• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Black Version 2/White Version 2 |OT| Zero Shades of Grey

ffdgh

I'm currently in Castelia and my team consists right now of four pokémon: Dewott, Lucario, Growlithe and Flaaffy. What pokémon should I get to complete it? My only rule is that they must be non-Unova pokémon because I've played BW three times and I want to try new species. This is the first time I use a Growlithe, for example.

Hmmmm....trapinch and a flying type.

Zubat?

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
I'm currently in Castelia and my team consists right now of four pokémon: Dewott, Lucario, Growlithe and Flaaffy. What pokémon should I get to complete it? My only rule is that they must be non-Unova pokémon because I've played BW three times and I want to try new species. This is the first time I use a Growlithe, for example.

Drapion. Awesome looking Pokemon with some cool typing, and he receives False Swipe for easier capturing. Or Gallade as an alternative False Swipe Pokemon who can also use Thunder-Wave (or Hypnosis) for capturing purposes.

Vespiqueen is surprisingly decent. Can't learn fly, but Flygon can.

She's a solid in game Pokemon. It's her terrible typing for a wall and terrible movepool that hold her back in competitive environments. But I like the design. :(

EndcatOmega

Unconfirmed Member
She's a solid in game Pokemon. It's her terrible typing for a wall and terrible movepool that hold her back in competitive environments. But I like the design. :(

Well, I was assuming he meant in-game; I rarely think about competitive stuff when picking my 6 story 'mons. Almost even picked Flareon, but he's too terrible to even use against the CPU, alas.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Blah blah blah, PokeStar studios, blah blah blah... Stu Deeoh, blah blah blah...

I DON'T CARE. LET ME GET BACK ON MY GYM CONQUEST SO I CAN IMPORT MY LEVEL 100 MONSTERS OVER. :|

Qurupeke

This is my team after ariving to Mistralton:

Lucario Lv. 34
Vibrava Lv. 35
Arcanine Lv. 33
Magnezone Lv. 34
Dewott Lv. 33
Zoroark Lv. 33

Busaiku

KuGsj.gif

All my Pokefiles are named the same. :p

I would alternate through a couple of names if there was space in the entry field, but nope, I'm always stuck with Busaiku.

Okay Terrakion is being a stubborn fool who has no desire to join his captive comrades, can I just faint it? with the way the three are now inserted into the game it makes me wonder if they're needed for something.

Trey

Okay Terrakion is being a stubborn fool who has no desire to join his captive comrades, can I just faint it? with the way the three are now inserted into the game it makes me wonder if they're needed for something.

Pokemon just don't appreciate your balls, man.

ffdgh

Terrakion is the best of the 3 so keep trying....and something for keldeo behind alder's house when you bering it and the musketeers......of justice

Roto13

Terrakion is the best of the 3 so keep trying....and something for keldeo behind alder's house when you bering it and the musketeers......of justice

What's supposed to be there? I just brought all four of them and nothing happened. I got Sacred Sword or whatever earlier, with just Keldeo.

Pokemon just don't appreciate your balls, man.
Virizion loved my balls, submitted to them with ease....okay I don't like how this is all sounding.

Well without the nostril monster itself I wont be rounding up all 4, oh well.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.

Terrakion is such a beast, but people are appreciating Virizion more recently. Fighting / Grass is awesome typing on such a fast bulky Pokemon. Cobalion has the best resistances of any of them (plus he's really cool in Pokemon Rumble Blast), but he's generally overshadowed by the much more powerful Lucario, who also has access to a lot of priority and better movepool.

Trey

but he's generally overshadowed by the much more powerful Lucario, who also has access to a lot of priority and better movepool.

Generally how it goes. "Oh, this pkmn looks interesting and has decent stats. Too bad it does everything way worse than 'insert OU pokemon here'."

Red

Generally how it goes. "Oh, this pkmn looks interesting and has decent stats. Too bad it does everything way worse than 'insert OU pokemon here'."

There are reasons they're OU though. You can't avoid running into that problem.

MicH

8 badges acquired! And man, Fire Blitz is so awesome. Absolutely love my newly evolved Arcanine! And I saw it can learn Thunder Fang! Not sure which move to delete for it, though. Current moveset is Outrage, Crunch, Fire Blitz and Extremespeed.

Ezalc

Pokewalker > Pokemon walking behind you

Nope. Lost that shit like three weeks after I got the game. Thankfully there was nothing ESSENTIAL that you could get from it besides some special pokemon or whatever. Pokemon walking behind you is way cooler, and like somebody else said they can just make some pokewalker app for the 3DS it'd be much better.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
8 badges acquired! And man, Fire Blitz is so awesome. Absolutely love my newly evolved Arcanine! And I saw it can learn Thunder Fang! Not sure which move to delete for it, though. Current moveset is Outrage, Crunch, Fire Blitz and Extremespeed.

I'd keep the current moveset.

Heropon

The thing I love the most about the Dream Radar is getting the elemental stones. It was a bitch getting them in BW and I hate the Dream World.

False Edit: I see many people with Growlithe, that's what happens when you put good pokémon early enough. I love the concept behind this type of second versions.

I just wanted to spread the word that Veronica Taylor, the original dub voice of Ash Ketchum, is THE NICEST AND SWEETEST PERSON IN THE WORLD. Met her today at NYCC. Free signings of anything you bring (she had an 8x10 and a cute hand-drawn Pokemon tcg card of herself for sale if you didn't have anything with you), free photo, she'll converse with you and even offered my friend some voice acting career advice. If she is at a convention near you GO. In terms of meeting your childhood idols at a con, there is NOTHING more you could ask of a person.

I just wanted to spread the word that Veronica Taylor, the original dub voice of Ash Ketchum, is THE NICEST AND SWEETEST PERSON IN THE WORLD. Met her today at NYCC. Free signings of anything you bring (she had an 8x10 and a cute hand-drawn Pokemon tcg card of herself for sale if you didn't have anything with you), free photo, she'll converse with you and even offered my friend some voice acting career advice. If she is at a convention near you GO. In terms of meeting your childhood idols at a con, there is NOTHING more you could ask of a person.

Indeed she is. I met her at Toronto Fan Expo and she answered all of my questions with a smile, as well as signing my hat for free. She also rallied an entire room of panel attendees (including me) into singing the original theme song, which was the most awesome thing ever.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
Only three people attended the Toronto one?

Any advice on what should I evolve my Eevee into? My team currently consists of Psyduck, Dewott, Genesect, Lucario, Growlithe, and Eevee. (All around level 23)

Why do you have both dewott and psyduck?

No point in evolving eevee into vaporeon or flareon since you already have those types covered.

I would recommend jolteon or umbreon based on your current movepool and team.

isny

napkin dispenser
Why do you have both dewott and psyduck?

No point in evolving eevee into vaporeon or flareon since you already have those types covered.

Psyduck for the Psychic moves. When I get to the point where I can get a Ghastly or Abra I'll swap him out. (Unless I evolve Eevee into an Espeon...)

Top Bottom