• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Black Version 2/White Version 2 |OT| Zero Shades of Grey

LeleSocho

Banned
Named my female Growlithe Ikea.

hMKxk.jpg

brinstar

Actually, this reminds me. Do the majority of people give their Pokemon nick names?

Just the ones I intend to use for any length of time.

Arrived at Virbank, now I'm doing some leveling before I challenge the 2nd gym. Currently rolling with Oshawott, Sewaddle, Mareep, Riolu, Magnemite and Magby. I'm not sure if I should go with Mareep or Magnemite as my main Electric type now... or if I should even bother having an Electric type at all

Ooh, just hit one of the Memory Links in the
Aspertia City
Pokémon Center, dealing with
N in Chargestone Cave, probably right before going into Dragonspiral Tower.

"Sorry..."

"When I saw you, I just started talking for some reason."

lol

Exeunt

Mareep is in the wild, and he caught Tornadus in the Dream Radar.

Oh, so Dream Radar Pokémon can be transferred nice and early? I haven't been keeping up with that sort of thing, so it's nice to know. I have two Riolu right now but I won't be getting the game until Tuesday or Wednesday at the earliest, so I guess I can fudge a couple "battles" in the Dream Radar so that I can transfer the Riolu nice and early without having to wander around in the tall grass. It's a shame there isn't like a "box" system in the Dream Radar so you can hold more than six Pokémon without having to transfer, but I guess the game really is intended for people who have Black or White 2 already.

I don't like nicknaming my Pokemon. Mostly because I suck at good names, but also because after a while it looks untidy, tacky and I'll probably have no idea who's who at first glance.

Gravijah

Rival Battle Theme is good, but still doesn't surpass BW Rival Battle Theme. that's still my favorite in the series.

Wait you can transfer your Pokemon Black save into this?
I already started the game, is it too late for me?

highly doubt it. just go to the Unova Link on the main menu -> Memory Link.

ffdgh

Oh just noticed I have to scan the qr codes in the case to find dream radar and pokedex 3d. No wonder I couldn't find them in the shop.
KuGsj.gif

Kokonoe

Banned
Oh wow, I actually got something from a trashcan.

Well, can't say anything bad about this game so far. Female character sprite in the overworld is kinda goofy looking, and there are a lot of tutorials, but so far so good.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I actually don't think the game looks bad stretched out on the 3ds xl screen when you're moving around the world. Unfortunately, the text and character art in battles are where it looks rough.

I'm still not sure if I totally like native better.

Busaiku

So does anyone know if the 3DS Streetpass will work if I keep this in sleep (like I don't exit to the 3DS UI, so I get Tag features)?
I played Black on DSi, so not completely sure on that.

Leave Fancypants, Bluefalcon, Cake, Roxas, Plush, and Poison alone >_<

Yes, I did name one of them Roxas

Cake is a reference to Cake the Cat from Adventure Time since the MC is named Finn and the Rival is named Jake

Hah, I named my Oshawott Jake for similar reasons.

Also, I'm planning on retelling my BW2 journey on here as a journal-entry-style "Trainer's Log" fiction series. Would anyone be cool with that?

(I'm doing it either way, I just want to know the public opinion :p)

ffdgh

Also, I'm planning on retelling my BW2 journey on here as a journal-entry-style "Trainer's Log" fiction series. Would anyone be cool with that?

Sure no problems here.

Cheska

I actually don't think the game looks bad stretched out on the 3ds xl screen when you're moving around the world. Unfortunately, the text and character art in battles are where it looks rough.

I'm still not sure if I totally like native better.

See, I think it looks pretty bad :( I'm just glad that I have the 3DSXL so that I can put it on native and not be restricted to playing on a super tiny screen like the OG 3DS.

That sounds really cool : P

zroid

Banned
I played B1 stretched on my OG 3DS, and didn't really mind too much. Still, I'm glad to have the XL now, looks real sharp in 1:1 and its better D-pad and form don't hurt either.

5i25T.jpg

Haha. This is too much. I've been planning this team for weeks, but now I'm too prepared.

I bred all but Horsea and Torchic to have perfect HP, Attack, and Speed IVs. Horsea has perfect Special Attack IVs instead, and Zeroth gave me the perfect shiny RNG'd Torchic.

After hatching all of them (apart from Zeroth's Torchic) in Black 2, I traded them back to Black 1 for some quick EV training (mostly just Proteins/HP Ups/etc.) and to teach them some TMs. No reason to waste such nice Pokémon by giving them poor EVs, right?

Now they're back in Black 2, and they've just steamrolled Roxie.

I've never planned my in-game team in advance before. It's too bad I can't play in the challenge mode, because these guys are crazy.

MicH

Shouldn't there be an event section in the OP? I really liked that section in the BW1 OT - it helped me quickly gather an overview of the ongoing events.

Cheska

Tornadus being lv 5 really helped. I though it would be overleveled.

How long were you in the Dream Radar before you found him?

So guys its the same Pokemon thig as before where no transfers can take place until I beat the game right?

Do you mean trading with another system/game? Because I think it's been mentioned that you can trade after the first Gym.

People mentioning about Dreamradar only being able to hold 6 pokemon reminds me how much I want a Pokemon Box app for 3DS. With so many Pokemon now, it's a pain to transfer hundreds of them 6 at a time, which I prefer to do for legendaries, evolved/rare pokes etc.

Be much easier if there was a box app where you could transfer over as many as you like in one go from any Gen IV/V/eventual VI game, switch games and then transfer them to that one. Would save so much time.

Kokonoe

Banned
Nice to see Growlithe, getting so many different types early on.

People mentioning about Dreamradar only being able to hold 6 pokemon reminds me how much I want a Pokemon Box app for 3DS. With so many Pokemon now, it's a pain to transfer hundreds of them 6 at a time, which I prefer to do for legendaries, evolved/rare pokes etc.

Be much easier if there was a box app where you could transfer over as many as you like in one go from any Gen IV/V/eventual VI game, switch games and then transfer them to that one. Would save so much time.

Agreed 100%

Question for you guys: I picked up the game today, and downloaded Genesect. If I decide to start a new game, can I download Genesect again?

Cheska

Haha. This is too much. I've been planning this team for weeks, but now I'm too prepared.

I've never planned my in-game team in advance before. It's too bad I can't play in the challenge mode, because these guys are crazy.

Ike, honest question: Is it as fun to have a team completely pre-planned and right from the start?

In the past I've traded maybe one or two Pokemon at the beginning of the game, but I've never had a whole team. I feel like part of the fun is going with the flow and making some unexpected decisions.

Top Bottom