• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Black Version 2/White Version 2 |OT| Zero Shades of Grey

Salsa

alright, poppin this (though I wont get to play it seriously for a while)

AM I A BOY OR A GIRL THE BOY'S HAIR IS TERRIBLE

Salsa

I like the girl way more in artwork but not in sprite, went with ridiculous hair guy

edit: also, great, I hadnt taken out my DSi XL in months and apparently it got 2 particles of dust under the touchscreen

dang it

Ragus

Banned
I gokt my copy...

in german. GOD FUCKING DAMN IT. I'm so fucking pissed right now that I want to crush mountains.

For fucks sake.

MarkusRJR

I started a new game in Pokemon White to make me not spend my limited money on White 2. I wish wasn't broke.

Also, Pokemon B/W look so gross on a 3DS. I'd make it native but then it's too small. :(

Kokonoe

Banned
I started a new game in Pokemon White to make me not spend my limited money on White 2. I wish wasn't broke.

Also, Pokemon B/W look so gross on a 3DS. I'd make it native but then it's too small. :(

I think the only thing worse than that is trying to play Pokemon with the circlepad.

Frost_Ace

If you have it on, turn power saving mode off. It makes the game much cleaner.

MicH

Thank god, finally! Just got the word that my copy of Black 2 has been dispatched so I'll have it for release tomorrow! :D I can't wait to dig into this!

JordanKZ

The problem with older Pokémon appearing in this game is that I fear I'll do nothing but stick with the ones I've always used. At least B&W forced you to try new ones (which I did and really enjoyed).

Although I'm going to resist doing the easy thing and trading for the starters online... Maybe.

But older Pokémon are so awesome.

s5e3F.jpg

GAME have failed me. My copy did not arrive today. Sure the UK release is tomorrow but most of the time GAME delivers games a day early :(

Black 2 obtained, this may well be my last ever chunky PAL DS box that takes up a tad too much shelf space, I wont miss these boxes.

Having played for 30 minutes or so i've been besieged by potions from everywhere, break into someone's house? have a potion! story event coming up? have a potion! shady man in the backstreets? have a "potion"! Not that i'm complaining, it saves me those precious poke dollars (that I hoard and use on little).
I like how already in my first trainer battle I got whomped with a critical and then did the old "hit them with a critical at 1HP", this series...
Alder so early on in the game, marking out for him and his theme!

Also my first ever female starter, this was a sign that I really should've gone with bun head girl instead of palm tree boy.

Oh no, i've been hit by Ash Ketchum syndrome, no matter how many regions i've traversed and conquered since the last nineties i've just gone and lost to a motherfudgin' Dunsparce of all things, why are you using the defence curl and rollout combo this early in the game? what madness is this?! THE SHAME!
First time i've been beaten by a standard in game trainer since that X special Kadabra in Platinum swept my shit.

This Mareep i've got is brittle and underpowered, it is unworthy of being named The Flock like its Heart Gold predecessor.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Eh. Given it some though and I think I'll get this after all.

Deciding the day before release. The best time to order it online(!)

Blegh, I don't know how close Riolu is to evolving. I'm going to go ahead and guess he is in the middle due to what Bianca says..sigh. If only I really knew.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Okay so I think I may just be getting old but...

I've only got the first badge and I've already had two close calls where I almost lost.

First battle of the effing game vs. the rival and he crit hits me to 3hp. I was just lucky he used leer on his next turn otherwise I would have lost

First gym battle, Cheren OHKOs 3 of my 4 pokemon with that damn work up crap.

On second thought no it's not that I suck it must be the game that is bad. Yes I will believe this.

beje

Banned
My game is already delivered, can't wait to arrive home! I completely expected Amazon Spain to bork it up (because tomorrow is a bank holiday here) and make me wait until Monday.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
FUCK YEAR, Growlithe caught.

Get your ugly starter ass in my box, Pignite. >:|

Mr. Sam

FUCK YEAR, Growlithe caught.

Get your ugly starter ass in my box, Pignite. >:|

My plan exactly. I've already got that otter thing and the grass snake thing from Black & White - I'll choose Pignite then drop his dopey ass at the soonest opportunity for a majestic Arcanine.

Update for gym #6.

rlVxl.jpg

This battle...didn't go as planned.

