• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Black Version 2/White Version 2 |OT| Zero Shades of Grey

Nuzlocke Challenge Update: Part (Dug)Tri(o) (alternately, "Bad choices get my pokemon killed" Edition)

So like I said earlier, I was worried about how my party would fare against the Driftveil gym, so I did a bunch of Audino farming outside the Weather Center on Route 6. The training paid off, since I bulldozed my way through Clay's trainers. Scraggy took care of
Clay's first two Pokemon with no problem, but then when he threw out his Excadrill and used Bulldoze to get him in critical condition, I decided to switch over to my Karrablast. I figured his bug-type would resist Bulldoze, and I intended to bring him in anyway because he was holding the Amulet Coin. Instead of using Bulldoze, it used Rock Slide. So long Karrablast, and thanks for the Amulet Coin bonus. My greed got Karrablast killed. I brought in Ducklett and Featherdanced Excadrill's attack all the way down, then Bubblebeamed him to death.

Scraggy swept about 2/3 of the Pokemon in the Driftveil Tournament. Trubbish got killed in the double battle with Team Plasma because I got cocky and didn't heal earlier. Why couldn't the AI have targeted Hugh's pokemon instead?

My dumb decisions continued. I entered Chargestone Cave and encountered a Ferroseed. I bring in Minccino, thinking I'll damage it and then use Sing to put it to sleep. I use Tail Slap and I immediately realize my mistake as poor little Minccino takes damage five times from Iron Barbs, before getting finished off by Ferroseed's Gyro Ball. At least I catch Ferroseed to make up for losing Minccino, right? It doesn't last long. I use my new Ferroseed to fight the doctor on B1's Solosis, chipping away at it with Metal Claw. Solosis uses Endeavor and I get hit with Future Sight that same turn. I barely knew ya, Ferroseed. I leave Chargestone Cavern with neither Minccino nor Ferroseed.

I caught a Foongus and my Ducklett evolved on Route 7, at least. Now I need to level up Boldore to deal with
Skyla

My fallen Pokemon:
YTiAO.jpg

Current Party:

Roto13

What does a Yamask do when it dies? Does it look at its mask that used to be its mask that used to be its face and cry about how it used to cry about how it used to be alive?

MikeMyers

-Goes to train Starmie
-First trainer I fight has Electric Pokemon
-Second trainer I fight has Grass Pokemon
-Third Trainer I fight has Ghost Pokemon

-_-

Red

My team right now is

1. Lucario
2. Pignite
3. Ampharos
4. Bibarel (HM slave from White)
5. Tropius (HM slave from White)
6. Zorua (this slot changes, it's for evolving + Pokedex building... though I do like Zoruark, and this particular Zorua is not half bad)

I want to add a water type somewhere. Right now all I have on that front are my water HMs on Bibarel.

Just beat gym 5.

Right here, and i've never used one for that matter.

This is the first time I have. He is really good. Never gave him a fair shot before. Great coverage, fast, hits hard.

Teknoman

I've got a special attack Lucario trained from before...so maybe i'll sit this one aside in favor of something i've never trained. Btw can you catch Drillbur before the fourth gym?

Ondore

You can get Drilbur before the 3rd gym, actually. Back end of the Castelia Sewers has an entrance to Relic Passage with Drilbur.

This is the first time I have. He is really good. Never gave him a fair shot before. Great coverage, fast, hits hard.

He certainly looks good but something about a lot of the overly popular pokemon never goes down that well with me. Kind of reminds me how i've rarely used dragons.
Guess I get tired of seeing them everywhere in everyone's teams.

Just beat Skyla's gym and this little guy has become my best Pokemon.

tumblr_lri4qkkvv41r1yhvno1_500.jpg

Lv. 45. Flare Blitz, Flamethrower, Crunch and Outrage with Intimidate. He's destroying everything and he pairs perfectly with my other main man right now...

tumblr_lksu6tPlTZ1qdv1e4o1_500.jpg

Also Lv. 45. Hydro Cannon, Megahorn, Dig and Revenge.

I LOVE THIS GAME!

isny

napkin dispenser
Psyduck sucks. i need a new Water Pokemon.

