later with easier time EV training, IV breeding, etc. On my playthroughs the most I look at are natures to help determine if it's a keeper, or what moves to use. If you try to EV train during your playthrough you're just going to drive yourself insane.

Delio

My ingame team will be Chimchar,Gible,Mareep,Bulbasaur,Staryu and Umbreon. I may remove something for a Unova poke though just to have one XD

Vire

Not trying to troll at all here.

What's new and different in this game compared to Black and why should I care?

I heard that it uses the same starting Pokemon, is this true? :(

Emitan

I actually need to go to the store tonight. Maybe I should wait a bit so I can go at midnight and swing by a Wallmart or something.

Acrylic7

My ingame team will be Chimchar,Gible,Mareep,Bulbasaur,Staryu and Umbreon. I may remove something for a Unova poke though just to have one XD

My team would be
Poliwrath
Arcanine
Dragonite
Magnezone
Victreebel
Vigoroth or Snorlax

or
Dewgong(my fav Ice)
Eelektross
Executor
Hydreigon
Rhydon
Skuntank

er maybe
Lapras
Muk
Raidash
Metagross
Excadrill
Dragonite

but most of my guys aren't available during the main quest so I'm going to half ass it :(

Top Bottom