• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Black Version 2/White Version 2 |OT| Zero Shades of Grey

Exeunt

huh...needing some more impressions here, people!

I played a second round after that post and it seems like you have to grind a bit to unlock other stuff—I have about 30 orbs now as well as two Pokémon and a Revive that I can send back to Black 2 whenever it arrives. When you shoot a cloud, different orbs come out and blink for a short period of time, during which you have to shoot them so that they are added to your collection. It seems like they alternate between flashing pink and green (I don't know what that means yet) and possibly shooting all of them within a certain amount of time causes more orbs to appear from the same batch. I don't know if it's possible to chain more orbs from a single cloud because my gyro aiming skills still aren't too hot.

As for "Pokémon battles," basically a ball of glowing light will come out of certain flashing clouds (as I recall) and you have to continually shoot it to fill up a gauge in the upper-left corner of the screen. If you aren't fast enough, the ball will shoot energy at you, which causes the allotted capture time to decrease more quickly (I think). I have yet to "fail" one of these battles, but you do have to stay on your toes to keep hitting the ball in time. The music that plays during the battles is pretty nice and I think contains some basic notes from the Black/White battle theme, though I have to listen to it some more to say for certain.

Anyway, the game tells you that—at my basic level with a 10 cloud maximum—it will take 45 minutes for the clouds to regenerate after a successful "research session." You can use Play Coins to max this out but I don't have too many now that I've bought all the Swap Note stationary. I'll probably have one more session before I go to bed, but that's what I have to say so far.

Pikma

Banned
I.... wasn't thinking about getting this but... fuck, it's Pokemon, I'll probably dive into it and get 100 hours in my first week as I did with Black, getting this day three, I'll join you on Tuesday, GAF. :)

WANT WANT WAAAAANT

Exeunt

Just caught my Tornadus.

It's a fun little time waster. I never use my play coins; I've got 300 just sitting around, so this is a great way to use them. Catching Tornadus definitely made my thumb tired, though. It's only three dollars, so I'm not complaining. It's literally a useful Face Raiders.

It's okay I guess. Bought my first upgrade so now I can have 15 clouds. Found a Riolu and that blue and white bird dragon thing

Wow, it sounds like you guys have made much more progress than I have! Billiechu, are you using Play Coins as well? I only have 73 orbs now after three rounds of Basic mode, and I've only run into Munna and Drifloon so far.

Also, I think an extra "round" of orbs from the same cloud has something to do with hitting them in the right order or maybe when they change colour. I'm not quite sure yet. I skimmed the manual and it's rather barebones, but it does say that you can use Play Coins up to three times per day (i.e. 15 coins). That's reasonable I suppose.

Bii

Wow, it sounds like you guys have made much more progress than I have! Billiechu, are you using Play Coins as well? I only have 73 orbs now after three rounds of Basic mode, and I've only run into Munna and Drifloon so far.

Also, I think an extra "round" of orbs from the same cloud has something to do with hitting them in the right order or maybe when they change colour. I'm not quite sure yet. I skimmed the manual and it's rather barebones, but it does say that you can use Play Coins up to three times per day (i.e. 15 coins). That's reasonable I suppose.

After three runs (only 5-7 clouds each time), I have 79 orbs and two Munnas. :/
I guess I'll start using my Play Coins.

Delio

Guys if you dont have the games yet what happens to your Dream Radar pokemon? Do they store there until you can send them?

Don't feel bad! I cheated and changed the day, haha.

I'm not sure about how you get the bonus, either. I'm usually in too much of a frenzy to really pay attention to the color. :/

Guys if you dont have the games yet what happens to your Dream Radar pokemon? Do they store there until you can send them?

Yep! They're stored.

Anyone think we'll actually have some day 1 battles going on? Havent had first or second evolution featured battles since...the RBY/GSC days.

I would love this. Metagame battles get way too stale after so long.

Vire

I.... wasn't thinking about getting this but... fuck, it's Pokemon, I'll probably dive into it and get 100 hours in my first week as I did with Black, getting this day three, I'll join you on Tuesday, GAF. :)

WANT WANT WAAAAANT

Wait, 100 hours in a week?

How is that possible... there are 168 hours in a week.

8 hours of sleep each day would be 56 hours...

Jesus, that's hardcore.

Exeunt

Don't feel bad! I cheated and changed the day, haha.

I'm not sure about how you get the bonus, either. I'm usually in too much of a frenzy to really pay attention to the color. :/

I used 15 play coins.

After three runs (only 5-7 clouds each time), I have 79 orbs and two Munnas. :/
I guess I'll start using my Play Coins.

Well, I feel a bit better about my abilities then! I'll probably have to start amassing some more Play Coins to make my legendary-unlocking adventures go a little more smoothly. I'm off to bed soon, but hopefully everyone who gets the game tomorrow morning enjoys it! Hopefully we can learn a little more about the Dream Radar too.

I think I did around 40.

I was super hyped though, so that explains most of it. I had left on a Spring Break trip to Italy the Friday before BW came out and while I was sad to come back to the States, I was definitely jonesin' for some Pokemon.

Kokonoe

Banned
did you buy Dream Radar? it's Dream Radar-ish.

Is there a demo? and how much is it? I'm not really into Face Raiders myself, but I might buy if it's cheap. Although I used up the last bit of my energy playing Sonic Colors DS so it'll have to be after I get some rest in a little bit.

Gravijah

Is there a demo? and how much is it? I'm not really into Face Raiders myself, but I might buy if it's cheap. Although I used up the last bit of my energy playing Sonic Colors DS so it'll have to be after I get some rest in a little bit.

3 bucks. no demo.

is it worth buying? hard to say...

a cool $2.99

Edit: demolished and beaten.

ayeorkean

Just stopped by at local Walmart and they said they have received their shipment but it wasn't going to be released until Tuesday. Hmm... Ok.

Well thanks to the 24-hour Wal-Marts I have been happily wandering around the Unova region (again) in my copy of Black Version 2. See you guys later! Also I've picked up the Dream Radar and only did the tutorial type stuff and it seems pretty ok. I'll probably dive into it more later on.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Laziness and a preorder at Gamestop stopped me from getting it a few hours ago. Your 24 Wal-Marts have lazy people if they wouldn't sell it to you.

Sunday Midnight is a crazy time to buy videogames but they should be fully stocked, you just need to get someone with a key.

I am really, really tempted to get the game tomorrow by trading in my OG 3DS at GameStop, but if I wait a few more days I can get the game and keep my OG 3DS for Pokémon trades.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
That is basically the reason why I'll never trade in my old 3DS. I just know I'll want it around for gen six trading eventually.

This is the first gen I'll actually have two systems to do trades and stuff. So that's really the only reason I was going to keep it. But since there's double credit, I could pick up a few games with it.

Delio

ahh its almost time.....still gotta wait for gamestop to open in 5 hours.

Hmm time to start breeding my team.

Pretty much what ive been doing. Bred a modest bulbasaur with Giga drain (Hopefully thats what is in this egg), and a adamant Chimchar with fake out. (Tried to get fire punch but meh).

Teknoman

I'll probably try challenging random people tomorrow evening...I need to go to sleep, riding on a Resident Evil co-op high.

A week to go for us EU people :/

Think I'm starting to get a good idea what my team will be in-game:

Snivy
Growlithe
Elekid
Swablu (traded from Radar)

Now just need a good water Pokemon. I barely ever raise six during the main adventure, but I guess a ghost or psychic would be a good choice for the last spot.

Pikma

Banned
Wait, 100 hours in a week?

How is that possible... there are 168 hours in a week.

8 hours of sleep each day would be 56 hours...

Jesus, that's hardcore.

That probably won't happen again, though, at that time I was unemployed, didn't have a boyfriend and the Univ wasn't that hardcore as it is right now, specially the latter. :(
Oh and I was just sleeping like 5 hours/day, that's why I managed to do it. :lol

vall03

finally got my copy! Wont trade or breed stuff just like what I did with B/W, so far the game really feels like a new game, guess its really a sequel. Also my mind is blown seeing a Pokemon Center in the first town lol

Edit: Still no auto-run button! Pressing a button in order to run in 2012, wtf is this shit Game Freak?!

Frost_Ace

My two shitty friends both decided to get W2 (when one of them told me she was gonna get black2), so I can't do a challenge mode run from the beginning now ;~;

Suairyu

Banned
So if you played White, you should get White 2, right?

My two shitty friends both decided to get W2 (when one of them told me she was gonna get black2), so I can't do a challenge mode run from the beginning now ;~;
This is the most mouth-breather post ever! Be ashamed, bro, unless it was in jest then in which case stop pretending so good.

Though on the note of keys - if someone transferred to me a challenge key, does that mean they then wouldn't have it? Like a Pokémon trade?

Frost_Ace

So if you played White, you should get White 2, right?

This is the most mouth-breather post ever! Be ashamed, bro, unless it was in jest then in which case stop pretending so good.

Though on the note of keys - if someone transferred to me a challenge key, does that mean they then wouldn't have it? Like a Pokémon trade?

I'm kidding of course! It's not like I'm mad with my friend for this :/

Top Bottom