• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Black Version 2/White Version 2 |OT| Zero Shades of Grey

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
It seems the orbs you collect in Dream Radar do determine the next search. Like collecting mostly Orange Orbs can get you access to Ralts and Blue Orbs access to Togepi. Meaning that you can't go trigger happy and have to watch what the color is. Would be nice if they explained that!

Q

qizah

Unconfirmed Member
I got excited when I saw a Psyduck. Time to train.

I haven't really read up much about the game before picking it up - so I'm going in totally blind. Glad to see they've got some old Pokemon in the mix!

zroid

Banned
It seems the orbs you collect in Dream Radar do determine the next search. Like collecting mostly Orange Orbs can get you access to Ralts and Blue Orbs access to Togepi. Meaning that you can't go trigger happy and have to watch what the color is. Would be nice if they explained that!

hmmm interesting

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I put a ghost/fire pokemon to sleep for Dream World and now I get Sparkly Sea instead of ice cave...

So I'm still looking for a male Ghastly

Well the journey from Gym 6 to Gym 7 is certainly a long one,
random Virizion jumping off a cliff, i'm not sure how I feel about these legends lobbing themselves unto me, it got caught far more easily than that damn Skarmory from yesterday though

Funny story, one of my friends picked up White Version 2 today, while in the cesspool of GAME two teens behind him attempted to mock his purchasing choice as it's "a casual kids game and you look too old", upon asking them if they play a lot of games they gave a response that makes me both laugh and cry in equal measure, "yeah mate, we're hardcore gamers, we get every single COD that comes out and no one can beat me at the new FIFA"
This stupid country.

Red

random Virizion jumping off a cliff, i'm not sure how I feel about these legends lobbing themselves unto me, it got caught far more easily than that damn Skarmory from yesterday though

Funny story, one of my friends picked up White Version 2 today, while in the cesspool of GAME two teens behind him attempted to mock his purchasing choice as it's "a casual kids game and you look too old", upon asking them if they play a lot of games they gave a response that makes me both laugh and cry in equal measure, "yeah mate, we're hardcore gamers, we get every single COD that comes out and no one can beat me at the new FIFA"
This stupid country.
Eh different strokes, nothing to get upset about.

Eh different strokes, nothing to get upset about.

Well "cry" is more for dramatic effect, though i'd be lying if I said that the stranglehold both those franchises have on the market over here doesn't grouch me up a bit inside.
Still the meaning of "hardcore" sure did change over the past decade.

I can understand where Nocturnowl's coming from. The UK game market is turgid outside of those two franchises, and the hypestorm that surrounds every release got grating a long, long time ago.

In other news, just about to battle Drayden with no ice moves, and a team averaging ~Lv. 40. Ulp.

Samurott- Lv.41
Lucario- Lv.42
Arcanine- Lv.40
Ferrothorn- Lv.41
Vibrava- Lv.40
Magnezone- Lv.42

I have a feeling I might be using Ferrothorn as a crutch here.

So many Steels.

Actually i'm also up to fight Drayden with very similar team levels to Exterminieren, Ice punch will go nicely on my Conkeldurr to solve this dilemma.

This stupid country.

I know how you feel. When I was picking up my copy of White back in 2011, I was actually mocked by the cashier (who couldn't have been older than 16) who said I should buy a "man's game" like Black Ops or Gears of War, and then ranted about how little skill Pokémon games took compared to the above. I just laughed at his stupidity and walked away with my purchase, but it's kind of sad to see that this kind of attitude is prevalent in today's gaming society. Remember when "hardcore" used to mean "avid" instead of "plays generic shooting games only?"

Just cleaned up at Elesa's gym and one thing that is becoming clear is that unlike B/W there is no way I'm going to finish the game without a bunch of tedious grinding. Even just focusing on training 3/4 Pokemon has left me about 5-6 levels behind what other trainers have, but because they all seem to only have 1 or 2 Pokemon there isn't anywhere near enough exp on offer between gyms. Doesn't help that I'm not encountering Audinos either.

Fewr

To whomever was looking to evolve an eevee, I can help. I'm on my way to eat breakfast, but I could do it this evening. Post or pm me your Friend Code, mine is 4900-3796-7751.

EDIT: to the person looking for a shellmet and an eevee, I've got two eggs with me now, let me know if you want eggs or the pokemon itself.

Roto13

Swablu Pokedex data: "For some reason, it likes to land on people's heads softly and act like it's a hat."

Oh my god, that's adorable.

Ezalc

The difference in quality isn't that different. I think I'm starting to prefer Hilda (B/W) over Rosa (B2/W2) by virtue of her looking more mature.

Her name is Hilda? Jesus that took her down a peg.

You don't want to fight evil by moon light?

What?

