• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Go |OT 2| Servers...gotta crash 'em all!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Matbtz

Level 12. But apparently only from Pokestops and levelling. You can't buy them in the shop either from what I heard.

Nope you can't. But you get plenty from pokestop, I have right now 133 pokeball and 93 great balls only from pokestop.

PSFan

Nope you can't. But you get plenty from pokestop, I have right now 133 pokeball and 93 great balls only from pokestop.

This sounds dumb to me. Why wouldn't they let you spend real money for the better balls? I'm sure lots of players would buy both Great and Ultra balls. Doesn't Niantic want to have more real money coming in?

correojon

This sounds dumb to me. Why wouldn't they let you spend real money for the better balls? I'm sure lots of players would buy both Great and Ultra balls. Doesn't Niantic want to have more real money coming in?

Haven´t you noticed it already? Niantic isn´t doing this for money, they´re doing it for the lulz. Caught a high CP Snorlax? Game freezes. Want to go exploring and find something new? Take these 8000 Zubats instead. Want Great Balls? Spekkeh already explained.

the money comes from people wasting all their balls on higher CP pokemon with no patience to stock up via pokestops
you burn through the regular pokeballs very fast when trying to catch a high CP pokemon, so more money for Niantic
also 20 pokeballs for 1€ looks somewhat fair, great balls would need to cost more and could probably look expensive when compared to regular balls to the casual customer
say 10 greatballs for 1-2€

Chaos17

Second day today and I think, none of us really need any third party program because just walking around pokestops was enough for me to get some pokemons. I visited 5-ish pokestops and catched along the way the pokemons.

I didn't stayed at the stops, I just passed to take my freebies and gone home. Still did take 45 mins since I'm slow and only burned 61 cal, lol.

I didn't also checked the in game tracker, I didn't felt to since I wasn't specialy hunting. Gps spoofers shouldn't play this game, there is no point to play it if you don't go out better play the normal Pokemon games, you will be able to collect too and the gameplay will be better.

I saw some people playing but didn't get the chance to sociabilize yet, we're just too few but quite active! Yesterday night Red took over all the gyms around my house but today blue fought back and I even saw 1 yellow!

Anyway, here's my catch of the day, I expected it to be hard to catch since I'm low level.
Cn48ZTuXEAAgMZo.jpg

I totaly forgot to try to pvp 1 gym, lol Tomorow I guess. My little walk was okay, I wish we had more greenery in my mittle town.

PSFan

the money comes from people wasting all their balls on higher CP pokemon with no patience to stock up via pokestops
you burn through the regular pokeballs very fast when trying to catch a high CP pokemon, so more money for Niantic
also 20 pokeballs for 1€ looks somewhat fair, great balls would need to cost more and could probably look expensive when compared to regular balls to the casual customer
say 10 greatballs for 1-2€

Not for some people. My local public library has 3 pokestops right in front of it. I just sit there all day and stock up on Pokeballs. I never have to spend a penny on them. I'd probably be willing to buy Great and Ultraballs though.

Ok, some people might be a tad too dedicated. Went to bed yesterday at 3 AM, which was right as the servers came back online after a few hours of downtime. I checked my phone and saw someone instantly fighting the Gym behind my house, whittling down the three POKéMON in it and then taking over the Gym. Because there are no houses in range of the Gym, this means that someone came out to the Gym and then waited until 3 AM for the servers to come back online just to take over this single Gym. You know, instead of going to sleep and doing it in the morning.

The servers are usually not down for everyone, as in there always seem to be some people who can still get in while a lot of people are having issues.

Firemind

Hatched a Scyther
Hatched a Voltorb
Hatched a Ponyta
Hatched an Exeggcute
Caught an Electabuzz
Caught a Squirtle
Went from lvl 15 to 17

Today has been a good day

Second day today and I think, none of us really need any third party program because just walking around pokestops was enough for me to get some pokemons. I visited 5-ish pokestops and catched along the way the pokemons.
Some of us don't have the benefit of living somewhere with 5 Pokestops within walking distance.

Also, this isn't about the amount of progress made within 2 days of starting up the game.

This is about being level 20+, 80 unique Pokemon, and just trying to catch them all without needing to catch a million Pidgeys in the process.

This is about playing the game long enough to realize gyms, cp, attacks, etc... Don't matter until some major adjustments are made. I just want to fill up my Pokedex, and that's not going to happen by walking around the neighborhood like this game wants me to. The neighborhoods around me have Zubats, Spearows, and Pidgeys right now. I can't possibly predict the time of day the game will decide to spawn one of the Pokemon I don't have yet somewhere around me. I'm playing Overwatch with a live map of the area around my apartment on my second monitor. If something worthwhile shows up nearby, I'll go walk outside and catch it.

