• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Black Version 2/White Version 2 |OT| Zero Shades of Grey

Pokewalker > Pokemon walking behind you

Both were equally fantastic, both are equally baffling omissions from B2/W2. I mean the game cartridges still have IR functionality and they had 493 out of 649 of the overworld sprites already made so it wouldn't have cost much more for either of them to return.

Firestorm

Only three people attended the Toronto one?

Any advice on what should I evolve my Eevee into? My team currently consists of Psyduck, Dewott, Genesect, Lucario, Growlithe, and Eevee. (All around level 23)
In the under 10 division yes. If you had a kid brother or sister or cousin or whatever, it was a free $500 allowance to the National Championships in Indianapolis IN because Top 4 from each of the younger divisions gets the money :p

The level of Pokemon play in Toronto seems to be about on par with their sports teams ;D

My current team: Emboar, Lucario, Scrafty, Eelektross, Unfezant, Ferroseed
I was thinking about replacing Unfezant with either Braviary or Skarmory, and maybe replace Ferroseed with a good water type. Most probably Vaporeon.
I'm also in
Reversal Mountain so Skarmory is a more viable option

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Pokemon League beaten! 54 hours, 27 minutes.

The
Iris
battle music is so good.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Lol, level 48 Samurott before Skyla... I think I like this playstyle of overleveling one of my team. :p

Lol, level 48 Samurott before Skyla... I think I like this playstyle of overleveling one of my team. :p

It is honestly the best way to play in my experience. 1-3 overleveled guys and 3 slots worth of HM slaves. I understand there is no need for them anymore though. Still haven't played gen 5 for lack of funds.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Heh Who doesn't? Kept serperior 5 or more levels higher than the rest.

I usually do that too, and keep the rest (3-5) of my team within 1-2 levels of eachother, but this time I said screw it and have been powering through basically everything with my starter. :p Just got my Lucky Egg too, which somewhat-normalizes things as far as the exp scaling goes.

Korosenai

I go into PWT and do the mix tournament.

I use Deino, Gengar, and Genesect (All ev trained).

The first trainer takes my Genesect.

Destroys me.

:(

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
Generally how it goes. "Oh, this pkmn looks interesting and has decent stats. Too bad it does everything way worse than 'insert OU pokemon here'."

What is this OU you speak of. I only think in terms of doubles / VGC now. :p

In the under 10 division yes. If you had a kid brother or sister or cousin or whatever, it was a free $500 allowance to the National Championships in Indianapolis IN because Top 4 from each of the younger divisions gets the money :p

The level of Pokemon play in Toronto seems to be about on par with their sports teams ;D

idCqoRJcfDF0D.png

zroid

Banned
I love Dream World in theory. It's just really fucking annoying in practise.

And I'm still bitter as melon about how berries were locked behind that gate.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
I love Dream World in theory. It's just really fucking annoying in practise.

And I'm still bitter as melon about how berries were locked behind that gate.

I wish there was a Pokemon Global Link App on the 3DS. Let me access Dream World, VS & Tournament Stats, etc. It could tie in much easier.. it would be lovely.

zroid

Banned
I wish there was a Pokemon Global Link App on the 3DS. Let me access Dream World, VS & Tournament Stats, etc. It could tie in much easier.. it would be lovely.

that would be soooo greeeeaaaat

I am really excited about 3DS integration for the next gen. Apps, StreetPass, the works.

You must be reading something wrong.
It isn't that bad. I mean when you're not walking, just keep it in your car. It STILL registers steps, quite a few in fact. I liked it more than the Dream World.
The selection of pokemon is better, but the methods for obtaining pokemon and items seem like they are more trouble than they are worth. Don't get me wrong, the Dream World has its share of bullshit too.

The thing I love the most about the Dream Radar is getting the elemental stones. It was a bitch getting them in BW and I hate the Dream World.

False Edit: I see many people with Growlithe, that's what happens when you put good pokémon early enough. I love the concept behind this type of second versions.

