• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Black Version 2/White Version 2 |OT| Zero Shades of Grey

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
In my 4 years of working for Gamestop, we've NEVER done a midnight for a Nintendo product.

We opened early a couple times, but that's it.

Exeunt

Dream Radar just went up for me in EST so I gave it a quick whirl—it's kind of tricky to aim the 3DS at first but it seems like this could be a fun little game. The clouds that contain orbs and Pokémon only regenerate every five minutes apparently unless you want to spend Play Coins to max them out. I'm not sure how I feel about that, but I intend to play at least until I unlock the Therian forms and the various legendaries with their "hidden" abilities.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Not even for Brawl? That's kinda surprising.

No idea. I came on in July, and that was March. I'm not saying it's impossible, it's just never been worth it to my particular store when it comes to pre-orders. Especially for something like Pokemon, it's better to just open at the usual hours, so you catch kids right after Church.

Velcro Fly

Getting up to go to BestBuy when they open tomorrow so I can get the game and get back home in time to watch football. Probably going to play and watch football all day. Sundays in the fall are awesome!

Dream Radar just went up for me in EST so I gave it a quick whirl—it's kind of tricky to aim the 3DS at first but it seems like this could be a fun little game. The clouds that contain orbs and Pokémon only regenerate every five minutes apparently unless you want to spend Play Coins to max them out. I'm not sure how I feel about that, but I intend to play at least until I unlock the Therian forms and the various legendaries with their "hidden" abilities.

yay, downloading now. thanks for the heads up.

Emitan

i once went to get a game at Wal Mart after midnight. they had signs up everywhere, advertising that it would be available after midnight.

"i don't think we received that game yet."

I went to a Walmart for the launch of Borderlands 1. They only had PS3 copies of the game so everyone left lol

When you slap a number 2 on a game and charge full price, then I guess it's reasonable to assume you get all new stuff.

But I guess Pokemon isn't most games.

As the poster above me said, this seems like the perfect avenue for DLC, but obviously they can get away with charging the full game cost.
I really don't want to see Game Freak take advantage of DLC. >_> Watch, Pokemon 3DS will still have two versions, as per tradition, with DLC exclusive to each one.

Exeunt

This will be the first Pokémon game I won't get day 1.

Feels weird.

Yeah, this is the first time since Emerald that I haven't been there on the first day. I'm saving at least five dollars even after factoring in my Dream Radar purchase though—I would've done a "trade one" instead but none of the cheap qualifiers are available in my city. I guess I'll be keeping pace with PokéGAF instead!

yay, downloading now. thanks for the heads up.

No problem! I hope you like it! I'm going in for a second round soon when the rest of my clouds have regenerated.

mmxzero

Getting up to go to BestBuy when they open tomorrow so I can get the game and get back home in time to watch football. Probably going to play and watch football all day. Sundays in the fall are awesome!

Me and my roommate were all about March Madness and playing pokemon when HGSS and BW came out in the spring. It is indeed awesome!

Esura

Banned
Anyone buying both versions?

I preordered Black 2 (and paid off my Code of Princess preorder) but I want to get White 2. Hell, I want to get White 1 just to say I owned White 1.

Velcro Fly

I preordered Black 2 (and paid off my Code of Princess preorder) but I want to get White 2. Hell, I want to get White 1 just to say I owned White 1.

I've considered getting White 2 if only for challenge mode, but once you beat the main game it's sorta the same post game stuff as Black 2. I think I'd rather buy a completely different game like Code of Princess or something else instead of getting White 2.

Although if I love Black 2 a lot I'll probably get it just as a game to be able to play through it again.

I am. I always buy both versions, though. Always have, always will.

Got my copy (Black 2) and im looking for a bit of help from my poke brethen. I want to start up my in game team but I'm gonna need some help to do it.

Arcanine (Maybe try out chandelure)
Lucario
Dragonite
Wash Rotom
Slowbro
Espeon

Does anyone here have a dratini, rotom, slowpoke, or eevee in their games that they don't want?

Don't know if any posted this but according to CAG, if you get B2/W2 at TRU, you get 70% off any game $19.99 or less. Bummer that it forces you to get another game to get some savings but $6 for a normally $20 game isn't bad. I think it's the only "deal" for B2/W2 around.

Emitan

Don't know if any posted this but according to CAG, if you get B2/W2 at TRU, you get 70% off any game $19.99 or less. Bummer that it forces you to get another game to get some savings but $6 for a normally $20 game isn't bad. I think it's the only "deal" for B2/W2 around.

I can't find Platinum on their website. I want to know if it's $20

gosox333

Aww, I wanna go to Wal Mart and test my luck. I've heard horror stories about getting games from there at midnight of release days, though...

Think I'm gonna go for it.

Exeunt

When does the Radar go up for us Central folks?

If it's anything like the New Super Mario Bros. 2 launch, I'm guessing the game will go up at midnight for your time zone. I think this is how Nintendo is going to do any non-weekly download releases, which makes sense as it staggers the downloads a bit but still gets the game to everyone who wants it right on the day of release.

Teknoman

Anyone think we'll actually have some day 1 battles going on? Havent had first or second evolution featured battles since...the RBY/GSC days.

I literally had to walk in the grass at the ranch for 1 hour+ until a Riolu came out. Some luck. Back I go.

And yes:

#earlyHookUps.

Delio

If it's anything like the New Super Mario Bros. 2 launch, I'm guessing the game will go up at midnight for your time zone. I think this is how Nintendo is going to do any non-weekly download releases, which makes sense as it staggers the downloads a bit but still gets the game to everyone who wants it right on the day of release.

Already midnight here D: I'll keep checking.

Anyone think we'll actually have some day 1 battles going on? Havent had first or second evolution featured battles since...the RBY/GSC days.

I dont mind Day one battling. Um if my photo wifi can keep up..

Cheska

I think this would be fun! Make a certain level the max, and maybe set a rule to only include Pokemon obtain in-game, no trades, etc.

IrishNinja

huh...needing some more impressions here, people!

huh...needing some more impressions here, people!

Just caught my Tornadus.

It's a fun little time waster. I never use my play coins; I've got 300 just sitting around, so this is a great way to use them. Catching Tornadus definitely made my thumb tired, though. It's only three dollars, so I'm not complaining. It's literally a useful Face Raiders.

Top Bottom