• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Black Version 2/White Version 2 |OT| Zero Shades of Grey

Firestorm

You know who I havent seen in here? Andrex and Firestorm. They sit this one out?
I was able to grab the game a bit early so have played a bit but have been at a friend's all day (still am actually). It's Thanksgiving weekend in Canada so busy :p I'm about 3 hours in. I have taken the last few games fairly slow.

Think I'll get another hour in when I get home. I've been really hooked in Pokemon TCG Online too though XD

Exeunt

yeah, clouds are the first upgrade you want. level 3 beam was kind of a waste for me, Thundurus was very easy to catch.

I've been finding the Pokémon progressively easier to catch, so I'm glad to hear there doesn't seem to be a huge difficulty spike when it comes to the legendaries. Right now I have four Riolu waiting to venture to my yet-to-arrive copy of Black 2, where hopefully one of them will become one of my companions. On the one hand I kind of miss the 3D effect that was in Face Raiders and feel like Dream Radar would look a lot prettier if it were present—but on the other I definitely move around a lot while playing, especially in a "wild Pokémon battle," so I could see how the effect might be lost rather easily. All in all I think the game's actually a pretty nice diversion, and I don't really have any complaints about the price of admission.

backlot

Alright, I was able to get to the 4th gym today. I have to say this game might have the best selection of wild Pokemon of any game yet. You get access to a lot of good ones early on too. I'm really enjoying it so far.

Busaiku

You know, I think this game looks much, much better than Black did on 3DS.
Like if it actually filled the top screen, it could definitely pass for a 3DS game.

Think I'll get another hour in when I get home. I've been really hooked in Pokemon TCG Online too though XD

Speaking of the TCG, when I was shopping for monitors yesterday (I ended up bringing a Philips IPS monitor home along with the cables and adapters in a promotion), I ran into B2W2's launch event along with people TCG'ing.

Busaiku

I still don't get why Cheren gives you the Basic badge.
Ok, he's got normal type Pokemon, but he's a completely different leader in a completely different city.

He should've had a new badge.

ffdgh

I still don't get why Cheren gives you the Basic badge.
Ok, he's got normal type Pokemon, but he's a completely different leader in a completely different city.

He should've had a new badge.

Would you have prefered retaliate lenora again? XD

Ok then...the new beginnings badge.

Teknoman

You know, I think this game looks much, much better than Black did on 3DS.
Like if it actually filled the top screen, it could definitely pass for a 3DS game.

It really does. Also I dunno if its just placebo/new game effect, but it doesnt seem as...filtered as most DS games do in full screen.

Also this has completely knocked Conquest out of my portable rotation...still finishing it at some point, but main series Pokemon games always seem to eat up my portable gaming.

I'm just saying they should've come up with a new badge design.

Could have called it the Neutral Badge or something.

Busaiku

Yeah, I meant that non-filtered look.
The actual sprites or anything aren't noticeably better than Black, but it just doesn't look stretched out at all.

Black kinda hurts my eyes on 3DS.
But this was clearly made with 3DS in mind.

Teknoman

Hmm so does wi-fi level all Pokemon up to 50 or just cap everything at 50? I'll be going after the third badge tomorrow, but by then I should have a decent party/moves to have some just for fun/casual battles, even if i'm slightly underleveled.

Kenai

Glad I have no patience and decided to start this. Was walking out of the factory place with a new Growlithe (Jolly Nature, not bad) when I ran into a shiny Koffing. I haven't seen a random wild shiny since Emerald so I was quite a bit surprised and very happy. The brat made me use up all of my Antidotes though.

Firestorm

Hmm so does wi-fi level all Pokemon up to 50 or just cap everything at 50? I'll be going after the third badge tomorrow, but by then I should have a decent party/moves to have some just for fun/casual battles, even if i'm slightly underleveled.
Flat Battle will put 'em up to 50 iirc. If you mean Global Battle Union random battles, that only brings people down to 50 I think. I'm pretty sure my friend used a LV1 Aron on GBU.

Raxious

k, im gonna pre-order this. However, now the major question is wich one? I have Black here, so does this mean I should go with Black 2?

vall03

holy shit! when a Repel wears off, the game automatically prompts you if you want to use another one! best feature ever! please don't remove this next gen Game Freak! Im still disappointed with no auto-run button here.

Ragus

Banned
holy shit! when a Repel wears off, the game automatically prompts you if you want to use another one.

mayweather-money.gif

Frost_Ace

holy shit! when a Repel wears off, the game automatically prompts you if you want to use another one! best feature ever! please don't remove this next gen Game Freak! Im still disappointed with no auto-run button here.

If this is not carried on in gen IV I'm gonna stab someone.

Start a new save file, then from main menu select Unova link, then memory link and follow the instruction.

Well what are the instructions? My copy won't be here before Friday and Bulbapedia mentioned something about Wi-Fi so does that mean I need to have two DS's to do it?

Esura

Banned
Well what are the instructions? My copy won't be here before Friday and Bulbapedia mentioned something about Wi-Fi so does that mean I need to have two DS's to do it?

I believe so. I used my 3DS and DS for it.

Did anyone noticed that Black 2 looks all washed out on the 3DS for some reason? Like someone just bleached the game compared to when I play it on my DS Lite.

vall03

woah! I guess Im really the only person who prefers to play DS games on the 3DS and think that they look shit on any DS compared to the 3DS, oh well...

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
I think with the 3DS ignorance is bliss. If you have no idea what it looks like on a DS then you probably won't mind it. I played through the whole of Ghostrick on my 3DS no problem.

IrishNinja

i think this thing looks awesome on my 3DS XL. then again, even if it didn't, id still play it here cause of the screen size.

Esura

Banned
woah! I guess Im really the only person who prefers to play DS games on the 3DS and think that they look shit on any DS compared to the 3DS, oh well...

This was actually my first time playing a DS game on a 3DS game. In the back of my mind I was hoping the complaints about this was bull but man. I actually started Black 2 on the 3DS so I didn't know how it would originally looked but I compared it to Black 1 instead.

Well that's a bummer and I guess that means I have to borrow a friends DS for a few minutes :( Thanks for confirming that!

Oh no problem. :)

I had Black 2 since yesterday and I still haven't truly started a new game yet as I can't decide on a name for the MC and Rival. Damn Memory Link.

right there with you bro

thankfully tomorrow should be a lock for me unless Canada Post effs it up

Shyahahahahahahahaaaaa!

Finally I reap the benefits of buying all of my games in stores!

Sorry, other Canadians. Nintendo hates our holidays :( (Punch-Out!! was released on Victoria Day)

Top Bottom