I can't take the difference. The protags in B/W looked SO GOOD. They were supposed to be older more mature and they looked the part. They dressed in a way I could easily see somebody in the street dress like. Their clothes actually make sense to me and look good and comfortable for going out. The new ones just look terrible, especially the male trainer's. First off that hair, jesus what the fuck were they thinking, it looks so stupid. They're supposed to be older aren't they? Yet the male trainer looks 10 or something. His bag is half of his body size, looks like one of those big rectangular things where like artists or architects carry their sketches, TERRIBLE. Then the spandex under the shorts, ugh. The hair is the one thing that bothers me most though. The girl isn't as bad, but it's like they tried desexualizing her? Which is alright I guess but then you look at like how the female one from Gen IV was supposed to be 10 and yet had a skirt that barely covered anything, while the one from B/W 1 had short shorts sure but I thought they were more sporty and not as sexual. This time it's like some weird skirt looking shorts thing with tights underneath. The leia buns are ok but c'mon son. The two look like they came out of a bad work out tape from the early 80s or something.

The two look like they came out of a bad work out tape from the early 80s or something.

6PyVG.gif
M9sr5.gif
7WMGZ.gif
LggmO.gif

The sprites look fine though. That's all you usually ever see.

In Victory Road in Black 2 right now. I'm eager to finish up so I can transfer Challenge Mode to White 2 and start my REAL file. I've intentionally skipped most of the optional areas, so I'm looking forward to finally getting around to those. My Black 2 team kinda sucks, too, so there's that. :B

I would, but I'm desperately short of Red Shards.

The dust clouds in Relic Passage give out literally nothing but shards (and a scant few Drilbur). Farmed there for an hour or so yesterday and came out with +15 of every shard kind.

Just cleaned up at Elesa's gym and one thing that is becoming clear is that unlike B/W there is no way I'm going to finish the game without a bunch of tedious grinding. Even just focusing on training 3/4 Pokemon has left me about 5-6 levels behind what other trainers have, but because they all seem to only have 1 or 2 Pokemon there isn't anywhere near enough exp on offer between gyms. Doesn't help that I'm not encountering Audinos either.

I feel like I'm in the same position. In other games, I was usually 3-4 levels behind the gym leader, but when I went to go fight Elesa the first time, I was about 6-7 levels below her 'mons. I got decimated. Trying to find areas around the gym to grind and grab a 6th Pokémon.

Also, ditto on the Audinos too. I've fought, maybe, two in the game so far in 15+ hours.

789shadow

Banned
Fighting Audino's is so easy. Just find a long stretch of grass, and bike back and forth to make grass start shaking. It's usually an Audino.

I feel like I'm in the same position. In other games, I was usually 3-4 levels behind the gym leader, but when I went to go fight Elesa the first time, I was about 6-7 levels below her 'mons. I got decimated. Trying to find areas around the gym to grind and grab a 6th Pokémon.

I'd highly recommend going back into the desert area and trying to catch yourself a Trapinch, level it up a couple of times so he learns Rock Slide (for Emolga) and make it hold an Evolite (which you get from some guy in Castelia) and it'll just wipe the floor with Elesa. If it weren't for that I simply wouldn't have stood a chance with my severely underleveled team.

From what I've seen so far, just before every gym there will be a Pokemon you can find with a really low encounter rate that can destroy the gym after levelling up a couple of times - Riolu for Cheren, Magnemite for Roxie, Grimer for Burgh and Trapinch for Elesa. It's practically like a getout clause if your team simply can't win.

Fighting Audino's is so easy. Just find a long stretch of grass, and bike back and forth to make grass start shaking. It's usually an Audino.
I very rarely see shaking grass as I get way too many regular encounters. The only few times I've ever seen shaking grass I got jumped by random encounters before being able to reach the shaking patch.

Trey

I very rarely see shaking grass as I get way too many regular encounters. The only few times I've ever seen shaking grass I got jumped by random encounters before being able to reach the shaking patch.

Go to route 7 (route after mistralton city)

equip a lucky egg onto the pkmn you're training

run along the beams until some grass shakes

go to the shaking grass and fight the Audino

repeat

You'll be 45+ across the board in about twenty minutes.

The dust clouds in Relic Passage give out literally nothing but shards (and a scant few Drilbur). Farmed there for an hour or so yesterday and came out with +15 of every shard kind.

I've been farming there for half an hour, I've bagged loads of Yellow and Green shards, and not a single Red.

whyyyyyyyyy

I'd highly recommend going back into the desert area and trying to catch yourself a Trapinch, level it up a couple of times so he learns Rock Slide (for Emolga) and make it hold an Evolite (which you get from some guy in Castelia) and it'll just wipe the floor with Elesa. If it weren't for that I simply wouldn't have stood a chance with my severely underleveled team.

From what I've seen so far, just before every gym there will be a Pokemon you can find with a really low encounter rate that can destroy the gym after levelling up a couple of times - Riolu for Cheren, Magnemite for Roxie, Grimer for Burgh and Trapinch for Elesa. It's practically like a getout clause if your team simply can't win.

Tha's always been true for all Pokémon games. Or at least the area before a gym tends to have 'mons that can stand a chance to who you're going to fight.

I'll try that Trapinch trick. I currently have a Sandile with Bite, Assurance, Dig and Sand Tomb. I need something I can teach Fly to at some point.

Top Bottom