Servers still rock solid for everyone today? Seem great to me.
It's only 6am on the west coast. Wait for us to wake up first. Servers don't die until later in the day.

I don't know if someone mentioned this already, but I haven't been able to play the game since release. I keep having to set my avatar while getting 'onboard avatar already set'... and then the app shuts down automatically. A few redditors said it's issues with android 4.4.2 but idk.

I have a Huawei P6 with said android version.

I hatched three 5km eggs minutes ago. Got three Pokémon that I only found once before. After the animation was finished I looked them up in my Pokémon list and all three Pokémon are there only once but not twice.

I don't get this. The old ones seem to have been replaced since I sorted the list by date of discovery and the "new" ones seem to have been registered.

Is this a common bug? Super annoying...

sophora

My mom was screaming about a "big bear" being outside. So I confronted it and caught it.

Cc9XUIY.jpg

Pumped the 3 candies I had into him since he was about 350cp. My baby ;A;

T.O.P

Banned
They should really put another infinite Incubator for purchase in the store :|

3 uses for 150 poke coins ain't that good

Chaos17

In 2 hours, I will probably have the please to see the salty tears of frenchs :D

Edit: from tweeter they all beleive game will come out because of wikipedia page ?
yociexp41.gif

I hatched three 5km eggs minutes ago. Got three Pokémon that I only found once before. After the animation was finished I looked them up in my Pokémon list and all three Pokémon are there only once but not twice.

I don't get this. The old ones seem to have been replaced since I sorted the list by date of discovery and the "new" ones seem to have been registered.

Is this a common bug? Super annoying...

Never happened to me. Sort by name and double check, this doesn't sound like a bug I've ever heard of

DarkTom

I started 2 days ago, I really like it.
Most of my coworkers are playing it and we have great fun.

I have a walk to do after work with a lot of poke-stops on the way, it should be a great time for catching pokemons, I hope the servers won't be saturated...

They should really put another infinite Incubator for purchase in the store :|

3 uses for 150 poke coins ain't that good

Yeah I currently got 90 coins and cant really decide what I should aim for...incubators seem like the best item cause all other stuff can be found around...yet maybe a bag upgrade wouldnt be that bad...

JaceR

NYC gaf here.

Had to get off at times sq on my way to work this morning (mta lol) . I loaded up to see what I could catch as I power walk 8 blocks.

Low and behold

R9EB0Jr.jpg

I was 8min late to work...... I ain't even mad

MajorMane

Yeah I currently got 90 coins and cant really decide what I should aim for...incubators seem like the best item cause all other stuff can be found around...yet maybe a bag upgrade wouldnt be that bad...

Grab a bag upgrade (or two) if you are around a lot of Pokestops.

Otherwise incubators are the way to go, IMO.

Grab a bag upgrade (or two) if you are around a lot of Pokestops.

Otherwise incubators are the way to go, IMO.

I get around lots of stops and already had to throw away some potions and stuff...yet I think Incubators should be the better choice PLUS there should be a way to have more eggs...or can you have more when you upgrade your Poké-Bag?

cHinzo

NYC gaf here.

Had to get off at times sq on my way to work this morning (mta lol) . I loaded up to see what I could catch as I power walk 8 blocks.

Low and behold

R9EB0Jr.jpg

What level do you need to be to catch 1000+ CP Pokemans? Great Blastoise!

Kid Ska

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Wow, the evolution multipliers for the Gastly line are absolute trash. That's really disappointing.

T.O.P

Banned
NYC gaf here.

Low and behold

R9EB0Jr.jpg

I hate u :|

My fav pokemon :|

sh1fty

http://times-herald.com/news/2016/07/cemeteries-are-a-no-go-for-pokémon-go

My local county has banned Pokemon (and other phone games) from the public cemeteries. I understand not wanting a bunch of kids crowding the plots and preventing loved ones from visiting their deceased. But, they allow other recreational activities like biking, jogging, and rollerblading in the cemetery. There is even a county sponsored walking tour through the area.

There's a cemetery on my commute home that has 6-7 pokestops in it within a 300 foot radius... Makes for a good pit stop to stock up on pokeballs!

I'm genuinely baffled by these people climbing trees or walking on graves to get pokemon. You don't even have to be all that physically near stuff to make it pop up on your screen or to get them so there's rarely any need to do weird stuff like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom