• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon CEO seemingly confirms NX is a console/handheld hybrid

L Thammy

I do but money is a bit limited right now :( I'm actually thinking on getting a PS4 during black friday for The Last Guardian and FFXV because Wii U will not have nothing other than Paper Mario this holiday...

May I recommend https://www.gog.com/? They give away tons of games for free. Between that and Humble Bundle, you can amass a pretty huge game collection for very little. Which you will then subsequently ignore.

Actually, if you're a fan of Paper Mario, consider downloading Barkley Shut Up and Jam Gaiden. It's free, it's hilarious, and it's got a similar battle system to Paper Mario 64 / Thousand Year Door.

btrboyev

Doesn't really confirm anything at this point. NX could still be two separate pieces of hardware under one platform.

It's probably a hybrid, but I can't see publishers supporting it if so.

Fingers crossed for that. After the PS4 Pro reveal, I think Nintendo has high possibilities of wowing the masses with this hybrid concept and bring back all the people who are tired of gaming as it is right now.They just need to deliver a clear message of what it is and what can be done with it since day one.
I keep seeing this narrative that there is a certain group of people who are getting sick of gaming because reasons but will totally be brought back by some "new" concept. Have any evidence besides posts from Neogaf that people are getting sick of gaming? Consoles, PC, and mobile are all doing fine and even great in certain categories so I'm confused as where this group can be seen.

Neoxon

Doesn't really confirm anything at this point. NX could still be two separate pieces of hardware under one platform.

It's probably a hybrid, but I can't see publishers supporting it if so.
Most western publishers weren't gonna give a shit about Nintendo regardless.

There is something VERY fishy about this...

The NX is trying to change the concept of what it's like to be a home console or handheld, but Iwata said it's not to combine both to make one machine, which would be a hybrid.

Maybe something changed over the development cycle?

I mean, there are RUMORS about a hybrid, but any official word says otherwise.

Also from an interview with Reggie.

"So is it a console or a platform?"

Reggie: "Always a platform."

So what the hell is it? Is it some kind of distribution platform like Steam that uses its own dedicated hardware? At that point, that would technically make it some kind of console and/or handheld. Though it also sounds like they also really want to heavily integrate smartphones. At that point, it's a "not new" concept with a different execution, but any Nintendo hardware onward could play anything although you would need to get new generation hardware to play newer games. Similar to how weaker smartphones would be unsupported after a time frame, but newer lower end games could still run on older hardware. Any new Nintendo NX platform hardware could play anything. So like PC, unlimited backwards compatibility with all older NX games in the future. I'm sure many other vendors have tried this for the console space, but failed because it's a very "niche" concept, especially Steam boxes since Steam is strictly a dedicated PC space though it works a little with people who have a desktop and laptop since it's very inconveniently expensive, but Nintendo's branding and quirky style alone can guarantee its success, it just takes the casual audience knowing that the hell it is and how it benefits them. Think about it. It may not get third party support at first if the hardware isn't strong enough, but as new NX systems come out, ports could become available for newer NX systems.

I pretty much typed this as I thought about it so this might look more like a ramble than a properly constructed post. So if something doesn't make sense, I'll have to proof read it later when I have time.

I also want to point out that ARM is probably the most likely contestant for these systems since ARM evolves REALLY fast. This makes sense to me because I simply think that's where the industry as a whole is going, simply because casual users are used to it due to smartphones and possibly other devices.

AzaK

This is no more confirmation than we already have. That statement could mean dockable HH, augmented or not.

Boney

Banned
I'm not being nitpicky, and I'm comparing this translated statement to other translated statements translated from the same language. I'm no expert in Japanese but you would think there is a clear difference between the words "platform" and "device", right?

Also the fact that the NX itself is what's being referred to as "trying to change the concept of what it means to be a home console device or a hand-held device" has never been stated officially before. Previously it was Iwata speaking about Nintendo's "future hardware", before the NX code name was announced, that they would make statements about handhelds and consoles sharing an architecture, so many of us thought the NX might just the first device in that future line of hardware (and it still might be). But this quote indicates that the NX itself will have components of home consoles and handhelds, which clearly shows that it is very likely to be the rumored hybrid.
Not trying to be a dick or anything but what's the legitimate difference between device and platform that makes them not interchangeable in any setting imaginable?

There's really nothing to dig about this statement other than PokeCo will support NX which will not be a traditional successor as we've seen them before. And that Pokego will recieve updates.

Some of you should stop trying to hold to any throw away line imaginable to satisfy your curiosity.

rtrbad

Banned
Not trying to be a dick or anything but what's the legitimate difference between device and platform that makes them not interchangeable in any setting imaginable?

There's really nothing to dig about this statement other than PokeCo will support NX which will not be a traditional successor as we've seen them before. And that Pokego will recieve updates.

Some of you should stop trying to hold to any throw away line imaginable to satisfy your curiosity.

Exactly, I've always imagined platform and console to be interchangeable. The 3DS is a console but it's also a software and hardware platform that developers can create software for.

I would love for the NX to be a family of systems with the first being a hybrid. I don't want anybody to take it the wrong way like I think a hybrid is the only system. I still believe it will be a family with the same OS like iPhone and iPad.

BDGAME

I don't know if someone ask this, but is it possible to Nintendo utilize some kind of next gen upscale, like the Ps4 pro did?

The Pro uses that chessboard upscale to make their 2K games run like 4K, the double.

Maybe Nintendo can use some similar upscale to double the 720p to 1440p.

That in a 1080p screen can look very close to native 1080p, no?

I don't really see what's so complicated about this. It seems pretty clear to me that the NX is Nintendo's next handheld. And the only thing hybrid about it is that it also plays on the TV, maybe or maybe not with a power boost or something. Also I would bet Nintendo isn't going to make a dedicated TV console anymore.

I'm not sure what else there is to expect out of this.

L Thammy

some people just dont play everything, every single praised gaf game aint everybody interest. Took me awhile to get that but its some real shit.

With the sheer amount of games that are being released today, the number of older systems and classic to be found there, and the number of genres where a single game can sink a massive amount of your time, "some people just don't play everything" hasn't come up when someone can't find games to play.

I don't really see what's so complicated about this. It seems pretty clear to me that the NX is Nintendo's next handheld. And the only thing hybrid about it is that it also plays on the TV, maybe or maybe not with a power boost or something. Also I would bet Nintendo isn't going to make a dedicated TV console anymore.

Well I agree with the NX is really the true successor to the 3DS, but it's powerful enough to have console like experiences on it.

Oersted

All what you need to do is to reuse the architecture, just like the heavily rumored partner Nvidia is doing with Shield.

L Thammy

Well I agree with the NX is really the true successor to the 3DS, but it's powerful enough to have console like experiences on it.

I think we've had console like experiences since the Gameboy. Look at Link's Awakening, or even Pokemon Red/Blue. Extremely similar in scope and gameplay to what you'd get on the SNES, despite obvious liberties.

Rather, I think the big shift is that you may be able to get the exact same games on the handheld as on console. But even if that's the case, that's we've already seen that with the Vita, hasn't it? It isn't a totally new thing either.

In other news, water is wet.
Thank you and goodnight. From all the rumours lately, if anyone thinks this is definitely not a hybrid in some form...you're in for a rude awakening. I'm expecting a handheld with a docking station (without extra power), like most rumours. If it has extra power, great.

Oersted

I think we've had console like experiences since the Gameboy. Look at Link's Awakening, or even Pokemon Red/Blue. Extremely similar in scope and gameplay to what you'd get on the SNES, despite obvious liberties.

Rather, I think the big shift is that you may be able to get the exact same games on the handheld as on console. But even if that's the case, that's we've already seen that with the Vita, hasn't it? It isn't a totally new thing either.

You might be not old enough to remember, but GBA was drowning in NES/SNES ports.

Oregano

I think people are missing a big angle here; Local multiplayer. The way it works is one of the key differences between home consoles and handhelds. Every MK7 player needs their own 3DS(even with download play) but for MK8 they just need a controller.

From the rumours about NX Nintendo is seemingly going for a device bigger than traditional portables(with a bigger screen) and some form of detachable controllers. Wouldn't that be perfect for enabling local play on one device?

Sure it might not be ideal for the hardcore gamer(but you can always just plug in the TV) but I feel like having a portable device where kids can play splitscreen Minecraft or Mario or Mario Kart or even Smash Bros together is something of a differentiator.

That doesn't mean ad-hoc wireless won't be present of course, it just expands options.

I hate to break it to you, but we're a little bit away from the days of SNES and GB. There has been a little more separation between the two since then-just look at 3D Land and 3D World.

L Thammy

You might be not old enough to remember, but GBA was drowning in NES/SNES ports.

Less a factor of being not being old enough, and more a factor of buying a used Gameboy that died in a week. :(
I'm not sure aware of all the ports though, moreso alternate versions like Mario Tennis / Golf or spinoffs like Ghost Babel.

rtrbad

Banned
I think people are missing a big angle here; Local multiplayer. The way it works is one of the key differences between home consoles and handhelds. Every MK7 player needs their own 3DS(even with download play) but for MK8 they just need a controller.

From the rumours about NX Nintendo is seemingly going for a device bigger than traditional portables(with a bigger screen) and some form of detachable controllers. Wouldn't that be perfect for enabling local play on one device?

Sure it might not be ideal for the hardcore gamer(but you can always just plug in the TV) but I feel like having a portable device where kids can play splitscreen Minecraft or Mario or Mario Kart or even Smash Bros together is something of a differentiator.

That doesn't mean ad-hoc wireless won't be present of course, it just expands options.

That's fine and all, but in situations where more than one person wants to play something like Pokemon, you need two separate devices, even if they aren't playing separate versions. There's only one save slot. If they make the SCD patent work so that IF you have a household with more than one NX, they can team when you're using local multiplayer to somehow boost the experience, that would be cool, but I don't expect it.

L Thammy

I hate to break it to you, but we're a little bit away from the days of SNES and GB. There has been a little more separation between the two since then-just look at 3D Land and 3D World.

Okay, but don't we have Xenoverse 2 for Vita? Phantasy Star Online 2? Samurai Warriors Sanada Maru? Not AAA titles, I suppose, but I'm also not going "whooaaaa" at the idea of running a console game on my handheld. It isn't unprecedented territory by any means.

Hermii

I would love for the NX to be a family of systems with the first being a hybrid. I don't want anybody to take it the wrong way like I think a hybrid is the only system. I still believe it will be a family with the same OS like iPhone and iPad.
I still believe this too. If this is the case, it makes perfect sense to partner with Nvidia for the soc. They can easily release more form factors with a similar architecture.

Oregano

That's fine and all, but in situations where more than one person wants to play something like Pokemon, you need two separate devices, even if they aren't playing separate versions. There's only one save slot. If they make the SCD patent work so that IF you have a household with more than one NX, they can team when you're using local multiplayer to somehow boost the experience, that would be cool, but I don't expect it.

I think you missed my last sentence. Ad-hoc wireless is still obviously going to be a thing.

Also there's only save slot in Pokémon by design, especially when they could save to the SD card.

maxcriden

There is something VERY fishy about this...

The NX is trying to change the concept of what it's like to be a home console or handheld, but Iwata said it's not to combine both to make one machine, which would be a hybrid.

Maybe something changed over the development cycle?

I mean, there are RUMORS about a hybrid, but any official word says otherwise.

I previously felt also that Nintendo had denied NX would be a hybrid, but this thread convinced me Iwata never actually debunked a hybrid, so you may find it worthwhile also:

http://m.neogaf.com/showthread.php?t=1253682

Regardless, as you said, things can definitely change over the development cycle. It will be very interesting to see how close the rumors are to reality. Given the IMO significant reputability of WSJ, Eurogamer, Emily Rogers, and LPVG, I expect them to be pretty much right on the money. If any one of those leakers are considered less reputable to you, perhaps any of others listed you might feel more comfortable believing. By no means do I think that these leakers all share the same source or that they didn't get corroboration from independent sources for their leaks. So to me personally, these rumors are as official as they can be without being technically official, but I understand each of us may reach different conclusions about their veracity, since all we can do is decide for ourselves since we don't have any firm official word to go on. (Though, I should say I also believe the comment from The Pokémon Company is a hint in this same direction, though I understand interpretations vary amongst many in this thread on that front also.) As I said, it'll be very interesting to see just how close these rumors are to reality!

Pif

Banned
I don't know if someone ask this, but is it possible to Nintendo utilize some kind of next gen upscale, like the Ps4 pro did?

The Pro uses that chessboard upscale to make their 2K games run like 4K, the double.

Maybe Nintendo can use some similar upscale to double the 720p to 1440p.

That in a 1080p screen can look very close to native 1080p, no?

I think this post is worth a custom tag for you.

Turrican3

I *still* believe we'll get a true home NX hardware eventually.

