• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Black Version 2/White Version 2 |OT| Zero Shades of Grey

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
Why are people suggesting to get B2 if you own B1? Wouldnt you see more different stuff if you'd get W2?

Fongul

I so want to pick up both games today (Black 2 for me, White 2 for my wife), but next week is when Toys R Us usually runs their October Buy 2 Get 1 Free sale. Decisions, decisions.....

gryz

Banned
just went to Fred Meyer and got a copy of each for my fiancee and I. didn't even have to deal with gamestop, just the cranky electronics lady at fred meyer

Why are people suggesting to get B2 if you own B1? Wouldnt you see more different stuff if you'd get W2?

No, they were designed so that you pick up the version that lines up with the first version you bought. Not to mention buying Black 2 will allow you to get a Zekrom, and vice versa. Features also allow Black 2 and White 2 to interact with their previous games specifically.

For someone that didn't finish White on my old DSi, what do I need to know considering I just got Black2?

I doing even remember how far I got in white, but I cannot imagine it was very far.

Ugh, I'm so pissed that I left both of my other DSs at my grandparents' place. I've got an SP and two Micros with me but nothing that I can use to trade over stuff from White.

UGH.

Izayoi

Banned
Lol, just got one of each from the local Toys R Us and the guy said they had already sold over 20 copies in the five minutes they had been open for. Cancelled my Slowmazon orders. Also got these neat coins.

Raxious

I still don't know if I should get this or not, been a while since I played a Pokemon game, but they were always fun to do. It would also give me a reason to use my 3DS XL again.

I beatedz 2 gyms and already have most of my party.

dewott
flaffy
riolu
growlithe
SUNKERN (FOR CUT LOL)

Anyway, this game is good stuff so far.

Any good deals on this? I don't see anything in the OP. I saw the Toys R Us one and that seems rather lackluster as I can't think of anything I'd like that's under $20.

t26

No, they were designed so that you pick up the version that lines up with the first version you bought. Not to mention buying Black 2 will allow you to get a , and vice versa. Features also allow Black 2 and White 2 to interact with their previous games specifically.

But Zekrom/Reshiram aside, isn't the exclusive list from Black 1 similar to Black 2? That means if you get White 2 you are able to get another set of pokemon that was exclusive to White 1.

Izayoi

Banned
The coins are nicer than I expected.

ibqfpXCijI244F.jpg

But Zekrom/Reshiram aside, isn't the exclusive list from Black 1 similar to Black 2? That means if you get White 2 you are able to get another set of pokemon that was exclusive to White 1.

Yeah, but chances are, you probably already traded with some people with White 1, so it's not much of a worry really. Especially with a wider array of pokemon available. (A Riolu so early :eek: :eek:)

I beatedz 2 gyms and already have most of my party.

dewott
flaffy
riolu
growlithe
SUNKERN (FOR CUT LOL)

Anyway, this game is good stuff so far.

Holy shit we almost have the types...

Dewott
Elekid
Lucario
Growlithe
Koffing (Fucking awesome with Venoshock)
Empty Slot (F-U Overpowered Genesect > : / )

btkadams

fuck :( i totally thought the ebgames event for keldeo was going to last through launch. does anyone have an extra one they could part with?? i will have a spare genesect.

Mr. Sam

Really tempted to do a Gym Leader playthrough for Black 2 - i.e. one type of Pokemon only. I did Black normally but I did White with an all steel team. Right now, I'm thinking I might do an all bug playthrough:

1. Heracross
  2. Butterfree
  3. Shuckle
  4. Volcarona
  5. Scizor
  6. ???

Fake edit: Wait, I forgot you can get Growlithe in this. I've always wanted a Growlithe but never had the right version. Fifteen years in the making!

I've got

Oshawatt
Magnemite
Magby
Riolu

so far, about to take on the second gym.

Woah, that's crazy. I guess it's because they give you some pretty good stuff at the beginning, I mean you can catch Riolu in less than one hour of gameplay!

Still sucks that I can't find a flying Pokemon... there is Pidove but he's a little meh : /

EDIT- omg Solosis looks so cute..... I want it in my team but that GOD DAMN MISSING FLYING TYPE ARGHH

Bilix

Can anyone take a picture of the coins? Also were you able to get both in one transaction?

Edit: Nevermind I see the pic. Phone wasn't loading it.

Ravidrath

Anyone else having any trouble getting on WFC for Genesect?

I'm using the same settings I had before, and it finds the access point and looks like it's good for a bit, and then the signal drops and I get a 52100.

I'm using the same settings I had before, and it finds the access point and looks like it's good for a bit, and then the signal drops and I get a 52100.
I can't connect to WiFi either...

is it because I'm playing this on a 3DS? My 3DS connects to the Internet just fine, but my pokeymanz game is saying there isn't a compatible access point in range

ffdgh

the servers are are being bombarded right now i assume
KuGsj.gif

Edit: Well scratch that it worked just fine for me on my 3ds

Ravidrath

the servers are are being bombarded right now i assume
KuGsj.gif

Edit: Well scratch that it worked just fine for me on my 3ds

That was my first guess, but internet-anything on DS is always pretty iffy, so I wanted to see what other people's experiences were before I started messing with settings.

Picked up my games, got my save from Black imported into Black 2, and after work I'll use White 2 and my Pokemon Black DSi to get Snivy and Tepig into my game.

Named my Oshawott "Wozzy Bare." In Black, I named Snivy "Steve Jobs" and Tepig "Bacon." Not sure if I'll continue the tradition.

BlackJace

I'm so tempted to rock a Pidgeot. Base stats a little meh, but I've always stopped at Pidgeotto, so I was thinking I could give it a shot.

I'm so tempted to rock a Pidgeot. Base stats a little meh, but I've always stopped at Pidgeotto, so I was thinking I could give it a shot.

I always use a Pidgey. I even picked up the version of it in B/W.

It was my first catch in Pokemon Blue and it joined Squirtle in my lineup.

Top Bottom