I'm using him over Oshawott as Osh sucks =/

I decided to not pick a fire or grass pokemon for once and it didn't pay off =(

I'm at the second gym now and my team consists of:

lv18 Riolu, Growlithe, Genesect, and Psyduck

I have a lv13 Oshawott and Sunkern but both of them are meeeh =(

Wichu

tumblr_lksu6tPlTZ1qdv1e4o1_500.jpg

Also Lv. 45. Hydro Cannon, Megahorn, Dig and Revenge.

I LOVE THIS GAME!

Your first pic doesn't work for me.

Also, Oshawott starter represent!

I've only just picked mine up. He's pretty chill.

Oda ** Oshawott (male)
Adamant nature, somewhat vain

We're going to kick all kinds of ass :)

Terrakion needs to be nice like his previous brother and get in the Ultra Ball.

EDIT: Never mind, a Net Ball will do. Gengar is the king of nabbing these legendaries.

I beat Roxie and made a movie. Magnemite is hilariously broken as always although I have no idea where to evolve Magneton into Magnezone.

183.png
81.png
499.png

Also I did the old Down-B trick on an Elekid and it worked. Fuck you, Elekid, using up most of my Pokéballs.

Teknoman

Alright, i've run into two Sigilyphs and one Scraggy that werent a different color, but had some sorta...shiny gleam effect when encountering them. What does that mean?

ffdgh

Alright, i've run into two Sigilyphs and one Scraggy that werent a different color, but had some sorta...shiny gleam effect when encountering them. What does that mean?

They belonged to N, have 30 iv in each stat, and all have a hidden power fighting with 70 base power.

Teknoman

They belonged to N, have 30 iv in each stat, and all have a hidden power fighting with 70 base power.

Whoa...and I killed that Sigil too x_x. At least I was smart enough to snag the Scraggy. Thats kinda cool that there is a sorta second tier "shiny" in the game.

EulaCapra

I decided not to evolve my level 20 female Oshawatt because it just wouldn't be right. I think I want an ever-lasting bonding moment like in the anime with Ash and Pikachu and Dawn and her never-evolving-because-you're-too-damn-cute Piplup.

Plus, I can always slave breed her so her babies can evolve into something 50x bigger than a Oshawatt.

Neo Child

Banned
At least I'm not the only one who still does down + b! =D

ive been doing this since red and blue

hold down when ball is thrown and then hold b when the pokemons in the ball

caught me a mewtwo with a pokeball on blue cause i wasted it on zapdos

Teknoman

He doesnt have moxie, and is lax...but why the hell not. I'll train him!

EDIT: Oh right, you cant nickname someone's pokemon... decisions decisions...

suikodan

Anyone has an extra Keldeo for the first Black/White versions to trade?

I missed the EBGames giveaway :(

I don't have anything special to trade though.

Thanks

ffdgh

Audinos on route 1 go as high as 59(?). 9 levels higher than the first games.

earning 12K exp with a lucky egg and a exp points boost ↑↑ at lvl 67 is soo nice.

Boogiepop

Just got the game today and got up through the third gym. Game's been pretty cool thus far, but the sewers were incredibly cruel/trollish. Having to walk around with your rival in a "cave" filled with almost nothing but rattata and zubat? And then on top of that the jerk kept using waterspout for some reason! Yes, that's really going to help you beat that zubat, especially when I'm using the fire starter. Bleh. Mostly I was just worried I'd run into a damn shiny and have him kill it, which fortunately didn't occur. Probably didn't help that I took the longest possible route to where I should have went by accident, heh.

Fortunately, the third gym was really, really cool. And my riolu is now a lucario, so yay!

BTW, has anyone figured out if the C-gear still breaks your playtime in sleep mode? For now I'm just avoiding sleep mode, but it'd be nice if I didn't have to.

My current team is:
Flaafy lvl 16,
Sewaddle lvl 16,
Magnemite lvl 17,
Magby lvl 17,
Dewott lvl 17,
and Genesect lvl 17.

I'm at the third gym, at the moment, and I don't know how/what I want to switch my Flaafy with yet.

Acrylic7

lol, out of nowhere
Hugh:
Five years ago..... Team Plasma stole my little sister's Purrloin

music changed up and everything.

Top Bottom