Can't link right now the source, but I do remember Iwata explicitly talking about how it wasn't possible to have the same architecture on handhelds and home platforms in the past, but not anymore with current technology advancements.

So who knows, maybe in a year or two they can pull a 1060-powered home (or whatever equivalent nvidia architecture - sorry, got little knowledge about that) leveraging the alleged ease of developing/porting code between NX machines.

I previously felt also that Nintendo had denied NX would be a hybrid, but this thread convinced me Iwata never actually debunked a hybrid, so you may find it worthwhile also:

It's also important to note that at the time of Mr. Iwata's comments, Nintendo was still exploring/understanding the impacts that merging development teams together had on their productivity; as they had only recently undergone the re-org. So after all the culture-shock, attrition, promotions and such went through it's very possible that the combined team found a really powerful 'hybrid' basis that empowered the software teams to build interesting content.

So I wouldn't take Mr. Iwata's comments as gospel because opinions/environments/plans change.

Something I've noticed is that a lot of people seem to think that this form factor means that Nintendo will never put out a dedicated home console, but I'm not entirely sure. This has been a point Team AMD seem pretty adamant about as a way to disprove the hybrid rumor.
I'm 100% on Team NVIDIA/hybrid but I do think Nintendo can and likely will release different form factors in the future. In fact, I think the hybrid form factor makes this more likely.
It would allow this system to play all games including those made for TV play. Oddly enough, Just Dance is what would most point to this.
You can't play Just Dance on a portable, it needs motion controls in one way or another and you need to be dancing which would make it pretty hard to focus on what's on the tiny screen even if you prop it up somehow. Making it a hybrid would mean you could actually play it, especially with those built in motion controls.
It would also allow for forwards compatibility, just like PS4->PS4 Pro. All games work natively and just require a bit of extra work to patch.
So yeah, I think it's fairly easy to explain away a lot of points like "IWATA SAID NO HYBRID!" or "IT ISN'T UNIQUE"!

Pineapple

I wouldn't be surprised to see a Pokemon game on the NX within the first 6 months of its lifespan.

Maybe the third game for the 7th generation, or even sequels - Lunar Eclipse and Solar Eclipse.

Something I've noticed is that a lot of people seem to think that this form factor means that Nintendo will never put out a dedicated home console, but I'm not entirely sure. This has been a point Team AMD seem pretty adamant about as a way to disprove the hybrid rumor.
I'm 100% on Team NVIDIA/hybrid but I do think Nintendo can and likely will release different form factors in the future. In fact, I think the hybrid form factor makes this more likely.
It would allow this system to play all games including those made for TV play. Oddly enough, Just Dance is what would most point to this.
You can't play Just Dance on a portable, it needs motion controls in one way or another and you need to be dancing which would make it pretty hard to focus on what's on the tiny screen even if you prop it up somehow. Making it a hybrid would mean you could actually play it, especially with those built in motion controls.
It would also allow for forwards compatibility, just like PS4->PS4 Pro. All games work natively and just require a bit of extra work to patch.
So yeah, I think it's fairly easy to explain away a lot of points like "IWATA SAID NO HYBRID!" or "IT ISN'T UNIQUE"!

Completely agreed. If they have a software basis who's library is mostly extendible (i.e. iPhone & iPad apps) then I'd love to see Nintendo roll out a series of wacky devices with ultra-specific gimmicks that can be quickly rolled out and taken offline if they don't 'stick'.

For instance, each hardware config could still have a dock for the handheld, in this way the handheld becomes the 'brains' that connects you into the ecosystem. So you could have a Nintendo ON like device, a holographic table for amiibo or pokemon trading card duels, an ROB like robot (lol) and whatever else they have proof-of-concepts for in their R&D labs.

Completely agreed. If they have a software basis who's library is mostly extendible (i.e. iPhone & iPad apps) then I'd love to see Nintendo roll out a series of wacky devices with ultra-specific gimmicks that can be quickly rolled out and taken offline if they don't 'stick'.

