• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Black Version 2/White Version 2 |OT| Zero Shades of Grey

Kokonoe

Banned
Yay! If you need a Fire Stone later in the game, let me know. I'll make sure to find one!

Couldn't pass up the opportunity to name it after seeing your screenshot(plus you rock). Is there a fire stone later in the game? I can actually trade one myself, but if it's not in the game I'll wait a bit as I'm kinda too lazy to trade at the moment heh.

I haven't played a Pokemon game since Blue--is this a good place to start, or should I play White/Black 1?

B/W 1 only has all-new Pokemon until you finish the main story. B/W 2 has old and new dudes from all Generations mixed in from the start. Go with what you'd like to experience more. The story in B/W 2 does continue from B/W 1, but they do a good job of filling you in on what happened.

MikeMyers

Well, this is the first time I've ever nicknamed my Pokemon.

dempokemanz.jpg

Although, maybe I should wait to use Andrex...

You'll never be able to enslave me!

Couldn't pass up the opportunity to name it after seeing your screenshot(plus you rock). Is there a fire stone later in the game? I can actually trade one myself, but if it's not in the game I'll wait a bit as I'm kinda too lazy to trade at the moment heh.

Serebii lists these as the locations for Fire Stones in B2/W2:

Desert Resort (With Dowsing Machine), Lentimas Town, Wellspring Cave (Dustcloud), Chargestone Cave (Dustcloud), Mistralton Cave (Dustcloud), Twist Mountain (Dustcloud), Victory Road (Dustcloud), Giant Chasm (Dustcloud), Seaside Cave (Dustcloud), Reversal Mountain (Dustcloud), Clay Road (Dustcloud), Underground Ruins (Dustcloud), Relic Path (Dustcloud), Caselia Sewers (Dustcloud),
N's Castle
(Dustcloud)

Kokonoe

Banned
Serebii lists these as the locations for Fire Stones in B2/W2:

Desert Resort (With Dowsing Machine), Lentimas Town, Wellspring Cave (Dustcloud), Chargestone Cave (Dustcloud), Mistralton Cave (Dustcloud), Twist Mountain (Dustcloud), Victory Road (Dustcloud), Giant Chasm (Dustcloud), Seaside Cave (Dustcloud), Reversal Mountain (Dustcloud), Clay Road (Dustcloud), Underground Ruins (Dustcloud), Relic Path (Dustcloud), Caselia Sewers (Dustcloud),
N's Castle
(Dustcloud)

Thanks! I think this is actually the first time I've used Growlithe/Arcanine for a full playthrough.

Ondore

You can catch Eevees during the game, but they'll have their regular abilities. Special ability Eevee is available as a gift postgame.

quabba

Walked around for ages to find a Riolu, took most of my balls to catch it and its got a -attack nature :/ I gave up searching for another one

Roto13

I saw it on tumblr but i am almost certain it's not cause sugimori does not draw like that anymore. It's basically an exact rip of the original red and girl (does she have a name?) artwork from '95 with Charizard and pikachu in the bg
Her name was Green I think. :p

Cheska

Walked around for ages to find a Riolu, took most of my balls to catch it and its got a -attack nature :/ I gave up searching for another one

If you end up getting Dream Radar you may end up having better luck. I found one after my third try or so.

Picked up my copy of Black 2. Beat the first gym and brought over my team of Ralts, Sandile, Tentacool, Aerodactyl, Litwick, and Joltik all lv. 1.

zroid

Banned
Only shiny I ever found was a Golbat in SoulSilver. Its stats were terrible but I took that baby with me to the bitter end :p

So glad my version to get was White 2. Shiny Dratini is too awesome, Dragonite is my 2nd favorite Dragon-type only behind Kingdra.

HEY GUYS, WHICH STARTER?

If you're not going by looks and only gameplay (at least in the early parts of the game):

Oshawott - Easy
Tepig - Medium
Snivy - Hard

I'm going to pick up Black 2 tomorrow. I confirmed with a friend and he just bought white. I'll just keep playing more Soul Silver till tomorrow.

Acrylic7

Lucky, I've never seen a shiny in the wild before besides Red Gyarados. Cotton Candy Mareep would have been awesome to find.

I found a shiny Jigllypuff in the safarizone ripoff place in white.

I raged. How am I supposed to catch this biatch with rocks and bait? My prayer weren't answered.

I did get a shiny Scrafty though.

zroid

Banned
Man, my friend is a dick. For BW, he wanted to get White because of Zekrom, and even though I did too I acquiesced like a bro and got Black.

Now he wants to get Black 2 because of Black Kyurem (and possibly other reasons), but I'm refusing to play by his rules this time 'cause I don't want my continuity to get effed. :|

We're both getting Black 2.

I found a shiny Jigllypuff in the safarizone ripoff place in white.

I raged. How am I supposed to catch this biatch with rocks and bait? My prayer weren't answered.

I did get a shiny Scrafty though.

My friend managed to catch a shiny Nidorino in FireRed Safari Zone and traded it to me cause Nidoking is my fave Pokemon. It is the most cherished digital thing I own lol.

Top Bottom