• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Black Version 2/White Version 2 |OT| Zero Shades of Grey

Today marks the beginning of the young Unova lad Tanner's journey, accompanied by his faithful companion, Glory Pig. (I chose Oshawott in Black)

His first day as a Pokemon trainer was an eventful one, as he defeated his longtime rival, Hogarth in a Pokemon battle.

In for some fun times!

Red

1321715404899537.png

so beautiful

I smiled.

I used Oshawott as my starter in White, but I might opt for Tepig in Black 2. Decisions, decisions.

Wow the movie stuff has to be the worst part of this game. I just wish there was a "I don't give a shit" option before they started that whole tour/tutorial.

Secret secrets but I was scared : 0

Does it affect it tho : /

I wanted that bastard sooo bad but I made mistakes

The Cherish Ball is a dead giveaway as only promotional Pokemon are in those. But just be sure to check for weird things like that, OT, where it was met, attacks and abilities next time you trade.

Teknoman

I smiled.

I used Oshawott as my starter in White, but I might opt for Tepig in Black 2. Decisions, decisions.

Always choose a different starter and train different Pokemon in a third version I always say. Of course this is a little different, but the same motto stands.

The Cherish Ball is a dead giveaway as only promotional Pokemon are in those. But just be sure to check for weird things like that, OT, where it was met, attacks and abilities next time you trade.

Yessir

Though I don't that much trades on GTS Negotiations because everybody has a lv. 100 shiny for some reason and I just have the normal stuff.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I guess it shows how 'not serious' i am about this series but whenever i catch a pokemon i dont recognize, i immediately go to bulbapedia to see what it evolves into to decide if i want to keep it or not. Looks>abilities when you're this casual about it.

My Snivy has a Careful nature. Grrr

Good thing it doesn't matter anyway. When I care about natures in a Pokemon I have to properly EV train them too in order to want to use them in anything postgame

Aggrotek

Gunna go with Snivy. I might try to play with different Pokemon that I never use. Will stay away from Archen this time, I used him exclusively in B/W1.

Gravijah

My Snivy has a Careful nature. Grrr

Good thing it doesn't matter anyway. When I care about natures in a Pokemon I have to properly EV train them too in order to want to use them in anything postgame

they give you time to actually check out your Pokemon before a battle this time.

I can't believe there's still no way to skip tutorials. 14 years in, and I still have to sit through someone showing me how to use a goddamn Poke Ball in every single game.

Red

Always choose a different starter and train different Pokemon in a third version I always say. Of course this is a little different, but the same motto stands.
Yeah. I want to try doing something different but I'm not sure what. For White, I used an all-mustachioed team for much of the game (Samurott, Stoutland, etc). Post-game I assembled some of my high-tier favorites from B/W and earlier gens (Metagross, Hydreigon, Tyranitar, Garchomp, Volcarona, and... Cloyster w/ skill link just to have something out of the ordinary). I'm not sure what I'm going to settle on for B2. Usually I have all this planned out before I even start playing. Maybe I'll pay attention to Krookodile this time around. He seemed interesting.

Teknoman

I guess it shows how 'not serious' i am about this series but whenever i catch a pokemon i dont recognize, i immediately go to bulbapedia to see what it evolves into to decide if i want to keep it or not. Looks>abilities when you're this casual about it.

I thought everyone played like that lol. Sometimes my opinion of a Pokemon change depending on what i'm playing though. At least to a certain extent.

Top Bottom