• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Black Version 2/White Version 2 |OT| Zero Shades of Grey

Roto13

The Magma Stone isn't in Reversal Mountain. It's on one of the postgame routes. You then take it back to Reversal Mountain and Heatran appears.

Oh, alright then.

I already have like four Heatrans, but it's good to know I'll have the opportunity to add one more to my Heatran harem. :p

ooh caught a growlithe... hadn't train one since gold lol. When do you evolve them now? I remember it used to be lvl 50 when they learned flamethrower, but I assume stuff is different now?

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
ooh caught a growlithe... hadn't train one since gold lol. When do you evolve them now? I remember it used to be lvl 50 when they learned flamethrower, but I assume stuff is different now?

The last move it learns is at Level 45, Flare Blitz. It's a powerful fire move but causes recoil damage.

EDIT: Grah, beaten.

SaberVulcan

Level 45 is its last attack. Flare Blitz.

Its been forever for me since I used one too, can you still use one of the NPCs to get Extreme Speed if you level past level 36 before evolving?

In other news, just got to first gym, and now my mission is to obtain a Sandshrew. Hes my bro.

Its been forever for me since I used one too, can you still use one of the NPCs to get Extreme Speed if you level past level 36 before evolving?

In other news, just got to first gym, and now my mission is to obtain a Sandshrew. Hes my bro.

ExtremeSpeed is level 34 for Arcanine nowadays. But yes, you can use the Move Relearner to teach it after evolving.

I have never played a pokemon game, and had a few questions:

Is this new version approachable for novices?
Is it better than Black or White?
How does it look on the 3ds xl?

Any other advice for someone looking to get into the series? Any ipad companion app/guide?

Hmmm but arcainine gets extreme speed at 34 right? Are the later fire moves worth it?

Yes. You'd also miss out on Crunch, Heat Wave, and Outrage by evolving early.

It's better to just learn ExtremeSpeed from the move relearner.

Though Flamethrower might be the better attack in-game since recoil damage from Flare Blitz isn't as easily managed over long periods of time...

ffdgh

So I've wasted about an hour making and watching pokestar movies. So many different choices and actions make it kinda addicting.
KuGsj.gif

I have never played a pokemon game, and had a few questions:

Is this new version approachable for novices?
Yes. Not as much as Black and White, fairly self-evidently, but there's rundowns of all the key mechanics if you need them, and the story's easy to follow.

Is it better than Black or White?
I'd say yes. There's a hell of a lot more content, including a very meaty postgame portion.
How does it look on the 3ds xl?
Washed out in full screen mode, very sharp in small mode.

Any other advice for someone looking to get into the series? Any ipad companion app/guide?

There are several options. Personally, I like to use Serebii myself, because he has the info you need laid out very nicely as well as dedicated Pokearth and Game Mechanics pages, but there's also Bulbapedia for a wider, wiki-style view.

Everyone said I was crazy for completing the Prop Case for the Musicals. But thanks to the Memory Link, I got to keep everything in my new game.

Look at this Scraggy!

oR41E.jpg

WHO'S CRAZY NOW?

I had a pretty quiet day today. I woke up early in the morning to get a head start on things, and began my trek to Virbank. Along the way, I encountered many trainers of varying age and skill level, and even battled a toddler who couldn't have been older than 4. How is it that someone so young can have access to a Pokémon right away, and yet I didn't get one until I was 19? Life is cruel.

Upon entering Virbank, I realized that it was much different than the other towns and cities I had visited in the past. While Striaton and Aspertia were quiet, sleepy vales, Virbank was loud, busy and extremely kinetic. I spent hours just exploring every nook, cranny and experience the city had to offer. For one as sheltered and rural as I, it was truly an eye-opening experience.

I noticed posters for a group called "Dogars," which piqued my interest quite a bit. I inquired with one of the multiple busking musicians that occupied the street corners, and she said it was the region's biggest new band, and that it was created and lead by none other than Virbank's Gym Leader, Roxie.

I decided that Jake was too worn out from yesterday's Gym Battle to handle another so soon, and instead opted to explore the Virbank Complex that lay just south of the city.

Amidst the various machines and structures, I lay on my back in the tall grass, looking up at the beautiful blue sky. I wondered if Desmond was looking up at this same sky right now; of if he was off doing more important things. I could've sat there and let my mind drift from thought to thought for an eternity, but my fantasy was interrupted by the approach of a Pokémon.

Its perfect red fur almost shone in the sunlight, offset by its cream-coloured mane. I checked my PokéDex for its name, Growlithe, and knew in an instant that it had to be mine. With one deft toss of a Pokéball, I had attained the newest member of my team and a companion for Jake. After deliberating for a while, I decided to name it Ike after one of my brother's best friends and a dog lover. After initiating him with a few wild battles, I decided to turn in for the day and hurried to the Pokémon Center (but not before graciously receiving the TM for Thief from a friendly worker).

Tomorrow I earn my second badge. I just hope that Ike and Jake are up to the challenge.

-Amaya Kane

Gravijah

so i assume that even though Join Avenue uses Union Room, Global Link, etc to bring people, Black City/White Forest still don't, right?

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Someone explain the trading up thing. If I give my stuff out from Black 1 to my Black 2 copy, do I have to trade a 'mon from Black 2 to Black 1 or is it like Pal Park?

Its perfect red fur almost shone in the sunlight, offset by its cream-coloured mane. I checked my PokéDex for its name, Growlithe, and knew in an instant that it had to be mine. With one deft toss of a Pokéball, I had attained the newest member of my team and a companion for Jake. After deliberating for a while, I decided to name it Ike after one of my brother's best friends and a dog lover. After initiating him with a few wild battles, I decided to turn in for the day and hurried to the Pokémon Center (but not before graciously receiving the TM for Thief from a friendly worker).

Yay!

Someone explain the trading up thing. If I give my stuff out from Black 1 to my Black 2 copy, do I have to trade a 'mon from Black 2 to Black 1 or is it like Pal Park?

You have to trade one Pokémon for another.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Well, that was a weird bug. Two of my pokemon got knocked out in a trio battle, and I couldn't switch them out. I'd click on their replacements and it would just make the selection noise but wouldn't move on to the next action

So how does one 'sync' up their bw1 with bw2?

In BW2's main menu before you start the game, there is an option called Unova Link. Within it is Memory Link.

With BW1 in the cartridge slot on the second DS, you use the download play option to connect and make the transfer.

There is also the option to use the Global Link website to manage it if you only have one DS.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Damn Combees and their stupid 12.5% female rate. I'm really considering just catching a male one and Ditto-breeding until I hatch a female one.

Top Bottom