• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Black Version 2/White Version 2 |OT| Zero Shades of Grey

Red

I'm having a tough time getting rustling grass. In White I was a one-man Audino final solution. I'm at gym 4 now and have only seen two.

Gravijah

I transferred one, which hatched knowing rock slide. It's been mildly unfair to most things I've run into so far, although Burgh himself almost got it (string shot->smack down->razor leaf).

If it's in this one, I haven't gotten that far.

ah well, i guess Mandibuzz will be my flying Pokemon!

That's after the 5th gym? I haven't even gotten to Elesa yet, I've just been exploring the routes and going through Nimbasa and my Dewott is already Lv. 30!

Also, the sweaty babysitter with the Swadloon who wants to take off her clothes on the ferris wheel with you is definitely the new Youngster Joey. I got to that part of Nimbasa right before I quit night and I couldn't stop laughing.

True fact: that trainer is male in the Japanese version. He's disguising himself as a woman so he can be allowed to work as a nursery aide.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Poll: Who here has level grinded at some point in the game so far? How many badges do you have?

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
I bought white, but black 2 has better pokemon and the better key than white 2. Same legendary in white 1 and black 2 though :(

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
The cosmos are laughing at me.
After a friend traded me a Level 47 female Combee that I would level up once later, I found a female Combee in the Lostlorn Forest. *sighs* At least it makes my 649 attempt easier.

I also caught the Weekly Mandibuzz in Black 2 and traded it over to White 2, I'll breed it in the post game for Vullaby. I do find it annoying that the Day Care is closed off until the post game. Oh well.

brinstar

Poll: Who here has level grinded at some point in the game so far? How many badges do you have?

I grinded my Magby to level 30 in Lostlorn forest before my 4th badge. It wasn't because I was stuck or anything though, I was just sick of my Magby getting his ass kicked.

Red

I grinded my Magby to level 30 in Lostlorn forest before my 4th badge. It wasn't because I was stuck or anything though, I was just sick of my Magby getting his ass kicked.

Why not use a different Pokemon? Magby seems sort of useless regardless of the level.

In other news: I raised my Riolu all damn night wondering why he wouldn't evolve, then realized this morning it had to be done during the day. One more level and yup, Lucario.

gosox333

I grind to 15 before the first badge, and then make sure my entire team is five levels higher each gym battle.

Aspertia: Level 15
Virbank: Level 20

And so on. It ends up being a ton of grinding, but at this point I've been playing like this for so long, I can't imagine not doing it this way.

zroid

Banned
I grind to 15 before the first badge, and then make sure my entire team is five levels higher each gym battle.

Aspertia: Level 15
Virbank: Level 20

And so on. It ends up being a ton of grinding, but at this point I've been playing like this for so long, I can't imagine not doing it this way.

I'm a grinder too, can't help myself :(

Even during my sham run through the first gym yesterday I got Tepig up to 15 and steamrolled Cheren.

Trey

I evolved Monferno before the fifth gym, but you can hardly call boosted EXP grinding. Also brought Lucario and Excadrill to lv31. Clay's lackeys provided much needed EXP for my lagging Dewott.

I dropped Flaaffy out of my main party. He's not worth the effort, and will be replaced soon any way. Dewott will be benched as soon as I get a Magikarp.

Red

I used to grind before B/W. With scaling exp. it's kind of pointless now. You end up right where you need to be at any given place just by playing normally.

I just beat the Mistralton gym. I haven't level grinded at all really, except catch pokemon I caught up to the rest of the group, but all these were caught early so I haven't done that in a while. Never used any exp boosting items.

My team is basically:

Arcanine - 34 (yes I chose to evolve early, don't care about blitz)
Braviary - 33
Samurott - 36
Lucario - 34
Ampharos - 35 or 36, I forget.

Good times.

D-Pad

Had to grind for 5th gym, working on my sixth badge right now. Raising six Pokemon is really a lot of work.

