• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Black Version 2/White Version 2 |OT| Zero Shades of Grey

Neo Child

Banned
so his little sister had a purrloin 5 years ago?

any one care to do the age thing cause im pretty sure shes going into the negatives

Styles

My final team will look something like this:

Samurott
Leafeon
Flygon
Reuniclus
Braviary
Chandelure

I'm just picking these ones mostly because they look cool. A team filled with glass-cannons but who cares!

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
10 hours in and i'm not feeling it :(

i dont want to enter every house and talk to every npc

i dont want to walk in every patch of grass and see who i can catch

too similar to b/w1 :(

Nuzlocke Challenge Update: Part (Dug)Tri(o) (alternately, "Bad choices get my pokemon killed" Edition)

So like I said earlier, I was worried about how my party would fare against the Driftveil gym, so I did a bunch of Audino farming outside the Weather Center on Route 6. The training paid off, since I bulldozed my way through Clay's trainers. Scraggy took care of
Clay's first two Pokemon with no problem, but then when he threw out his Excadrill and used Bulldoze to get him in critical condition, I decided to switch over to my Karrablast. I figured his bug-type would resist Bulldoze, and I intended to bring him in anyway because he was holding the Amulet Coin. Instead of using Bulldoze, it used Rock Slide. So long Karrablast, and thanks for the Amulet Coin bonus. My greed got Karrablast killed. I brought in Ducklett and Featherdanced Excadrill's attack all the way down, then Bubblebeamed him to death.

Scraggy swept about 2/3 of the Pokemon in the Driftveil Tournament. Trubbish got killed in the double battle with Team Plasma because I got cocky and didn't heal earlier. Why couldn't the AI have targeted Hugh's pokemon instead?

My dumb decisions continued. I entered Chargestone Cave and encountered a Ferroseed. I bring in Minccino, thinking I'll damage it and then use Sing to put it to sleep. I use Tail Slap and I immediately realize my mistake as poor little Minccino takes damage five times from Iron Barbs, before getting finished off by Ferroseed's Gyro Ball. At least I catch Ferroseed to make up for losing Minccino, right? It doesn't last long. I use my new Ferroseed to fight the doctor on B1's Solosis, chipping away at it with Metal Claw. Solosis uses Endeavor and I get hit with Future Sight that same turn. I barely knew ya, Ferroseed. I leave Chargestone Cavern with neither Minccino nor Ferroseed.

I caught a Foongus and my Ducklett evolved on Route 7, at least. Now I need to level up Boldore to deal with
Skyla

My fallen Pokemon:

Current Party:
Just wanted to let you know I'm loving reading this. The Nuzlocke Challenge is an awesome way at simulating what the games would be like if they were constrained by reality in regards to, ya know, mortality. The Gravebox is awesome

Well shit, this is awesome, soothing, and hypnotizing

cgEMn.gif

10 hours in and i'm not feeling it :(

i dont want to enter every house and talk to every npc

i dont want to walk in every patch of grass and see who i can catch

too similar to b/w1 :(

This is basically like how Emerald, Crystal and Platinum were.

So it's like a new expansion...sort of.

BowieZ

Banned
So is this any good? I bought Pokemon White a few weeks ago upon recommendations but I found the gameplay so boring, constantly battling every 5 steps, mashing buttons to get thru it as quick as possible, and trekking back to the Rehab Centre when depleted.

Am I missing something? I only got through to the second Gym area, though. The game started at nighttime in autumn and it was just so gloomy and boring looking lol.

ffdgh

Oh yay just unlocked a mission that lets you search for heart scales and destiny knots.

Never going to run out again :D

Oh and nice use of roar of time.

I'm using Toxicroak as my Fighting-type instead of Lucario.

I've actually never used Ol' Luca in the main game. There have just always been so many more interesting Fighting-types to choose from.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Just two? Why's that?

Seems kinda pointless to catch any when I literally have 640+ Pokemon waiting to be transferred from White.

Plus it lets both of them get up to gamebreakingly-high levels. The experience scaling makes it a little less fun than it used to be, but it's still viable.

zroid

Banned
Definitely seems like a lot of people are getting the wrong impression about what these games are meant to be.

Everyone who expected a brand new experience is feeling disappointed. Then the rest of us who saw that these as upgraded third versions are impressed by how much more effort has gone in compared to previous thirds.

Teknoman

Having more fun here than with previous "third versions" since this actually gives you totally new environments (for the most part) new gym leaders, and you see Pokemon you may not have given a second chance early on. I mean i've never seen a koffing or weezing in action during my 400+ hrs with Black 1, so alot of these animations are 100% new to me. The series newfound larger focus on story helps too.

EDIT: What would you guys do? Train N's version of a pokemon you already caught, or train your own?

Trey

or developing your strategies

Gotta say, strategizing for in-game has been the same every generation. But it's still fun somehow. Rock solid gameplay premise. Execution is dated in some areas though.

My party is only really three monsters right now:

Lucario
Infernape
Excadrill

Samurott is kind of just there. The last spot is held by a fly slave.

Having more fun here than with previous "third versions" since this actually gives you totally new environments (for the most part) new gym leaders, and you see Pokemon you may not have given a second chance early on. I mean i've never seen a koffing or weezing in action during my 400+ hrs with Black 1, so alot of these animations are 100% new to me. The series newfound larger focus on story helps too.

EDIT: What would you guys do? Train N's version of a pokemon you already caught, or train your own?

Larger focus on the story? Explain.

Teknoman

Larger focus on the story? Explain.

As the games have gone by, the "enemy teams" have started to have much more intricate schemes involving more npcs and ulterior motives within the teams themselves than before. Not to mention grander scale dungeon situations ( N's castle in B/W came out of nowhere). Just feels more of a focus on saving the region now than battling to be the best in the region.

As the games have gone by, the "enemy teams" have started to have much more intricate schemes involving more npcs and ulterior motives within the teams themselves than before. Not to mention grander scale dungeon situations ( N's castle in B/W came out of nowhere). Just feels more of a focus on saving the region now than battling to be the best in the region.

Touche. Yeah that really started up in the third generation but it seems like less of the focus on the evil team plot for this game.

Karuyag

Caught an Adamant natured Scraggy earlier at work (don't ask)... Then someone came in... panicked... accidentally turned off 3DS... /sigh...

Also, I keep giggling at his animation... Cute little fucker...

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
Just two? Why's that?

it's funny, I did a playthrough of HG a while back only using 1 or 2 pokemon and having the other slots for dicking around/HMs. I think it was the easiest playthrough I've ever had of a pokemon.

Top Bottom