Dwebble took an Acrobatics before getting to use Stone Edge, but he OHKO'd Swoobat.

Combusken brings Skarmory down to 1 HP (Sturdy saved it). Air Cutter gets a critical hit and a OHKO on Combusken. Skyla uses a Hyper Potion, and I try Scraggy. He survives one Air Cutter, and his second Hi Jump Kick KO's Skarmory.

I switch to Dwebble for Swanna, get KO'd by Bubblebeam. Toss out Chikorita, he gets OHKO'd by Air Slash, Axew gets KO'd, then Scraggy gets KO'd. Beef the Seadra saves the day with two Ice Beams to KO Swanna.

It's rare that I work through the whole rotation. I could have saved myself some trouble by going straight to Beef, but he was my back-up for when all else failed. I really wanted someone else to get the win this time since he did the whole last gym by himself. ;/

I feel kind of bad for Burgh, since Aerodactyl wrecked through his entire gym, gaining 3 levels in the process. Time to go show Elesa how well volt switch works against ground types.

Team update after gym battle #5.

6NBC6.jpg

Beef solo'd this entire gym with Surf OHKOs against every Pokémon in the gym. It's also the first time he's had a chance to do anything important.

That's after the 5th gym? I haven't even gotten to Elesa yet, I've just been exploring the routes and going through Nimbasa and my Dewott is already Lv. 30!

Also, the sweaty babysitter with the Swadloon who wants to take off her clothes on the ferris wheel with you is definitely the new Youngster Joey. I got to that part of Nimbasa right before I quit night and I couldn't stop laughing.

Trey

Monferno brought hot, fiery death to Burgh and his lackeys. It was glorious.

My Riolu didn't evolve until lv31. Poor bastard must have hated me.

That's after the 5th gym? I haven't even gotten to Elesa yet, I've just been exploring the routes and going through Nimbasa and my Dewott is already Lv. 30!

Also, the sweaty babysitter with the Swadloon who wants to take off her clothes on the ferris wheel with you is definitely the new Youngster Joey. I got to that part of Nimbasa right before I quit night and I couldn't stop laughing.

I had fought every trainer in the game up to that point. It takes a lot of experience to keep six Pokémon evenly leveled.

And I still have no idea what to think about the sweaty Ferris wheel ride. I guess it's the replacement for the woman who cries on you in the first game.

Apenheul

Sorry if this question has been answered before, but I gave a copy of Pokemon White 2 to a friend of mine who had previously played Black 1 and he desperately wants to exchange it for my copy of Black 2 because he says that the legendary of White 1 are the same as in Black 2, so he wouldn't be able to complete his Pokedex if he owned White 1 & Black 2. I'm not a hardcore Pokemon fan but I enjoy the games, so I don't particularly have a preference for either version, but is what he said true?

Sorry if my question sounds confusing, basically he meant to say that he should own Black 2 because he played Black 1 already.

Aerodactyl... did you transfer one from past games or is it in B2W2?

I transferred one, which hatched knowing rock slide. It's been mildly unfair to most things I've run into so far, although Burgh himself almost got it (string shot->smack down->razor leaf).

If it's in this one, I haven't gotten that far.

Mr. Sam

I'm not a hardcore Pokemon fan but I enjoy the games, so I don't particularly have a preference for either version, but is what he said true?

In so many words, yes - but wouldn't a simpler solution be for you two to just trade legendaries? Trading is an important part of Pokemon.

ffdgh

Sorry if this question has been answered before, but I gave a copy of Pokemon White 2 to a friend of mine who had previously played Black 1 and he desperately wants to exchange it for my copy of Black 2 because he says that the legendary of White 1 are the same as in Black 2, so he wouldn't be able to complete his Pokedex if he owned White 1 & Black 2. I'm not a hardcore Pokemon fan but I enjoy the games, so I don't particularly have a preference for either version, but is what he said true?

Sorry if my question sounds confusing, basically he meant to say that he should own Black 2 because he played Black 1 already.

Yeah he's right. The legend you don't catch in black 1 or black 2 is catchable in their 2nd versions.

zroid

Banned
There actually was a wif-fi event several months ago which gave out the legendary not ordinarily available in your game. It's a shame your friend missed out on that!

Top Bottom