Gold/Silver were essentially Red/Blue 2 and did this. I loved how they didn't add many new 'mons in that game but remixed how/when older ones were used. Gastly before first gym for the win.kO

EDIT: Arcanine has been my favorite for fifteen years, conflicted by all the bandwagon users lol

So Gaf, pardon my ignorance, I used to be all into the Pokemans up until... the Ruby/Sapphire era? I haven't touched B/W, would I be lost going into B/W2? From what I saw in the OT it's pretty much a direct sequel (which I never thought would happen with Pokemon), so I wasn't sure.

I got kind of burned out with the sheer insane number of Pokemon, plus lots of newer ones just didn't have the charm the older ones had to me. I guess I should go do some HW on the new one but I was hoping you guys would have some feedback ;)

Lumination

'enry 'ollins
I haven't been able to play as much as I'm used to (first Pokemon game to be released since I got a full-time job), but so far I'm loving the variety of wild Pokemon. Instead of Geodudes/Roggenrollas and Zubats/Woobats, I've got a healthy mix of types and generations like Growlithe, Elekid, and Lucario. Here's hoping the selection will always be as varied in Pokemon games going forward.

Also, I'm so addicted to using Thief on Magnemites and Elekids to steal their phat loots!

Red

So Gaf, pardon my ignorance, I used to be all into the Pokemans up until... the Ruby/Sapphire era? I haven't touched B/W, would I be lost going into B/W2? From what I saw in the OT it's pretty much a direct sequel (which I never thought would happen with Pokemon), so I wasn't sure.

I got kind of burned out with the sheer insane number of Pokemon, plus lots of newer ones just didn't have the charm the older ones had to me. I guess I should go do some HW on the new one but I was hoping you guys would have some feedback ;)
You'll be right at home. Minor improvements, more options, but the core game has not changed all that much. Might be worth researching a bit if you wanted to play competitively.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.

The stories are heavily connected, but the games are basically the same mechanics and interface. There are minor additions to BW2, like Move Tutors, new areas, etc, but they've also taken out a few things like the Genie-Trio (need to buy Dream Radar now, or have BW to obtain).

If you care about the story, play BW1. If you don't really care about the story, play BW2 because the additions make it the more complete game.

isny

napkin dispenser
So I still have yet to have any serious help with making a decision about what to evolve me Eevee to ;x

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
Swoobat and Zubat

how can this be anything but the worst pokedex of all time

But Simple Swoobat and Crobat are amazing. :(

So I still have yet to have any serious help with making a decision about what to evolve me Eevee to ;x

Let the nature decide it for you. I got a wild Timid one and went with Jolteon. Jolty's in-game level up moves are way better in BW2, because he actually gets Discharge at 37 instead of 78.

Espeon becuase Esp est numero uno huehuehuehuehue.

Seriously though, it's probably one of the best Eeveelution both stat-wise and aesthetically, plus it's a great early-game Psychic-type/

FSLink

Banned

If Dream World Eevee = Espeon or Vaporeon on a Rain Dance team.

Else = Vaporeon, Jolteon, or Espeon are all solid choices in-game.

Darn you Latias...at least let me save before I fight you!

Does it come back? Or do I have to do the whole crush the E4 and Champion thing again?

Trey

With all the Audino hotspots in the second half of the game, it's no trouble at all to stay 5+ levels or more above the gym you're at.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Registeel and Latios are going to be one of the harder parts of a 649 run. Hopefully the duplicate legendaries I have will help me.

My plan is to get to 200 on the Unova Dex before I move to the actual post game content. I'm at 173 now so it shouldn't be too horrid.

ffdgh

Ok......one more level before by entree reaches 16 and I get the last exp boost...which is a lucky egg based boost for 3 minutes. So close even tho some of these 2nd-3rd level are near impossible or impossible to complete alone.
LLShC.gif

tranciful

Anybody know if the treasure hunter in route 13 only has flutes? http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Unova_Route_13#Treasure_hunter

In White 2, he looks like an Ace Trainer. He talks about treasure hunting, but is that the same guy? I've only gotten flutes when I reset/load again.

I'm trying to get a thick club for my Marowak :(

edit: serebii has updated info. wow, it's practically impossible to get Thick Club in White/Black2 (dream world cubone 5% of having it seems to be the only way). Anybody have one they don't need?

Top Bottom