• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Black Version 2/White Version 2 |OT| Zero Shades of Grey

Just started a while ago, White 2 v.
Thanks to my friend who has an AR and a DS, I got all the keys in my copy, including the Challenge Mode one which I'm using :)

It's harder than I expected!
1st leader gave me trouble, and I barely made it thanks to my lvl14 Riolu's Counter. I also had a lvl13 Lillipup which I used to finish him off. I ditched Oshawott and Lillipup, transferred a Shellos egg (love wGastrodon!) and my team is as follows:

West Shellos lvl. 14
Riolu lvl. 14

Oh well, I write too much. I'm having a great time and the last thing I did was enter Virbank.
Hope y'all having as much fun as me!

Kokonoe

Banned
Probably too early to say this..but I think this is a much better game than the last one. I really like the beginner areas.

SIGH!

I played six hours today, thoroughly enjoying myself all the while. I powered down for a couple hours for some actual human interaction (I don't even know what that is, I just read about it somewhere), and when I got home I of course fired up the 3DS to go back to Unova.

Trying to boot up my game made the system freeze. I restarted it. I went to system settings, and again, it froze up. I restarted again. I looked in my folders and EVERYTHING is gone save for the software that came pre-installed on the system. All of my VC games, eShop games, Demos, everything. And every time I try to access anything the system freezes.

I emailed Nintendo about it, but I'm not in a good mood at all because my warranty is up and I am broke and in debt right now. I can't afford another system due to shitty hardware failure. I just bought a new xbox several months back, because my other 360s had Red Ringed three times between them.

Hold me Poke-GAF :( I thankfully still have my DS Lite so I can keep playing, but I'm going to have an OCD aneurysm if all of my 3DS activity log data, puzzle pieces, hats, and downloaded game progress has been permanently deleted.
Well, at the least, the majority of games and such (stuff in the folders etc.) will be on the SD card, with DSi games being the only unmoveable things. You could just try checking the card through some other card reader to verify that it is fine.

Secondly, you could always let the system drain battery completely, leave it for a bit, and charge it again, with the SD card out. Then, insert it again and see if it works.

Well, at the least, the majority of games and such (stuff in the folders etc.) will be on the SD card, with DSi games being the only unmoveable things. You could just try checking the card through some other card reader to verify that it is fine.

Secondly, you could always let the system drain battery completely, leave it for a bit, and charge it again, with the SD card out. Then, insert it again and see if it works.
I THINK the SD card might be okay, because when Mii Maker is highlighted it still shows my custom Mii's swirling around on the top screen.

I'm not sure how draining the battery would do anything, but I'll try it.

Skel1ingt0n

I can't *believe* these lazy developers keep making file sizes so damn large. Btw, how does technology work?
Going to NY on business this week....

Bring the DSiXL for a better screen, or bring the 3DS for the bonus stuff and street pass hits?

Ah, well.

Staying with da hax I guess

Damn you GTS Negotiations *shakes fist*

You could try with me if you want. I just traded Tekno his Bulbasaur egg so I know my connection works tonight and my Ditto is still in the Daycare ready for breeding. We could at least find out if the problem is on your end. Go ahead and trade me the haxed dude as well.

tranciful

I skipped B/W so this is pretty nice. Just got my Trapinch -- going to train it up to take down bolt badge.

Question though -- It seems that DP/SS/HG are not region free when transfering to B/W 1/2. But if I transfer Japanese pokemon to an english copy of Pearl, for example, can I trade them over then?

You could try with me if you want. I just traded Tekno his Bulbasaur egg so I know my connection works tonight and my Ditto is still in the Daycare ready for breeding. We could at least find out if the problem is on your end. Go ahead and trade me the haxed dude as well.

Damn it I hate that hax'd bastard > : |

Thank you! so what's your FC?

Kokonoe

Banned
I know grinding in a pokemon game is real dumb, but I'm trying to make all my dudes relatively even leveled...

As seen from GAF, that's what majority of people do(here anyway). However, if you want to take it easy, just focus on one or two and catch high level Pokemon along the way.

Acrylic7

this Nyko battery thing on my 3ds is unbelievable, probably the best purchase I made all year.
I still don't need to charge my 3ds :)
Gonna Pokemon myself to sleep.

Roto13

PVhJf.jpg

Esura

Banned
Question. I got dat Black 2 and I want to name the female protag Esura, but I named my Black 1 female protag Esura...and I heard you can transfer your data over. Would that cause any issues?

Aggrotek

I want to get this, but I am poor. I could trade in some of my old games to get credit for this.... but dunno which ones to get rid of.

I own: Soul Sliver, Platinum, White, Black, Fire Red, Sapphire. I kinda wanna keep Platinum and White. And get rid of the others. Platinum so I can chain for shinies and White because it has most of my good Pokemon on it.

What would you do GAF?

I want to get this, but I am poor. I could trade in some of my old games to get credit for this.... but dunno which ones to get rid of.

I own: Soul Sliver, Platinum, White, Black, Fire Red, Sapphire. I kinda wanna keep Platinum and White. And get rid of the others. Platinum so I can chain for shinies and White because it has most of my good Pokemon on it.

What would you do GAF?
If you transferred everything from the GBA ones I don't see any problem.

t26

Question. I got dat Black 2 and I want to name the female protag Esura, but I named my Black 1 female protag Esura...and I heard you can transfer your data over. Would that cause any issues?

No, however when they refer to the character from the first game it will have the same name

I'm not picking this up until Wednesday or Thursday. Is there anywhere I can go to see what kind of pokemon I can catch in the wild in the first couple sections?

t26

What would you do GAF?

Do you have box and manual with Sapphire in good condition? That alone would cover the cost of B/W 2 if you sell that on ebay

Top Bottom