• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Go |OT 2| Servers...gotta crash 'em all!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oreoleo

It may not be equivilent for everyone, but at least here, there are hundreds of Eevee's everywhere, ever gym has them, and they are a fast evolution with only 25 candies needed to evolve them.

Yup, same here. Literally almost every gym has a Vaporeon in it by now, and if not that than one of the other two. I have all 3 eeveelutions already, and a kid I fought a gym with last night had at least two already at level 12. They are more common than Spearows and Caterpies in my area, I don't even have a Butterfree yet.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Does it track distance if you're cycling? As it has some way to detect if you're driving I wonder what the cutoff speed is.

Tall4Life

Yeah, once you learn how to consistently throw the curve balls it's not an issue at all. Only real problem for me is when the Pokemon is really really up close and the ball constantly goes over their head. In that situation I just throw it straight and it works out.

Does it track distance if you're cycling? As it has some way to detect if you're driving I wonder what the cutoff speed is.

There's been some debate over this, but someone I know tested it by driving around their neighborhood. He said the cutoff point for him was about 15 mph.

spin and curve your pokeballs to counter their defence
I've been practicing but I still have a long way to go before I master it. Easy enough with large hitboxes but a complete crapshoot otherwise. God help me if it *gulp* jumps

I think it's on purpose as a
lame
way to make it more difficult to catch them/use more balls.
This was my initial thought. That it isn't a bug but a deliberate attempt to get me to buy more Pokeballs. Jokes on them, because I wouldn't be caught dead spending real money on Pokeballs.

Great balls are a different story entirely

Firemind

Yup, same here. Literally almost every gym has a Vaporeon in it by now, and if not that than one of the other two. I have all 3 eeveelutions already, and a kid I fought a gym with last night had at least two already at level 12. They are more common than Spearows and Caterpies in my area, I don't even have a Butterfree yet.
but jolteon at least beats vaporeon right?

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
oh im logged in but the GPS has went mental and has me running al owa when im sat still

Oh fuck off Niantic I spend half an hour travelling to the city to spend an hour before work catching guys and the servers are down

Oreoleo

but jolteon at least beats vaporeon right?

Really depends on the CP levels since Vaporeon has so much more CP and HP at similar trainer levels. I use my Vaporeon to take down Jolteon gyms without batting an eye. It's so much stronger the type disadvantage doesn't matter.

Same for me in the Uk too, strangely though I can connect fine via wifi but not mobile data!!!

I was sat in an area of town all afternoon with 4 lures around me and between the fucked servers and these lures I got nothing that was any diffrent.
This thing just eats my battery and gives me fucking rats and pidgeys, not sure i can be arsed anymore

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Is the iOS version ignoring touch a standard thing when the network is fucked? Often can't even bring up menus by tapping the pokeball on the main screen.

Chaos17

Source: https://www.reddit.com/r/pokemongo/comments/4t9p6p/psa_use_this_pidgey_calculator_before_wasting/

PSA: Use this Pidgey calculator before wasting your Lucky Egg

4k6uxgD.jpg

http://www.pidgeycalc.com/

Nori Chan

I found out why I've been unable to see any nearby Pokemon or catch any wild Pokemon despite being level 9 now:

Even though they are jam-packed with pokestops and gyms, military bases do not have wild Pokemon. Understandable, but I had no idea considering all the pokestops and gyms.
Same here. Stupid fort McCoy lol

Hystzen

Don't know what's worse that terrible resolution image when you can't login or being logged in but it pointless to walk around as you got that permanent spinning ball in top left so no Pokemon spawn and egg distance won't count

Rygar 8 Bit

Jaguar 64-bit
servers were fine for me today a little off and on but nothing super bad like yesterday managed to hit trainer level 21 and catch another ton of new mons today im at 82 caught in the pokedex now getting closer and closer

RemiLP

This game is amazing.

Even in my small Country Norway, i see packs of people out Hunting every time i go out, day or night.

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
Just spent an afternoon at the park, bunch of people there and it was all lured up. Caught my first 30 or so pokemon, only 13 unique ones. Highlight was a Dratini. Would've caught more if it wasn't for the crashes. App tends to crash after catching a pokemon, had to restart the app countless times.
Too bad I have no real activity closeby, so I'll always have to move to a 'real' town to catch mons.

Nevertheless, I just ordered a charger because my battery was dead pretty quickly today. I'm betting those things are selling like hotcakes right now.

It's pretty crazy though: everyone at the park was playing GO. All 20-30 somethings hunched over their phones. Never seen anything like this.

SpartanN92

Banned
Me and some fellow gaffers went white water rafting two weeks ago (all of us die hard Pokémon fans)... this is exactly how it happened and isn't photoshopped in any way.

Edit: Totodile was just too good to not include XD

4qeuWjz.jpg

Oreoleo

Been down for so long, havent been able to login for about 5 hours (Aus)

Have you been sitting on the 'retry' screen? I thought the servers were down for over an hour at one point yesterday cause I just kept retrying and retrying and retrying, but once I force closed the app and relaunched it, it loaded straight away and I didn't have any server issues the rest of the day.

BlueTsunami

there is joy in sucking dick
Niantic clearly don't think there's enough issues so have just officially launched in Canada!

Link: https://twitter.com/PokemonGoApp/status/754756895584509952

Guys, stop complaining. Obviously Niantic didn't know just how COOORAZY this launch would be. No one could have expected this level of fervor. Let Niantic truck along with their WORLDWIDE release and the player level will eventually drop to what was originally expected of this game, 100k active users.

Lucumo

Guys, stop complaining. Obviously Niantic didn't know just how COOORAZY this launch would be. No one could have expected this level of fervor. Let Niantic truck along with their WORLDWIDE release and the player level will eventually drop to what was originally expected of this game, 100k active users.

Yeah, they are handling that pretty poorly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom