• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Black Version 2/White Version 2 |OT| Zero Shades of Grey

DryvBy

I'd do just about anything to somehow get a Mew. I've wanted a legit Mew since day one of my adventures. Anyone have any awesome ideas to obtain one?

zroid

Banned
I'd do just about anything to somehow get a Mew. I've wanted a legit Mew since day one of my adventures. Anyone have any awesome ideas to obtain one?

They just had a Mew event about a year or so ago. :(

Probably won't be another one for a while, at least.

(EDIT: 2 years ago, apparently)

Acrylic7

If I keep restarting every-time I get a male Zorua from this guy, can I eventually get a female?

or will it always be male?

CoolS

I've got plenty of them sitting around from a Pokemon Day a few years ago. Do you maybr have something nice to offer in return?;)

MikeMyers

Beat the 8th gym!

059be57c14e611e28e1522000a1ea03a_7.jpg

Dude Crobat is awesome. I took out so many random things with it, like the Drayden's Flygon.

789shadow

Banned
My poor Espeon simply isn't getting enough use, while my Lucario just can't stop leveling up. I'm gonna need to grind a bit on Audino.

MikeMyers

Beat the E4 without Lucario or Magnezone!

Here's who beat who:

Spoilers, obviously;
Caitin:
Musharna - Zoroark
Sigilypgh - Zoroark
Reuniclus - Zoroark
Gothitelle - Zoroark

Shauntal:
Confagrigus - Zoroark
Drifblim - Stoutland
Golurk - Zoroark
Chandelure - Stoutland

Grimsley:
Liepard - Skarmory
Scrafty - Crobat
Krookodile - Skarmory
Bisharp - Zoroark

Marshal:
Throh - Crobat
Sawk - Crobat
Miensho - Crobat
Conkeldurr - Roserade

Iris:
Hydregion - Starmie
Druddigon - Starmie
Aggron - Starmie
Archeops - Skarmory
Lapras - Roserade
Haxoros - Zoroark

Exeunt

I'm getting ready to acquire my fourth badge now; my team is currently Lucario, Dewott, Growlithe, and Drilbur. Not much has changed since I last posted except I caught an Adamant Drilbur from the first dust cloud I found so I added the little guy to my team. He came in handy during my Desert Resort training session, during which I also picked up a Fire Stone so I can evolve Growlithe once he's learned all his good moves. I really like the new Pokémon selection and overall it feels like more has changed than your standard "third version" so far.

Join Avenue seems pretty neat as well. I have a couple shops set up and I started levelling up my EV-training centre thanks to the people with whom I've traded Magnemite over the GTS. The music is quite charming—most of the new tracks are really nice actually.

Anyway, I'm taking this game a little more slowly than I have in the past and maybe I'll even get more enjoyment out of the storyline this way.

Rarutos

Okay, so I went through the game with pretty lukewarm feelings with the occasional squee so far, but once I saw
Elesa's ridiculous new gym and ridiculously fabulous display
I was enthralled. Best thing about the game so far!!! <3

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Good lord Lapras is hard to get. It doesn't show up at all! Nothing but Marills and Basculins with the occasional Azumarill (which has the same rate and I've run into three). If my patience wears thin, I'll just register a trainer's Lapras and use the GTS. Or catch one next Friday in Soul Silver.

Ezalc

Okay, so I went through the game with pretty lukewarm feelings with the occasional squee so far, but once I saw
Elesa's ridiculous new gym and ridiculously fabulous display
I was enthralled. Best thing about the game so far!!! <3

Still mad the hair is different.

Acrylic7

If I keep restarting every-time I get a male Zorua from this guy, can I eventually get a female?

or will it always be male?

789shadow

Banned
Okay, so I have a Rash Litwick, and looking at Smogon, a Rash Nature is supposed to favor Special Attack and disfavor Special defense. However, when I look at it's stats, Sp. Atk is in red, and Sp. Def is in blue. What does that mean?

zroid

Banned
Okay, so I have a Rash Litwick, and looking at Smogon, a Rash Nature is supposed to favor Special Attack and disfavor Special defense. However, when I look at it's stats, Sp. Atk is in red, and Sp. Def is in blue. What does that mean?

That's exactly what it means

I always think of the red stat as "hot" and the blue stat as "cold."

Soul Beat

Purposefully trying to find a shiny is typically not a fruitful endeavour :p I've a friend who's been trying to get a shiny Rayquaza for literally years.
I'm not really purposely trying to find one. I'm just hopeful to find one as I go along.

And I've also got a friend like that. Only, he has never found a single shiny.

Is it possible to get shiny legendaries legitimately?
If you're willing to soft reset for a while, then yes. Unless they're Victiny, Reshiram, and Zekrom.

Top Bottom