• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Black Version 2/White Version 2 |OT| Zero Shades of Grey

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Random Mandibuzz in the desert? i'll take it as I was considering one anyway, always felt that this pokemon turned up too late in the previous game as well as needing to reach like mid fifties to evolve from Vullaby.
Some guy in a nearby house mentioned about birds in the area on Thursdays so I guess the version exclusive bird sets itself down there each week?

It has its hidden ability.

Okay so... I'm playing White 1 right now and I realize that this is the B/W 2 thread, but I don't know where else to turn at this point. I've been trying to make sense out of breeding guides online, and I get it for the most part I just am a little confused on the exact process I'd have to go through in order to get a Scolipede with Toxic Spikes. If anyone can assist me in this, I'd greatly appreciate it as I'm wracking my brain and don't want to waste time with trial and error if at all possible.

Frost_Ace

Okay so... I'm playing White 1 right now and I realize that this is the B/W 2 thread, but I don't know where else to turn at this point. I've been trying to make sense out of breeding guides online, and I get it for the most part I just am a little confused on the exact process I'd have to go through in order to get a Scolipede with Toxic Spikes. If anyone can assist me in this, I'd greatly appreciate it as I'm wracking my brain and don't want to waste time with trial and error if at all possible.

Breed a female scolipede (or pre-evo) with a male beedrill,forrestress,skorupi or drapion that knows toxic spikes.

ffdgh

Mmk male pokemon pass down egg moves so pair a female scolipede with a male pokemon in the same egg group that knows the move like beedrill,forretress and or a drapion.

Oh darn too slow.

So unless I missed something, I have to wait until I get the National Pokedex and catch a male Pineco when there is a swarm of them at Route 16, then level it up to evolve into Forretress and get Toxic Spikes, then mate it with a female Venipede/Whirlipede/Scolipede?

The Venipede level shouldn't matter, right? And newly hatched Pokemon as a result of breeding start out at level 1 or what?

The reason I singled out Pineco is because unless I'm mistaken, the other Pokemon aren't available in White unless I trade.

gosox333

the ability to get punched and lose ones defence is quite the hidden ability, even with the speed boost i'm not sure how I feel about this, then again the Buzzards defence seems pretty poor to begin with.

Mandibuzz's defenses are the best thing about it. Maybe you got one with a crappy nature.

ffdgh

If I use this to transfer my 4th gen pokemon to White 2 before beating the Elite 4, will there be any metadata that taints my pokemon?

As long as they are already legit, Nope none at all. Tho if you don't have an account, they will be given a peimer ribbon to prevent future trading.

Mandibuzz's defenses are the best thing about it. Maybe you got one with a crappy nature.

Oh yeah, I was looking at its special attack for some reason, hey it's like one line below!
Still a crappy nature though as that awful special attack is what's being spruced up at the expense of my special defence.

Does thehabitat list show water Pokemon?
Yeah - when you select an area, there should be a button on the bottom to switch between water and land pokes. You can also press left and right.

Also, next to the area tag, it shows green for land areas, and blue for sea areas, with separate completion markers for each one.

Emitan

why

670531056.jpg

Red

Yeah - when you select an area, there should be a button on the bottom to switch between water and land pokes. You can also press left and right.

Also, next to the area tag, it shows green for land areas, and blue for sea areas, with separate completion markers for each one.

Thanks.

ffdgh

And the champion is defeated with the power of coil and leaf blade
KuGsj.gif

Completion time 67:05

And best of all the challenge key and nursey store in the joint avenue is unlocked.

Onward to an actual postgame this time.

zroid

Banned
Dammit, I found the Riolus so easily on my sham run. Multiple, even. Now that I've started for reals they refuse to appear. :(

beje

Banned
Great, I got a Druddigon as my first Pokémon from the Dream World :DDDDD

I forgot what Pokerus does, but i got it on some of my Pokemon. Anyone care to explain?

Extra effort points, which means that the pokémon will increase their hidden bonuses much faster as long as they're infected. Try to infect some of your pokémon (it happens by being in the same team) and keep an specimen in the PC to re-infect others later on if you need it. As far as I know, the effect goes away after midnight but I'm not completely sure if they changed it for this game.

also

Banned
For Europeans looking for a deal, Black and White2 are only £25.95 on Thehut, Zavvi. Be warned though, the shipping sometimes takes a long time.

TheHut also got a redesign and is sending out 10% off codes to existing accounts. I think they do not work on preorders, so you will have to wait ~45min for UK to reach 12.10.

Answers will vary from person to person. I think it looks just fine on the 3DS and I haven't had any issues other than the stupid battery not lasting long enough. And I haven't used any of the other modes, just the default one.

D-Pad

Answers will vary from person to person. I think it looks just fine on the 3DS and I haven't had any issues other than the stupid battery not lasting long enough. And I haven't used any of the other modes, just the default one.

Same here. Looks fine and battery sucks.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Wait, if a DS cart is in my 3DS but the DS game isn't running, is it in DS mode?

Gonna be pissed if that's the reason I haven't got StreetPasses the past two days.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
What level should you evolve Growlithe?

45 is the final level it learns a new move, but whether you want it or not is up to you. It's Flare Blitz, a high-power Fire attack that causes recoil damage. At 43 is Outrage, a Dragon attack that causes confusion. At 41 is Heat Wave, another high power Fire attack.

I just evolved mine because I wanted Flare Blitz and Outrage, so yeah. Just look up its moveset, since you won't be able to relearn any of Growlithe's moves through Heart Scales after you evolve it.

So this girl is telling me in great detail how much she's sweating. What should I do, Girl Age?
Introduce her to Charles. He's a heartbreaker...

45 is the final level it learns a new move, but whether you want it or not is up to you. It's Flare Blitz, a high-power Fire attack that causes recoil damage. At 43 is Outrage, a Dragon attack that causes confusion. At 41 is Heat Wave, another high power Fire attack.
Thanks. I suppose I'll wait until 45.

Top Bottom