For instance, each hardware config could still have a dock for the handheld, in this way the handheld becomes the 'brains' that connects you into the ecosystem. So you could have a Nintendo ON like device, a holographic table for amiibo or pokemon trading card duels, an ROB like robot (lol) and whatever else they have proof-of-concepts for in their R&D labs.
Yeah, a cool thing about it is that they don't need to invest much into a new system outside of the hardware R&D. If it fails they wouldn't need to keep pumping resources into games for it like with Wii U.
They can also adapt quickly to markets in order to not be left behind like when HD TVs were being widely adopted and the Wii got left behind. If VR or 4k takes off in that level they can release a device that's better suited for both much like what Sony is doing with the PS4 pro

Oersted

Regardless, as you said, things can definitely change over the development cycle. It will be very interesting to see how close the rumors are to reality. Given the IMO significant reputability of WSJ, Eurogamer, Emily Rogers, and LPVG, I expect them to be pretty much right on the money. If any one of those leakers are considered less reputable to you, perhaps any of others listed you might feel more comfortable believing. By no means do I think that these leakers all share the same source or that they didn't get corroboration from independent sources for their leaks. So to me personally, these rumors are as official as they can be without being technically official, but I understand each of us may reach different conclusions about their veracity, since all we can do is decide for ourselves since we don't have any firm official word to go on. (Though, I should say I also believe the comment from The Pokémon Company is a hint in this same direction, though I understand interpretations vary amongst many in this thread on that front also.) As I said, it'll be very interesting to see just how close these rumors are to reality!

250px-Panasonic-Q-Console-Back.jpg

This is a hybrid.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B000YB2IPK/?tag=neogaf0e-20

This is a hybrid.

Hybrids were, as far as I remember, something that combine multiple formats.

NX reads one format, NX gamecards and thats about it.

I wouldn't be surprised to see a Pokemon game on the NX within the first 6 months of its lifespan.

Maybe the third game for the 7th generation, or even sequels - Lunar Eclipse and Solar Eclipse.

Yeah I like the eclipse names! either just Eclipse or the sequel names, like you said.

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
250px-Panasonic-Q-Console-Back.jpg

This is a hybrid.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B000YB2IPK/?tag=neogaf0e-20

This is a hybrid.

Hybrids were, as far as I remember, something that combine multiple formats.

NX reads one format, NX gamecards and thats about it.

a thing made by combining two different elements

A lot of things can be called hybrids. I don't understand this obsession for what makes a hybrid hybrid when there is no general accepted definition of a hybrid in the gaming area. It's a fight not worth fighting, really.

You can call it a transformer or hybrid or whatever. It doesn't really matter in the end. It will most likely be marketed as a multi-purpose gaming device and it is what it is.

Edit: it's a gaming console that can be used both in a portable format and in a stand alone format, connected to TV and with separate controllers.

Yeah, a cool thing about it is that they don't need to invest much into a new system outside of the hardware R&D. If it fails they wouldn't need to keep pumping resources into games for it like with Wii U.
They can also adapt quickly to markets in order to not be left behind like when HD TVs were being widely adopted and the Wii got left behind. If VR or 4k takes off in that level they can release a device that's better suited for both much like what Sony is doing with the PS4 pro

Exactly! Nintendo could start to provide hardware upgrades at significantly reduced cost because you don't necessarily need to buy a brand new box, instead opting to modularly add onto your existing stuff. Yes I am describing a more powerful dock, but could also pertain to the handheld component.

This is the tragedy of the mobile device, as you are forced to buy a new screen, new chipset, battery, storage, etc. Very wasteful, frankly.

KingBroly

Banned
Exactly! Nintendo could start to provide hardware upgrades at significantly reduced cost because you don't necessarily need to buy a brand new box, instead opting to modularly add onto your existing stuff. Yes I am describing a more powerful dock, but could also pertain to the handheld component.

This is the tragedy of the mobile device, as you are forced to buy a new screen, new chipset, battery, storage, etc. Very wasteful, frankly.

What you're describing is a PC. That's too complex for most people. People would rather just buy a new device for the sake of convenience.

ggx2ac

The difference is, some of those people asking for a home console are expecting something to be more powerful than the competition.

So either they expect Nintendo to release a home console now that is more powerful than a PS4 or, they expect a home console released at the end of next year that is more powerful than a Scorpio. It's sports fan mentality, they want to cheer that they're on the arbitrary winning side with regards to power.

Of course, power can be important, it depends on what it is being used for. VR requires a High-end PC to get a good 120fps with decent graphics at a high resolution. Anything that falls short of that criteria may look poor in quality and ruin the visuals when playing.

Point is, if Nintendo released a separate home console later on, I expect it to be the equivalent of a PS Vita TV to the NX. I find it unlikely for it to be a powerhouse that is more powerful than the competition. Unless they needed that for VR, that's the only thing I could see a reason for them having to split up resources. I don't really see them wanting to split up resources over a 720p game and a 4k game if they released a non-VR home console because, I doubt they'd choose for it to be more powerful since that wouldn't make a difference against the competition.

The moment they get third party support from elsewhere, I.e. mobile game developers, and find that they get decent revenue from them. They're not going to worry about having to make heavy expenses just to court the AAA western publisher.

The difference is, some of those people asking for a home console are expecting something to be more powerful than the competition.

So either they expect Nintendo to release a home console now that is more powerful than a PS4 or, they expect a home console released at the end of next year that is more powerful than a Scorpio. It's sports fan mentality, they want to cheer that they're on the arbitrary winning side with regards to power.

Of course, power can be important, it depends on what it is being used for. VR requires a High-end PC to get a good 120fps with decent graphics at a high resolution. Anything that falls short of that criteria may look poor in quality and ruin the visuals when playing.

Point is, if Nintendo released a separate home console later on, I expect it to be the equivalent of a PS Vita TV to the NX. I find it unlikely for it to be a powerhouse that is more powerful than the competition. Unless they needed that for VR, that's the only thing I could see a reason for them having to split up resources. I don't really see them wanting to split up resources over a 720p game and a 4k game if they released a non-VR home console because, I doubt they'd choose for it to be more powerful since that wouldn't make a difference against the competition.

The moment they get third party support from elsewhere, I.e. mobile game developers, and find that they get decent revenue from them. They're not going to worry about having to make heavy expenses just to court the AAA western publisher.
I don't think they'd release a PS TV like device, that's essentially a Vita without a screen.
Nintendo had been working on an android like OS, i don't see them skipping out on the opportunity to create new hardware to promote growth and a wider adoption of their platform. They did something similar with the New 3DS, but it wasn't well thought out.

You're not being a dick, and I guess it could be semantics but to me the term "device" implies a physical object, whereas "platform" is a much broader term. Like people have said, a platform can refer to a development ecosystem, a storefront, an OS or a physical device. Him calling this a physical device explicitly (if the translation is correct/consistent with previous translations) implies that this one device will be merging handhelds and consoles, rather than previously when the "platform" was doing so, and we thought perhaps the platform would encompass both handhelds and home consoles.

At least I think this is fairly clear evidence that the NX is the rumored hybrid.

Elios83

A hybrid console with a unified game library allowing you to play all the future Nintendo games plus more titles for Android/iOS is the way to go for Nintendo.
People still dreaming about a dedicated and very powerful Nintendo home console are a niche of longtime fans now out of touch with reality. Nintendo is not able to compete in that market and it does not make any sense for them to make such a product.

ggx2ac

I don't think they'd release a PS TV like device, that's essentially a Vita without a screen.
Nintendo had been working on an android like OS, i don't see them skipping out on the opportunity to create new hardware to promote growth and a wider adoption of their platform. They did something similar with the New 3DS, but it wasn't well thought out.

You've mistaken the New 3DS for the 2DS. The 2DS was to provide wide adoption for the platform as a handheld without a 3D glassesless screen and a cheap price that it was aimed at children, even in Japan NCL are marketing the device towards children.

The New 3DS was just to prolong the product lifecycle of the 3DS like the PS3 Slim or the DSi.

A PS TV type NX would be cheaper to sell but lack some functions compared to the NX. Just like a portable only NX that lacks a dock and HDMI out. Then of course, if there are mobile games on the NX and they prove successful, Nintendo would release a touchscreen only NX.

I don't deny multiple form factors, all the above are ways to release a cheaper device for someone that doesn't fit in the centre of a Venn diagram. The point as shown with one of my earlier posts quoting Iwata is that they wanted to release a device that tries to cater to every demographic and their play style which explains why we have rumours of a hybrid coming.

I just don't see them releasing a home console more powerful than NX unless it is for something specific like VR.

The God

I keep seeing this narrative that there is a certain group of people who are getting sick of gaming because reasons but will totally be brought back by some "new" concept. Have any evidence besides posts from Neogaf that people are getting sick of gaming? Consoles, PC, and mobile are all doing fine and even great in certain categories so I'm confused as where this group can be seen.

It's just some "Nintendo will save the day!" bullshit that overexcited fans have made up

Top Bottom