• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Black Version 2/White Version 2 |OT| Zero Shades of Grey

Nuzlocke Challenge Update: Part (Zap)Dos

That Grimer that I bent the rules a bit about getting in the sewers ended up dying to one of the linebackers in Big Stadium, so it turned out to be a good thing that I got a Trubbish. Decided to backtrack from Nimbasa to the Desert Resort and caught a Scraggy there and captured a Yamask inside the Relic Castle. For the first time in this run, I had a full party. Roggenrola evolved around this point.

From there, I decided to do some leveling up before entering the Nimbasa gym. I came dangerously close to losing Scraggy to a Hoopster in Small Court (as in, I finished the fight with 2 HP left), which would have been a disaster. Between the Grimer KO and a close shave with Scraggy, I'm going to avoid returning to the Nimbasa stadiums until the postgame.

During the fight with Elesa,
Boldore made short work out of Emolga and Zebstrika, but I found Flaaffy's Volt Switch was doing too much damage to each Pokemon I swapped in, so I brought in Yamask, hoping to Disable it. Unfortunately, that turn it used Thunder Wave instead. I got stuck in a cycle of hitting Flaaffy one turn and healing Yamask with Soda Pop the other turn, but then Volt Switch did a critical hit and Yamask got killed. I finished Flaaffy off with Pignite.

Picked up a Ducklett on Driftveil Bridge and a Karrablast on Route 6. I was hoping for a Deerling or a Swadloon to help with Clay and Marlon, but the Random Number God must be balancing out my good luck with getting a Scraggy. I'll have to make do with Ducklett.

Current team:

Pignite
Trubbish
Minccino
Scraggy
Ducklett
Boldore

Half these guys are weak to Ground, so Driftveil Gym might pose a problem. I may have to swap in that Karrablast if Ducklett can't get 'er done by herself.

Roto13

There should be an album release of all the various battle themes from Pokemon games. Loving this Rival theme enough to just let it play.

There should be an album release of all the various battle themes from Pokemon games. Loving this Rival theme enough to just let it play.

0.jpg

^The best money you will ever spend on music (contains every track from BW2, Platinum and Emerald).

abrack08

asking again, what's a good early fire pokemon you can catch in black 2?

A couple people said Growlithe, which is a good choice. Black 2 also has a Magby pretty early, and you can get an Eevee and a fire stone before the third gym I think (not sure about the stone, I don't know if you can go out into Route 4 without getting the third badge, that's where I got mine).

I am there right now and counted since you mentioned it. It's definitely 100 yards. Did you accidentally count the first goal line?

Probably. The sad thing is I walked the field twice and still came up with 105 yards! Oh well, I just got off a ferriswheel with a chick and made her all hot and sweaty. that's a sign that she likes me

Trey

I cheated and traded a bred Chimchar from W1 over to my B2 game. That third gym is about to get it not-so-gently.

Busaiku

Does C-Gear drain the battery in addition to WiFi being on?
I thought it just functioned as any other game with WiFi on, but I'm not getting much play time at all.

Only geting about 4 hours on 3DS, with power saving off and on brightness 3 (and of course WiFi on).
I still get about 3.75 hours for Code of Princess (same settings), so the battery's definitely not worse off or anything.

Team update after gym battle #4.

KmgP8.jpg

MikeMyers was doing it all in the gym battle until Zebstrika hit with Flame Charge. Which left Exterminie to clean up with Earthquake on Zebstrika and Stone Edge on Emolga.

We're a little under-leveled, but it's fine when you already have all of your TM moves. Haha.

Busaiku

Man, why the heck will Liepard not get caught with a Pokeball.
Trying to capture everything with standard Pokeballs is so much trouble...

zroid

Banned
The multiplayer implementation in this gen is so good, and yet it just makes me fantasize about how StreetPass and SpotPass might be leveraged in G6.

Like, asynchronous trading, hnnngh

BoSox06DH

Is is lucky that I caught an Eevee within 15 seconds of walking on the grass? I wasn't even thinking about him at the time, then I saw him and I was like "Sure, why not." Probably never see another one for some time if I tried. Anyway I'm loving this game a lot simply because you can bulid your "dream" team way earlier than any past games.

Rocking a team of Snivy, Flaaffy, Growlithe, Riolu and Swablu currently. BTW I have a Magby that I'm not crazy about, I wouldn't mind trading the little guy for an Elekid if anyone's interested.

Top Bottom