True fact: that trainer is male in the Japanese version. He's disguising himself as a woman so he can be allowed to work as a nursery aide.

SnZNam.jpg

ffdgh

Hmm this is spoilers but I suppose it need to be said.

After you beat the e4, a certain pokemon will lead you to a certain place in victory road but if you leave the area while following that pokemon and come back, it will be stuck in the spot and won't move which mean you won't be able to experience certain important things.

And heres a video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cZPfeBxQa4g.

Tho being honest I'm not sure if it has been fixed but better safe than sorry

Red

Hmm this is spoilers but I suppose it need to be said.

After you beat the e4, a certain pokemon will lead you to a certain place in victory road but if you leave the area while following that pokemon and come back, it will be stuck in the spot and won't move which mean you won't be able to experience certain important things.

Elaborate? Can you be more specific about what needs to be done/not be done in order to not miss the opportunity?

Red

Apparently from what I can gather, don't leave victory road or use fly.

After what point? As soon as you get there? After you reenter following the E4? If you have a link or something with more info that would be awesome. Like, can you backtrack to a nearby Pokemon center (I'm assuming Victory Road and the E4 are connected), or does leaving at all block your progress?

Oh god this fucking lady on route 4. Every time.

ffdgh

Err it weird to explain going by the video in my post. I'm guessing don't stop following it?

It will just stay in one spot and not move at all by the looks of it if the glitch is in effect.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
So what should I do? Black 2 is superior to white 2, but I bought white, so in order to get the other legendary, I would need to get white 2. :(

ED Cantu

I bought black the past year, so this time I bought white 2, I think White 2 has better pokemon and the worst key. I´m trying to beat the game relatively slowly hoping that one of my friends that bought Black 2 will pass me the challenge key.

Anyway I chose Snivy and I'm proud of it.

Roto13

Is there a reward for getting all 649 Pokemon in Black/White 1? (Something different from what you get for getting the first 646?)
This makes me really wish you could force people into double battles, so it would be possible to one-turn her with earthquake or something.

She's not even the only one. Other routes have similarly annoying breeders.

BatDan

I'm giving up on Black 2 for now, I've got a good number of the exclusives in my copy of White I could just trade over. My team is just far too weak, and I already invested all my grinding patience into White 2.
I'll just use my copy of Black 2 to get events. Like how I used both Black and White to get Keldeo.

Is there a reward for getting all 649 Pokemon in Black/White 1? (Something different from what you get for getting the first 646?)

She's not even the only one. Other routes have similarly annoying breeders.
Yep, you get
an item that makes it easier to catch Shinies

And apparently, it's a feature of the Breeder class to always challenge you when you enter an area. IRENE *shakes fist*

Where y'all get Firestone?

And am the only one that kept genesect in the party?

Love his back sprite, doesn't hurt that pretty much just fire can hurt it.

ffdgh

Where y'all get Firestone?

And am the only one that kept genesect in the party?

Love his back sprite, doesn't hurt that pretty much just fire can hurt it.

you can find one in the desert resort to the far left where a female backpacker is. You need the item finder to....well find it.

BatDan

One good thing I can say about the Breeders? Money-making! Using the Amulet Coin, Irene gives me over 1000 Pokedollars a fight. Combine that with all the other breeders and one can afford the Pokemart TMs easily. Along with Amulet Coin + Nimbasa Stadiums (those give like 5000 Pokedollars a trainer with the coin).

Game is so weird. Like there are tons of stretches with zero battles.

Good stuff. Liking the world which is never a big deal usually, but I guess to due to skipping b/w.

Random Mandibuzz in the desert? i'll take it as I was considering one anyway, always felt that this pokemon turned up too late in the previous game as well as needing to reach like mid fifties to evolve from Vullaby.
Some guy in a nearby house mentioned about birds in the area on Thursdays so I guess the version exclusive bird sets itself down there each week?

Top Bottom