• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Black Version 2/White Version 2 |OT| Zero Shades of Grey

Gravijah

FWIW, re: Dream Radar. i think it's 6 normal Pokemon, but you can have as many of the special legendaries as you want without having to transfer. not 100% on that, though.

Ike, honest question: Is it as fun to have a team completely pre-planned and right from the start?

In the past I've traded maybe one or two Pokemon at the beginning of the game, but I've never had a whole team. I feel like part of the fun is going with the flow and making some unexpected decisions.

Normally I'd say no, it isn't as much fun. But this one time it has been nice playing the game differently.

I still prefer the method of using what I find as I go, but since this isn't a new gen game and it's all Pokémon I've used before anyway, I decided to build a team based around people I talk to in the community thread.

Item Box

Using the dream world keeps changing up who's in/out of my party. I found an Aron and a Druddigon there, and I can't resist not using them.

So I could get my level 70 dragonite in there right away?

Yeah, but he wouldn't obey you until you get the right badge.

Emitan

My team as of reaching Castelia City

f1ea5b7210cf11e2984822000a1de9d5_7.jpg

zroid

Banned
I might try to name everything with actual given names that share the first and last letters of the Pokemon's species name.

Of course then evolution may cause problems...

Delio

How long were you in the Dream Radar before you found him?

Do you mean trading with another system/game? Because I think it's been mentioned that you can trade after the first Gym.

I know I searched like 14 times or something and upgraded my beam abd scope one time before the option popped up. It doesn't cost anything to go catch it.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Is there a complete list anywhere of Pokemon available in Dream Radar? Are any exclusive outside of the 3 new legendary forms?

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
people were mentioning how bad Game Freak would do dlc for 3ds versions

Dream Radar is them going around the system to do it already

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
people were mentioning how bad Game Freak would do dlc for 3ds versions

Dream Radar is them going around the system to do it already

21 Pokemon for $3 dollars (26 if you have the Gen IV games). Plus, an actual game.
That actually makes sense.

Ragus

Banned
I want to breed an egg with squirtle, but my Blastoise and Ditto do not play with each other a lot . So I guess no egg for me :(?

Hmm, getting Frustration and Return so soon - I guess GF wanted to cover the friendship bases early, heh.
It's surprisingly small :(

Well, at least there are some good ones. I need to find a Platinum cart to borrow so I can get Giratina...
Well, it's just 3 bucks I guess... it's sort of like buying a better version of Face Raiders or something, with early access to legendaries.

zroid

Banned
What kind of Pokedex do you start with in this game, anyway?

Do you just get the national dex from the beginning, or the same Unova dex from BW, or is it an updated Unova dex that includes all the new wild Pokemon available.

Sandfox

What kind of Pokedex do you start with in this game, anyway?

Do you just get the national dex from the beginning, do you get the same Unova dex from BW, or do you get an updated Unova dex that includes all the new wild Pokemon available.

The new pokedex features completly new numbering and contains the 300 pokemon that you can find while playing the main part of the game.

zroid

Banned
The new pokedex features completly new numbering and contains the 300 pokemon that you can find while playing the main part of the game.

ahh ok, neat!

Just curious, does that include the guys available in Dream Radar, or do they get the ??? treatment a la PDW transfer?

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
ahh ok, neat!

Just curious, does that include the guys available in Dream Radar, or do they get the ??? treatment a la PDW transfer?

Some of the Dream Radar ones are in the Unova Dex, some aren't. Like Porygon, Togepi, and Ralts. Plus the Gen IV legendaries.

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
Repost:

What happens when you transfer your savegame to B&W2? A comprehensive list somewhere? Something I should be doing in B&W1 before transferring the save?

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I haven't played one of these since Red. Can someone explain to me in a brief manner how exp works, how it's shared amongst active and inactive and all that?

Skel1ingt0n

I can't *believe* these lazy developers keep making file sizes so damn large. Btw, how does technology work?
I'm not even a big Pokemon guy... ... ... but dammit, the nostalgia always calls to me! Arg!

8064804667_aa4e3c66de_z.jpg

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
me too.

at first it bothered me but now i just pretend both characters are named after a legendary Pokemon trainer from the past.

Thats actually... not far from the truth. As I named my first pokemon trainer in Pokemon red with the same nickname as well :p

Top Bottom